Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    I like the Roger Dooley tweet

So, they discovered a weird metal #monolith hidden in the middle of the desert? Maybe we should for 2020 to be over before we investigate further... https://cnn.com/style/article/utah-m...rnd/index.html #WhatCouldGoWrong

All I know is the proportions are all wrong. It's supposed to be 1:4:9.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    All I know is the proportions are all wrong. It's supposed to be 1:4:9.
    Sorry about that, Dave — er, Phredd.

I'm always blown away by how connected we all are in today's world. It looks like a Google sleuth found the monolith site and that it appeared in 2015-2016. Good call upthread about an artist probably being the creator.

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    I'm always blown away by how connected we all are in today's world. It looks like a Google sleuth found the monolith site and that it appeared in 2015-2016. Good call upthread about an artist probably being the creator.
    That’s pretty cool, thanks for sharing. Also a little sad. Not as much mystery in the world these days when someone on their computer can explore every nook and cranny of earth.

Still taking theories on how the darn thing got there and set up!

Utah monolith update: speculation it's an artistic installment from John McCracken (which would have made middle school me and friends laugh).

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Utah monolith update: speculation it's an artistic installment from John McCracken (which would have made middle school me and friends laugh).
    John McCain?

Man, he really does have the last laugh.

Apparently it was secretly removed sometime last night.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2020/11...heast-utah-blm
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Apparently it was secretly removed sometime last night.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2020/11...heast-utah-blm
    From the article:

Left in the monolith’s place was a stack of red rocks and a steel prism-shaped object.

But no picture of that?! Sounds like the investigation will continue since the installation was on public lands. Hard to believe that no one saw the person that removed the installation with all the tourists hiking and flying over the area. Whoever placed it there must have been able to navigate by night, which is no easy feat.

From the article:

Left in the monolith’s place was a stack of red rocks and a steel prism-shaped object.

But no picture of that?! Sounds like the investigation will continue since the installation was on public lands. Hard to believe that no one saw the person that removed the installation with all the tourists hiking and flying over the area. Whoever placed it there must have been able to navigate by night, which is no easy feat.
    UFOs are generally well lit so navigating at night shouldn't have been a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    UFOs are generally well lit so navigating at night shouldn't have been a problem.
    Given where it occurred, could have been Moroni playing a joke.

Given where it occurred, could have been Moroni playing a joke.
    Only if a gold trumpet was left behind.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Aliens see in the visible light spectrum? There must be more information that you aren't divulging.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Only if a gold trumpet was left behind.
    Indeed. And gold plates, which are very much in the same wheelhouse as steel monolith.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    That Yeti doesn’t look like it’s in Dallas.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Last weekend we went to Ripley's Aquarium in Myrtle Beach, and I bought our tix online, so now of course I'm on a mailing list. Today they emailed saying they are offering $10K for the whereabouts of the monolith.

As curators of the odd, unusual, and unknown, we’re on the hunt for the missing extraterrestrial artwork. Who placed this shining beacon in the Utah desert? Who took it away? Where is it now? Ripley’s is rewarding $10,000 to anyone who comes forward as the proud owner of the mysterious monolith or accurate information on where to find it.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Last weekend we went to Ripley's Aquarium in Myrtle Beach, and I bought our tix online, so now of course I'm on a mailing list. Today they emailed saying they are offering $10K for the whereabouts of the monolith.
    Runs out to garage, fires up fabricating machinery.

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    Runs out to garage, fires up fabricating machinery.
    Two words - 3D Printer.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Two words - 3D Printer.
    Counting.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."