RIP Tommy Heinsohn

Son Paul is Duke '82 and played football. Grand-daughter Brooke is a goalie on the Duke soccer team.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymax View Post
    Son Paul is Duke '82 and played football. Grand-daughter Brooke is a goalie on the Duke soccer team.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...hn-dies-age-86

Dang it.

Only guy I ever heard describe a slam dunk as a "cram."

"And Parish . . . with the cram!" All good. RIP.

As a long-time resident of the Boston area, I was a huge fan of Tommy H - both in his playing days and as an announcer. He always tried to be impartial but you could sense his "Celtics love" on his broadcasts. My Dad once played in a celebrity golf tournament with him - said he was a very nice guy but had a wicked duck hook.

RIP

RIP. I remember him doing national games with Dick Stockton in the 80s when I was a kid. He was very old school, which I liked. He played well before my time but was a hall of famer as a player and won a few titles as a coach, so he really did it all.

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    As a long-time resident of the Boston area, I was a huge fan of Tommy H - both in his playing days and as an announcer. He always tried to be impartial but you could sense his "Celtics love" on his broadcasts. My Dad once played in a celebrity golf tournament with him - said he was a very nice guy but had a wicked duck hook.

RIP
    Always a fan of Tommy and the Celts. As for a hook in golf, one of my friends used to say, some of my best friends are hookers.

RIP Tommy.