Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    If it WERE a national security threat, we would be acting and seeking to do so in concert with other nations and international organizations. I don't claim to be current, but I have heard 1,000 times as much talk about defending the Earth against asteroids than against extraterrestrial civilizations.
    I could be wrong, but Asteroids are real. A dinosaur told me so (in a note he left for me).

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    I could be wrong, but Asteroids are real. A dinosaur told me so (in a note he left for me).

Larry
    DevilHorse
    36DE5FBD-F7C0-4FE6-A9E8-9207680A3A98.jpg

(a personal favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    How many eye-witness accounts of ghosts have we had over the centuries? It's a rhetorical question. But if we believe eye-witness accounts, don't we have to accept the existence of ghosts? And the Loch Ness Monster? And Sasquatch? And so many other things described by eye-witness accounts that almost certainly are something else.

Does anyone really believe in the existence of ghosts? And I realize I might regret asking that question.
    I’m not sure that ghosts exist, but neither am I sure they don’t exist.
    I believe in Sasquatch and am not joking.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    *Podcast* Pilot David Fravor’s podcast with Joe Rogan, as he recounts the event in a two-hour interview.

*Podcast* Pilot David Fravor’s podcast with Lex Fridman, as he recounts the event in a recent (last week) four-hour interview.
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I finally got around to listening to the first Pilot Fravor podcast. Very interesting and compelling listening. Clearly a UFO...ET, dunno, but well worth the listen.

Thanks for sharing!
    I agree and for anyone who is on the fence regarding UFO/ET then watching either of Commander Fravor's podcasts needs to happen. Remember for UFO/ET to be proven it only takes one legitimate case to be true.

After listening to the podcast would you say according to Commander’s Fravor’s eyewitness testimony that it is more likely to be man made or ET?

I agree and for anyone who is on the fence regarding UFO/ET then watching either of Commander Fravor's podcasts needs to happen. Remember for UFO/ET to be proven it only takes one legitimate case to be true.

After listening to the podcast would you say according to Commander’s Fravor’s eyewitness testimony that it is more likely to be man made or ET?
    Or neither? You posit only an either/or. That's pretty limiting.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Or neither? You posit only an either/or. That's pretty limiting.
    bundabergdevil said that after watching the podcast it was a UFO but he didn't know about ET. I was asking him to speculate on Commander’s Fravor’s eyewitness testimony.

Well, we have lots of cases of Unidentified Flying Objects being unidentified. So, I agree. We have proven that Unidentified Flying Objects exist.

Well, we have lots of cases of Unidentified Flying Objects being unidentified. So, I agree. We have proven that Unidentified Flying Objects exist.
    It is good to see you finally come around!

Hmm... I haven't quite ID'd who's come around where...

-jk

One of us needs to fine-tune the old sarcasm detector. Just not sure which one.

One of us needs to fine-tune the old sarcasm detector. Just not sure which one.
    I must say that I have always believed in Unidentified Flying Objects. The problem is that people keep trying to identify them in a way that in my day was called "Jumping to Cause."*

*JTC - Now there's a phrase I haven't used since my Kepner Tregoe training.

Well, I agree that whatever was observed was a UFO. I guess I take the literal and not colloquial usage of UFO. It was an unidentified flying object...That doesn't mean there isn't a non-ET explanation, just that we/they don't have it.

I'm generally comfortable with unexplained phenomenon because I don't think we are anywhere near the human limits of scientific understanding or discovery. So, it stands to reason there are lots of things we observe that we cannot explain and lots of things we think we know that we do not. There are also going to be plenty more startling apples falling from the tree moments in our future, too.

Soooooo...ET? I dunno. If I put on my Gary Larson Far Side hat, I could draw a parallel between wildlife scientists discovering a new species in a rainforest or at the bottom of the ocean. There are probably LOTS of those new species but they've been flitting or swimming along and just one of those species happened to actually encounter a banding, radio-collaring, anal-probing human. It's also incredibly difficult for humans, for all sorts of reasons, to get back to some of these far flung places on earth to revisit these new species. I guess I could see a once-in-a-while visiting ET being like those intrepid wildlife scientists venturing to the bottom of the ocean to discover a new species...

For the record: I have been to a Big Foot true believers event. I did not arrive or leave a true believer but I did have a good time.
    Last edited by bundabergdevil; 10-13-2020 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Hmm... I haven't quite ID'd who's come around where...

-jk
    Certainly you were thinking of Green Day...

