Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    What’s your prediction for game 6?
    I predict that Jason will be holding his breath for at least 8 innings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Is the American League even playing a championship series?
    The ALCS fell in the woods and nobody heard it.

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Max Fried is a slightly better pitcher than Walker Buehler. Edge Braves.

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Max Fried is a slightly better pitcher than Walker Buehler. Edge Braves.
    By what measure? Fried is very good, especially this year, but Buehler’s had a better career.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    By what measure? Fried is very good, especially this year, but Buehler’s had a better career.
    I’m talking about RIGHT NOW. I’ll take Fried

Ummm

I’m talking about RIGHT NOW. I’ll take Fried
    Not aging well in the bottom of the first.

Not aging well in the bottom of the first.
    Well, I gave it a shot. 😉

Yet another example of why I don’t bet money on sports! Pies? Well, that’s another story.

Yet another example of why I don’t bet money on sports! Pies? Well, that’s another story.
    If you had asked me at the start of the series I would have said Dodgers in 5. I am thrilled with how the Braves have battled in the series and won 3 games against a fantastic Dodgers team. Fried has kept the Braves in this one and the Braves have looked pretty good against Buehler. Would have liked to scratch out a run or 2 to put some game pressure on the Dodgers. If you had given me a scenario at the start of the series to be in a game 7 against these guys I would have jumped at it. And this one still isn't over.

Fried

He recovered well. Surprised they let him start the 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    The ALCS fell in the woods and nobody heard it.
    So, if the Astros take the pennant after falling behind 3-0, no one here will mention it because Braves. That’s gotta be, like, the most ATL thing ever.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Yeah, but

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    So, if the Astros take the pennant after falling behind 3-0, no one here will mention it because Braves. That’s gotta be, like, the most ATL thing ever.
    It would be the most Dusty Baker thing ever to bring a team back from 0-3 to 3-3 with a meltdown in game 7.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    This is so exciting! The Braves are setting up Atlanta for one heck of a crushing loss. It is going to be epic as only Atlanta teams can accomplish. I predict a 3-1 series lead and at least 2 8th or 9th inning blown saves on the way to the Dodgers winning in 7 (and the Dodgers will win game 7 by at least 5 runs).

It won’t be quite 28-3, it it will come close.
    Runner leaves 3rd early to be out and then your unhittable ace gives up 3 in the first in game 6 ain't quite as dramatic as a pair of blown 9th inning lead, but it comes close.

We are well on our way to finding the most Atlanta way to Atlanta this Atlanta team out of the playoffs. Sigh...

I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate being right.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Runner leaves 3rd early to be out and then your unhittable ace gives up 3 in the first in game 6 ain't quite as dramatic as a pair of blown 9th inning lead, but it comes close.

We are well on our way to finding the most Atlanta way to Atlanta this Atlanta team out of the playoffs. Sigh...

I’d be ROTFLMFAO if I didn’t detest LA so much. #DodgerHaterSince1977
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Well

The Braves have the advantage in starting pitchers tomorrow, if that’s any consolation.

And Albies is safe but gives himself up tonight. Swanson follows with a base hit.

And Albies is safe but gives himself up tonight. Swanson follows with a base hit.
    I sent a text to my buddy after that saying we can't get a break when we get a break. Just seemed like one of those games where it just wasn't your night no matter what you did. I like our chances tomorrow if Anderson pitches like he has been lately. Fried got through plenty of innings so the pen should be ready. We've got to score early and put the pressure on them.

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    I sent a text to my buddy after that saying we can't get a break when we get a break. Just seemed like one of those games where it just wasn't your night no matter what you did. I like our chances tomorrow if Anderson pitches like he has been lately. Fried got through plenty of innings so the pen should be ready. We've got to score early and put the pressure on them.
    Yea our offense wasn’t good enough but all hands on deck with Anderson starting gives us a shot. I’m so tired of seeing Nick Markakis suck in the playoffs. Hopefully he sits.

The Braves have the advantage in starting pitchers (Anderson) tomorrow, if that’s any consolation.
    Well sure, Ian Anderson is a great flutist, but can he pitch?