Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Game 4 was exceptional. So many back-and-forths (including a WS record 8 straight half innings with runs scored) and an incredible finish - kind of a shame that it was a comedy of errors instead of a clean finish, but incredible nonetheless.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

I have to say, I think Kenley Jansen is basically unplayable at this point. I would not trust him in a 9th inning situation (or, really, any high leverage situation) from here on out.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    I have to say, I think Kenley Jansen is basically unplayable at this point. I would not trust him in a 9th inning situation (or, really, any high leverage situation) from here on out.
    It really was just 2 bloop hits with a careful (and smart) pitch around in between, but I agree that Jansen is unreliable. But the problem the Dodgers have is that there isnít anyone more reliable in their pen. Maybe Graterol? They need starters to go deeper to keep relievers out of high leverage spots.

Amazing game though

Game 4 was exceptional. So many back-and-forths (including a WS record 8 straight half innings with runs scored) and an incredible finish - kind of a shame that it was a comedy of errors instead of a clean finish, but incredible nonetheless.
    I have to say, with all the clean outs from analytical defense, itís nice to see bloops and blunders making a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I have to say, with all the clean outs from analytical defense, itís nice to see bloops and blunders making a difference.
    In 1946 the Cards beat the Red Sox in game 7 as Enos Slaughter scored from first on a hit-and-run, when Johnny Pesky supposedly held the ball. There is some controversy on what actually happened, but HOFer and future Duke coach Slaughter did run through a stop sign by the third base coach.

If this had been game 7, the misplays that ended the game would be its equal in baseball lore.

Kindly,
    Sage
    'Of course, the Boston fans have to have their villain -- poor Pesky, poor Bill Buckner (1986)'
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Jansen was one of the top 2-3 closers in MLB from 2015-2017. He has not been that pitcher in quite some time unfortunately.

I have to say, I think Kenley Jansen is basically unplayable at this point...
    Yep. I fully expect him to be in a Tiger's uniform soon.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

8. Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    It really was just 2 bloop hits with a careful (and smart) pitch around in between, but I agree that Jansen is unreliable. But the problem the Dodgers have is that there isnít anyone more reliable in their pen. Maybe Graterol? They need starters to go deeper to keep relievers out of high leverage spots.

Amazing game though
    He missed his target pretty bad on that last pitch. 1-2 should have been a pitch right down the middle. Catcher was calling for a high ball out of the strike zone.

9. Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post

Amazing game though
    He missed his target pretty bad on that last pitch. 1-2 should have been a pitch right down the middle. Catcher was calling for a high ball out of the strike zone.