Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

FB: Boston College 26, Duke 6

The game is far away, but the TV channel list is available so we might as well start the thread now:
    https://theacc.com/sports/2020/9/11/..._BC_DU_20.aspx

The hope is that later in the week there will be a map that will show you options based on your location. For now, assume that if you are in the market for one of the listed channels, you can watch on TV or online using that channel. Those outside of the ACC footprint who subscribe to ACC Network should also be able to watch on WatchESPN. Some providers will also have the game on ESPN College Extra for those outside the conference area.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 09-19-2020 at 03:32 PM.

No odds posted yet at vegasinsider.com but I expect Duke to open as a five points favorite.
    Bob Green

The BC starting QB is a transfer from Notre Dame. He was a four star recruit ranked #83 nationally in his class. He will be a handful.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Sagarin says Duke by 9 at home. Sagarin also puts the rest of our ACC games basically in the tossup category except this one. (@UVA is the worst at a 4 point loss.) Keep in mind our opponents have played 0-1 games. If your biggest improvement between Game 1 and Game 2, I like this advantage against BC and UVA.

We really have no idea what to expect with this new coach other than this will not be a repeat of the 9-7 fireworks from 2015. He was promoted from a defensive position coach to HC. You might get Dabo Swinney, but you also might get Carl Franks, Chuck Amato, and John Bunting. Fun fact: BC's OC was UNC's OC in John Bunting's last game, and we can ruminate whether it should have been Ted Roof's. The score was 45-44 UNC on a missed PAT. (Yes, too soon for me.)

BC gave up almost 200 on the ground last year and close to 500 overall. If we struggle to run against BC, this could be a long season. BC probably isn't going to drop much from the 250 per game rushing they had last year. They were not a strong passing team last year, and I'm not sure you can expect drastic improvement there in Game 1 in the current environment. We have a few downs of tape on the QB from last year's ND game. He didn't throw the ball but ran for 24 yards.

Score early and often is my best guess. I generally avoid watching members #10-14.5 in the ACC, and I can't recall seeing BC in person since the rainy 9-7 shootout.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Sagarin says Duke by 9 at home. Sagarin also puts the rest of our ACC games basically in the tossup category except this one. (@UVA is the worst at a 4 point loss.) Keep in mind our opponents have played 0-1 games. If your biggest improvement between Game 1 and Game 2, I like this advantage against BC and UVA.

We really have no idea what to expect with this new coach other than this will not be a repeat of the 9-7 fireworks from 2015. He was promoted from a defensive position coach to HC. You might get Dabo Swinney, but you also might get Carl Franks, Chuck Amato, and John Bunting. Fun fact: BC's OC was UNC's OC in John Bunting's last game, and we can ruminate whether it should have been Ted Roof's. The score was 45-44 UNC on a missed PAT. (Yes, too soon for me.)

BC gave up almost 200 on the ground last year and close to 500 overall. If we struggle to run against BC, this could be a long season. BC probably isn't going to drop much from the 250 per game rushing they had last year. They were not a strong passing team last year, and I'm not sure you can expect drastic improvement there in Game 1 in the current environment. We have a few downs of tape on the QB from last year's ND game. He didn't throw the ball but ran for 24 yards.

Score early and often is my best guess. I generally avoid watching members #10-14.5 in the ACC, and I can't recall seeing BC in person since the rainy 9-7 shootout.
    Early betting lines - Duke by 5.5-6

Any updates on injuries from Saturday? Too soon to tell? Upper body/lower body? Unspecified? Day-to-day?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I wouldn't put much, if any, stock in Sagarin until at least several games have been played...

Jim Sumner article on front page:

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...-duke-football

Coach Cutcliffe talks Boston College.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    The game is far away, but the TV channel list is available so we might as well start the thread now:
    https://theacc.com/sports/2020/9/11/..._BC_DU_20.aspx

The hope is that later in the week there will be a map that will show you options based on your location. For now, assume that if you are in the market for one of the listed channels, you can watch on TV or online using that channel. Those outside of the ACC footprint who subscribe to ACC Network should also be able to watch on WatchESPN. Some providers will also have the game on ESPN College Extra for those outside the conference area.
    RSN is Fox Sports carolinas in Greensboro, Spectrum channel 51. Our game wasn't listed in their program guide yesterday when I looked, but now it is.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    RSN is Fox Sports carolinas in Greensboro, Spectrum channel 51. Our game wasn't listed in their program guide yesterday when I looked, but now it is.
    Game is also scheduled for ESPN3.

Just added here, too. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    Game is also scheduled for ESPN3.
    Interesting that it is listed as ESPN3 and not ACCNX like RSN games last season.

Can someone definitely within the ACC footprint please check their WatchESPN schedule to see if the game is listed? There may be different rules given the current special circumstances.

If it helps, my U-Verse guide shows the game on channels

1722 Fox Sports Sun
    1735 SportsTime Ohio
    1744 FSN Wisconsin
    1748 FSN St. Louis
    1751 FSN Oklahoma
    1753 FSN Dallas
    1755 FSN Houston
    1756 FSN San Antonio
    1774 FSN Prime Ticket
    1775 FSN Arizona
    1776 FSN San Diego

While on the subject, channel 647 (Fox College Sports Atlantic) has “Duke All-Access” with Coach Cutcliffe on Saturdays at 10:30am ET.

More on Duke - BC:

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...fe-chase-brice

Jim Sumner with more on Saturday’s home opener. Derrick Tangelo expects “smash mouth” football.
    Bob Green

Interesting that it is listed as ESPN3 and not ACCNX like RSN games last season.

Can someone definitely within the ACC footprint please check their WatchESPN schedule to see if the game is listed? There may be different rules given the current special circumstances.
    Usually if you're in the ACC footprint the game is not​ available to stream online for these RSN games.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell

Per your request, I took a look. It shows up on the list as ESPN3 here in Durham. Couldn’t bring up the specifics, it’s just in the list at this point. Don’t know if that’s normal three days ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Per your request, I took a look. It shows up on the list as ESPN3 here in Durham. Couldn’t bring up the specifics, it’s just in the list at this point. Don’t know if that’s normal three days ahead.
    This doesn't tell us whether it will be blacked out, historically blacked out games show up on the list and don't tell you they are blacked out in your area until you try to play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    This doesn't tell us whether it will be blacked out, historically blacked out games show up on the list and don't tell you they are blacked out in your area until you try to play them.
    That’s what awhom111 has been doing for years, providing us a valuable service by identifying the broadcast details, including blackout areas. It appears that the blackout list isn’t showing up as it did in previous seasons. All I did was provide awhom111 with the information requested from within the ACC area (no doubt that being in the Durham city limits is within the footprint.) If we don’t get more info before game time, I’ll try to get the game on ESPN3 while watching on Fox Sports South to see if things have changed regarding the blackout. The lack of information may be an indication that ESPN is changing the “rules” because of the pandemic, or it may be that they just haven’t gotten around to posting the blackout area yet.

Ozzie, Fox Sports South is channel 50 in Durham, 51 is the Golf Channel here. Is it different in Greensboro, or were you subconsciously wanting to watch the US open?

(Spectrum likes to keep channel numbers consistent in a general area, that’s why I’m asking.)