Paolo Banchero interview

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...ring-covid-19/

Saw this interesting interview with him. Two things stuck out, to me...

First was who K compared him to: Shane Battier, LeBron James, and Luka Doncic. Uh... okay, I love K, but he MAY be trying too hard... ?

But second, and more interesting to me, was the story he told of a terrible encounter with a policeman in high school, and how both K's and Nolan Smith's work and words regarding social justice resonated with him.

An interesting read, for sure, and an early glimpse at how Duke's positions may impact basketball.

Banchero was also on Jeff Goodman's "Good n Plenty" podcast this week, along with Chet Holmgren (#1 player in the class of 2021, not a Duke target). There weren't any bombshells dropped, just an informal conversation about a number of topics ranging from what the players did over the summer, the prospect of being paid NIL money, and their rankings of the top NBA players. An enjoyable listen. Homgren also sounds like an impressive kid, very mature and well-spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post

Saw this interesting interview with him. Two things stuck out, to me...

First was who K compared him to: Shane Battier, LeBron James, and Luka Doncic. Uh... okay, I love K, but he MAY be trying too hard... ?

But second, and more interesting to me, was the story he told of a terrible encounter with a policeman in high school, and how both K's and Nolan Smith's work and words regarding social justice resonated with him.

An interesting read, for sure, and an early glimpse at how Duke's positions may impact basketball.
    How does one compare Shane Battier to either Lebron or Luka? I mean, Battier was a great defensive player who could score at the college level. But Lebron and Luka are arguably the best players of their decade (in Luka's case, probably the best player of their respective decade).

That's like saying an exciting new chef is comparable to Daniel Boulud, Thomas Keller, and Guy Fieri.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    How does one compare Shane Battier to either Lebron or Luka? I mean, Battier was a great defensive player who could score at the college level. But Lebron and Luka are arguably the best players of their decade (in Luka's case, probably the best player of their respective decade).

That's like saying an exciting new chef is comparable to Daniel Boulud, Thomas Keller, and Guy Fieri.
    The Battier comparison was specifically about basketball IQ

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    That is a terrible story. Some cops just shouldn't be cops.