Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Well sure, Ian Anderson is a great flutist, but can he pitch?
    The Dodgers have no answer for the flute. Reminds me of the Paul Simon vs Connie Hawkins one-on-one basketball matchup on SNL. Paul said his strategy was to stay with his strength, singing and songwriting.

Please do not start Markakis tonight. Duvall being out of this series has hurt more than has been discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Please do not start Markakis tonight. Duvall being out of this series has hurt more than has been discussed.
    Duval has been missed. He has been superb this year. Who would you start instead of Markakis? And he has lost bat speed and is overmatched by power pitchers. I agree. I would still start him for defensive purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Duval has been missed. He has been superb this year. Who would you start instead of Markakis? And he has lost bat speed and is overmatched by power pitchers. I agree. I would still start him for defensive purposes.
    Anyone. Hopefully the Dodgers will pitch Urias so Snitker won’t be tempted to start Markakis.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    The Dodgers have no answer for the flute. Reminds me of the Paul Simon vs Connie Hawkins one-on-one basketball matchup on SNL. Paul said his strategy was to stay with his strength, singing and songwriting.
    If you come across a link for the SNL skit involving Paul Simon and Connie Hawkins PLEASE post it. Sounds hilarious. 😊

Yeah but

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    What about the aqualung? Will MLB allow that?

An old friend from high school saw Tull in Athens (Greece) a year or so ago, pre-pandemic, in some ancient theater. It was so loud it hurt his ears. He left and listened to it from outside.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    What about the aqualung? Will MLB allow that?

An old friend from high school saw Tull in Athens (Greece) a year or so ago, pre-pandemic, in some ancient theater. It was so loud it hurt his ears. He left and listened to it from outside.
    Aquaboogie?

https://youtu.be/pqEDxjLC-gQ

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    If you come across a link for the SNL skit involving Paul Simon and Connie Hawkins PLEASE post it. Sounds hilarious. 😊
    It’s on nbc.com (or the NBC app), and it’s the second episode ever of SNL, Oct. ‘75. It’s the third segment, but there’s a LOT of embedded ads, so be patient. You need a TV provider To access the show. (Not sure how to link an app, sorry.). Probably on Peacock as well.

Dustin May gets the call for the Dodgers as the "opener". Threw 55 pitches in game 5. Dodgers going with the pieced together plan with May, Urias I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Dustin May gets the call for the Dodgers as the "opener". Threw 55 pitches in game 5. Dodgers going with the pieced together plan with May, Urias I suppose.
    I would have to think the plan is May for a couple innings at most, then a combination of Urias and Gonsolin to get them into the late innings. Let's hope at least one of them isn't sharp and the Braves take advantage.

Braves score in the first and we know Anderson is not going to give up a run so game over, right? Whew, I thought it was going to be a tense evening. Sure am glad that is done.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Braves score in the first and we know Anderson is not going to give up a run so game over, right? Whew, I thought it was going to be a tense evening. Sure am glad that is done.
    Ha! Headed to bed?

Will Smith does it again in the pursuit of happyness. He's a Bad Boy.

That takes focus. One more time and he is Legend.

But Mattman and JasonEvans are for the Braves, so as far as I'm concerned Will Smith is an enemy of the state
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 10-18-2020 at 09:35 PM.

Gonsolin walked just 1 fewer guys in 2 short outings this series as he did all regular season long. 0.84 WHIP this year.

3rd consecutive game with a baserunning mistake. Couldn’t have screwed it up much worse.

Braves base running...🤦
    Last edited by DUKIECB; 10-18-2020 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Typo

How about that 97 mph pitch right down the middle by Matzek to strike out Muncy on a 2-2 count with the bases loaded??? Epic.

Betts hasn't hit well but my goodness he is a great defensive outfielder.

With 2 strikes the Dodgers are now batting .647 with 18 homers in this game.

That might not be a completely accurate stat but it sure feels that way.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Baserunning mistakes in the last 3 games will come back to haunt the Braves.