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Well, I agree that whatever was observed was a UFO. I guess I take the literal and not colloquial usage of UFO. It was an unidentified flying object...That doesn't mean there isn't a non-ET explanation, just that we/they don't have it.

I'm generally comfortable with unexplained phenomenon because I don't think we are anywhere near the human limits of scientific understanding or discovery. So, it stands to reason there are lots of things we observe that we cannot explain and lots of things we think we know that we do not. There are also going to be plenty more startling apples falling from the tree moments in our future, too.

Soooooo...ET? I dunno. If I put on my Gary Larson Far Side hat, I could draw a parallel between wildlife scientists discovering a new species in a rainforest or at the bottom of the ocean. There are probably LOTS of those new species but they've been flitting or swimming along and just one of those species happened to actually encounter a banding, radio-collaring, anal-probing human. It's also incredibly difficult for humans, for all sorts of reasons, to get back to some of these far flung places on earth to revisit these new species. I guess I could see a once-in-a-while visiting ET being like those intrepid wildlife scientists venturing to the bottom of the ocean to discover a new species...

For the record: I have been to a Big Foot true believers event. I did not arrive or leave a true believer but I did have a good time.
    The speculation to me is the interesting part. I come from a science background myself and have only gotten into UFOs in the last three months. I had no idea how much interesting information is out there on this phenomenon.

I see a lot of posters who can’t get past “it is just an Unidentified Flying Object”. Yes, as far as science goes that is all that can be proven. But this a message board and the more interesting part to me is the speculation of what these craft are, considering the evidence that we have. And there is way more evidence than a lot of people want to admit. Credible observations from eyewitnesses, radar, images, and video all fall under evidence that science can and should be using to understand what is going on. So why not speculate on whether some of the more credible UFO cases are man made, ET, or other.

If the UFO are man made, that is only slightly less amazing than if the UFO are ET. I mean the world would have some blacks ops program with physics defying craft flying the friendly skies of the world since 1947. It seems a stretch to me but that would be almost as amazing as ET or ‘other’.

And as far as these UFO falling under the ‘other’ category that maybe would be the most amazing. As the UFOs would not only defy physics, it would maybe defile physics. Cause we would be talking about a light source, or dimensional being, or whatever throwing off heat signatures and interacting with our world in ways that are not even imaginable to us upright walking chimps.

But there are so many ship types, and so many credible sightings, over so many years. These are amazing times we live in and science, like a lot of things now days, is having a hard time keeping up with the exponential technology and exponential population growth of our world.

I meant to post this story last week. Very interesting research.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/07/world...rnd/index.html

But it does raise the issue, discussed elsewhere on this thread, that if UFO's are really vehicles manned by intelligent creatures, they would have to travel ENORMOUS distances to get to the planet earth. Unless they have figured out how to travel faster than the speed of light OR there really are "wormholes" or "folds" in the universe,
    it's hard to believe that anyone from another habitable planet could reach us in reasonable time.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Which came first hemorrhoids or asteroids because seems to me that someone over in "Nomenclature" slipped up?

Case #1 - USS Nimitz - 'tic-tac' UFO sighting – 2004

Case #2 USS Roosevelt - ‘Gimbal’, 'Go Fast' UFO sightings - 2015

Case #3 UFO swarm over Washington, DC – 1952

Case #4 Rendlesham, England - UFO in Forest – 1980

Case #5 Phoenix lights - triangular shaped UFOs – 1997

Case #6 Flight 1628 - Japanese cargo jet and 3 UFOs in Alaskan airspace – 1986

Case #7 Pilot Bowyer - Alderney UFO sighting – 2007
    On April 23, 2007, captain Ray Bowyer was flying a routine passenger flight for the civilian airline company, Aurigny Air Services, when he and his passengers gained progressively clearer views of two UFOs during a 12 to 15-minute period. Bowyer had 18 years of flying experience, and the 45-minute flight was one that he had completed every working day for more than 8 years.

Their 80-mile (130 km) journey of 45 minutes took them from Southampton on the southern coast of England, southwestwards to Alderney, being 10 miles (16 kilometres) from France, and the northernmost of the Channel Islands. Their particular flight path had them converging on two enormous, seemingly stationary and identical airborne craft, which emanated brilliant yellow light. A pilot of a plane near Sark, some 25 mi (40 km) to the south, confirmed the presence, general position and altitude of the first object from the opposite direction.

Radar traces also seemed to register the presence of two objects, which Ray Bowyer believed to be correlated with the position and time of the sighting. He concluded that it was not a reflection but an emission of light. With his binoculars, he could make out a definite shape. The object was long and thin from his viewpoint, and was pointed at each end. The horizontal to vertical dimensions of its body were in a ratio of about 15:1. It was brilliant yellow, with a dark grey band enveloping it one third from the right, like a band around a cigar. With his 10× magnification binoculars, he could make out that it bore no relation to a normal aeroplane. He took his glasses off to exclude the possibility of a reflection from behind.

His reaction was to make contact with Jersey ATC to confirm or exclude the possibility of traffic heading his way. Paul Kelly at Jersey ATC denied the presence of traffic in the said position, but could pick up a faint primary return radar signal, i.e. a signal without the additional transponder return. His instruments were however set to detect only moving objects.

A passenger behind the captain confirmed what he was seeing, and pointed out a second similar craft, immediately behind the first: "Upon nearing the object, a second identical shape appeared beyond the first. Both objects were of a flattened disk shape, with a dark area to [their] right. They were brilliant yellow, with light emanating from within, and I estimated them to be up to possibly a mile across." Jersey ATC was now able to get confirmation from the pilot of Blue Island Air, from 25 miles (40 km) to the south, also had visual contact with one object.

While observing the objects, Bowyer had proceeded well beyond his descent point. At this closest approach the two objects changed their positions and appeared to line up, one directly above the other. A transitory feature of the nearest object now became apparent. At the boundary between its radiant yellow area and the dark grey vertical band, Bowyer believed to perceive a pulsating interface where sparkling blues, greens and other hues were strobing up and down about once a second. Out of concern for the safety of his passengers, he started the descent to the runway and a haze layer obscured their final view of the objects. At no point during the flight however, had there been any interference with the aircraft's systems, instruments or radio communications.

Captain Bowyer relates: "This [was] a big object in the sky, a very, very big object. I did not want to be too close to it and it was at that time that we had to descend to land. We descended through the 2,000-foot (610 m) haze layer and lost sight of it." ... On Guernsey he related: "There was no hiding it, they were just there. I wasn't too happy. I was quite glad to get on the ground ... and have a cup of tea."

If it was designed by an engineer, that man had to be shaken by the hand because it was a fantastic piece of equipment, if that is what it was. I can't really say much further than to say what I've said all along, that this thing is not from around here. – Ray Bowyer

BBC Radio Guernsey reported that two visitors to Sark enquired at their hotel as to what two bright yellow objects in the sky might be. The objects were observed during an afternoon walk on the 23rd, in the direction of Alderney.

Wiki article with the above quotes and information.

So in this case we have two pilots, radar, two passengers, and two ground observations (people on a walk) corroborating the above sighting.

French pilot, Captain Jean-Charles Duboc provides support to Boyer, saying that he also saw a similar UFO outside of Paris in 1994. In the article Captain Jean-Charles Duboc said that in the last 60 years, there have been approximately 1,300 sightings by pilots and about 15% have been confirmed by radar. Think about those numbers. Keep in mind that a lot of pilots will not come forward and report seeing a UFO for fear of not being allowed to fly. Pilots make the most credible witnesses because they are trained observers and they come forward under enormous repercussions and scrutiny. Crazy people typically don't get to fly planes. With that in mind think about those numbers again, 1,300 reported sightings with 15% radar corroboration.

Case #1 - USS Nimitz - 'tic-tac' UFO sighting – 2004

Case #2 USS Roosevelt - ‘Gimbal’, 'Go Fast' UFO sightings - 2015

Case #3 UFO swarm over Washington, DC – 1952

Case #4 Rendlesham, England - UFO in Forest – 1980

Case #5 Phoenix lights - triangular shaped UFOs – 1997

Case #6 Flight 1628 - Japanese cargo jet and 3 UFOs in Alaskan airspace – 1986

Case #7 Pilot Bowyer - Alderney UFO sighting – 2007

Case # 8 O'Hare International Airport - UFO sighting - 2006
    The Chicago O'Hare UFO sighting occurred on November 7, 2006, around 4:15 p.m. when a total of 12 United Airlines employees and Andres, a witness from Torreon outside the airport at Chicago O'Hare International Airport, reported a UFO sighting. The Federal Aviation Administration declined to investigate the incident because the UFO was not seen on radar and called it a “weather phenomenon”.

Witnesses described the object as completely silent, 6 to 24 feet (1.8 to 7.3 m) in diameter and dark gray in color. Several independent witnesses outside of the airport also saw the object. One described a disc-shaped craft hovering over the airport, stating that it was "obviously not clouds." According to this witness, the object shot through the clouds at high velocity, leaving a clear blue hole in the cloud layer. The hole reportedly seemed to close itself shortly afterward.

According to the Chicago Tribune's Jon Hilkevitch, "The disc was visible for approximately five minutes and was seen by close to a dozen United Airlines employees, ranging from pilots to supervisors, who heard chatter on the radio and raced out to view it."

O’ Hare International Airport UFO sighting WIKI entry.

At approximately 4:30pm on November 7th, 2006, a worker at Gate C17, on Concourse C at the airport, reported seeing a ‘perfectly round’ object that was metallic and ‘appeared to be spinning’ almost directly above his position. He was ‘pushing back’ an airliner (Flight 446 to Charlotte, North Carolina) at the time and contacted the flight deck of the aircraft about what he was witnessing. He also contacted his superiors and reported what he was looking at. The object was visible to him for about two minutes.

Two weeks later, an aircraft mechanic contacted NUFORC to confirm that he had also witnessed the object. He was taxiing a Boeing 747 from the International terminal to the Company Hangar on the north side of the airport when he heard the mention of the UFO over the radio. At first he laughed, but then he saw it for himself. He described it as a ‘dark, grey, hazy, round object’ and that it appeared to be ‘trying to stay close to the cloud cover’, which had a ceiling of about 1900 feet that day. He finished parking the jumbo jet and when he looked again, the object had gone, but a ‘perfect circle in the cloud layer where the craft had been’ was now evident. He said that the hole disappeared a few minutes later.

Peter Davenport was a guest on Jeff Rense’s radio show on December 12th, 2006, and he introduced a witness to the event.

The witness, who claimed to be an airport worker, whose job it was to relocate aircraft from one part of the airport to another, and saw the UFO from the cockpit as he waited to move the plane. He described hearing the radio chatter about the UFO and wondered what was going on. Then he saw it ‘plain as day’. He said it was grey and at least 700 feet above the ground and below the cloud base. He said that the top of the object was well-defined, but the edges appeared blurred, as though distorted by heat haze. He saw no lights on the ‘craft’. He was aware of the ridicule that surrounds the UFO subject, but he was sure of what he saw. He estimated that the object must have been visible for about twenty minutes, based on the first radio call to the time he parked the aircraft. He said that many pilots had come on the radio saying that they also saw the object. He also suggested that Air Traffic Control (ATC) controllers had to have seen it, although they never mentioned it beyond joking dryly with the ground staff.

United Airlines (UA) mechanic, who was taxiing a Boeing 777 to the maintenance hangar at the time: “I tend to be scientific by nature, and I don't understand why aliens would hover over a busy airport, but I know that what I saw and what a lot of other people saw stood out very clearly, and it definitely was not an [Earth] aircraft.”

Other witnesses were extremely affected by what they saw, with one being ‘very shaken’ and ‘experiencing some religious issues’ about the object.

The object was seen to accelerate upwards at great speed, ‘punching a hole’ through the cloud deck.

Mercury Rapids article.

Detailed NARCAP report.

Just a different perspective on the UFO question:
    https://www.space.com/exoplanets-tra...ction-possible

The article uses a term you don't hear too often, unless you watch reruns of "Lost In Space" or take Astronomy classes.. namely the 'parsec'.
    The parsec is descriptively based on what it sounds like. It is the distance at which one would observe the full space between the sun and the earth (a.k.a., an Astronomical Unit - AU) would appear as one Arc Second (which is 1/1296000th of a circle or 1/3600 of a degree of arc) through a telescope. 1 parsec = 3.26 light years = 2x10^13 miles. It is a handy way to measure large distances. A nifty unit of measure that every UFO wannabe should have in his/her onomasticon.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Last edited by DevilHorse; 10-23-2020 at 09:07 AM.

Just a different perspective on the UFO question:
    https://www.space.com/exoplanets-tra...ction-possible

The article uses a term you don't hear too often, unless you watch reruns of "Lost In Space" or take Astronomy classes.. namely the 'parsec'.
    The parsec is descriptively based on what it sounds like. It is the distance at which one would observe the full space between the sun and the earth (a.k.a., an Astronomical Unit - AU) would appear as one Arc Second (which is 1/1296000th of a circle or 1/3600 of a degree of arc) through a telescope. 1 parsec = 3.26 light years = 2x10^13 miles. It is a handy way to measure large distances. A nifty unit of measure that every UFO wannabe should have in his/her onomasticon.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Or if you have to retcon the Kessel run