Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 244
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Well sure, Ian Anderson is a great flutist, but can he pitch?
    The Dodgers have no answer for the flute. Reminds me of the Paul Simon vs Connie Hawkins one-on-one basketball matchup on SNL. Paul said his strategy was to stay with his strength, singing and songwriting.

  2. #122
    Please do not start Markakis tonight. Duvall being out of this series has hurt more than has been discussed.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Please do not start Markakis tonight. Duvall being out of this series has hurt more than has been discussed.
    Duval has been missed. He has been superb this year. Who would you start instead of Markakis? And he has lost bat speed and is overmatched by power pitchers. I agree. I would still start him for defensive purposes.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Duval has been missed. He has been superb this year. Who would you start instead of Markakis? And he has lost bat speed and is overmatched by power pitchers. I agree. I would still start him for defensive purposes.
    Anyone. Hopefully the Dodgers will pitch Urias so Snitker won’t be tempted to start Markakis.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    The Dodgers have no answer for the flute. Reminds me of the Paul Simon vs Connie Hawkins one-on-one basketball matchup on SNL. Paul said his strategy was to stay with his strength, singing and songwriting.
    If you come across a link for the SNL skit involving Paul Simon and Connie Hawkins PLEASE post it. Sounds hilarious. 😊

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, D.C.

    Yeah but

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    The Dodgers have no answer for the flute. Reminds me of the Paul Simon vs Connie Hawkins one-on-one basketball matchup on SNL. Paul said his strategy was to stay with his strength, singing and songwriting.
    What about the aqualung? Will MLB allow that?

    An old friend from high school saw Tull in Athens (Greece) a year or so ago, pre-pandemic, in some ancient theater. It was so loud it hurt his ears. He left and listened to it from outside.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    What about the aqualung? Will MLB allow that?

    An old friend from high school saw Tull in Athens (Greece) a year or so ago, pre-pandemic, in some ancient theater. It was so loud it hurt his ears. He left and listened to it from outside.
    Aquaboogie?

    https://youtu.be/pqEDxjLC-gQ

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    If you come across a link for the SNL skit involving Paul Simon and Connie Hawkins PLEASE post it. Sounds hilarious. 😊
    It’s on nbc.com (or the NBC app), and it’s the second episode ever of SNL, Oct. ‘75. It’s the third segment, but there’s a LOT of embedded ads, so be patient. You need a TV provider To access the show. (Not sure how to link an app, sorry.). Probably on Peacock as well.

  9. #129
    Dustin May gets the call for the Dodgers as the "opener". Threw 55 pitches in game 5. Dodgers going with the pieced together plan with May, Urias I suppose.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northwest NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Dustin May gets the call for the Dodgers as the "opener". Threw 55 pitches in game 5. Dodgers going with the pieced together plan with May, Urias I suppose.
    I would have to think the plan is May for a couple innings at most, then a combination of Urias and Gonsolin to get them into the late innings. Let's hope at least one of them isn't sharp and the Braves take advantage.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Braves score in the first and we know Anderson is not going to give up a run so game over, right? Whew, I thought it was going to be a tense evening. Sure am glad that is done.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Braves score in the first and we know Anderson is not going to give up a run so game over, right? Whew, I thought it was going to be a tense evening. Sure am glad that is done.
    Ha! Headed to bed?

  13. #133
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Will Smith does it again in the pursuit of happyness. He's a Bad Boy.

    That takes focus. One more time and he is Legend.

    But Mattman and JasonEvans are for the Braves, so as far as I'm concerned Will Smith is an enemy of the state
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 10-18-2020 at 08:35 PM.

  14. #134
    Gonsolin walked just 1 fewer guys in 2 short outings this series as he did all regular season long. 0.84 WHIP this year.

  15. #135
    3rd consecutive game with a baserunning mistake. Couldn’t have screwed it up much worse.

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northwest NC
    Braves base running...🤦
    Last edited by DUKIECB; 10-18-2020 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Typo

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Durham
    How about that 97 mph pitch right down the middle by Matzek to strike out Muncy on a 2-2 count with the bases loaded??? Epic.

  18. #138
    Betts hasn't hit well but my goodness he is a great defensive outfielder.

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    With 2 strikes the Dodgers are now batting .647 with 18 homers in this game.

    That might not be a completely accurate stat but it sure feels that way.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  20. #140
    Baserunning mistakes in the last 3 games will come back to haunt the Braves.

Similar Threads

  1. 2020 NBA Playoffs
    By cato in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 1349
    Last Post: 10-17-2020, 10:29 PM
  2. NHL Playoffs
    By Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2017, 08:40 PM
  3. NHL Playoffs
    By mr. synellinden in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-26-2013, 03:02 PM
  4. NHL Playoffs
    By mac46 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 11:04 AM
  5. PGA Playoffs
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-20-2010, 11:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •