Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Report is out

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...37d_story.html

"The U.S. government was unable to determine whether more than 140 unidentified flying objects, many of them reported by Navy aviators, were atmospheric events playing tricks on sensors or crafts piloted by foreign adversaries, or whether the objects were extraterrestrial in origin, according to a long-anticipated report released Friday by the nation’s top intelligence official."

PDF of report

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post

"The U.S. government was unable to determine whether more than 140 unidentified flying objects, many of them reported by Navy aviators, were atmospheric events playing tricks on sensors or crafts piloted by foreign adversaries, or whether the objects were extraterrestrial in origin, according to a long-anticipated report released Friday by the nation’s top intelligence official."
    So, the unidentified phenomena are classified as, uh, unidentified?

So, the unidentified phenomena are officially classified as, uh, unidentified?

- UAP are a flight safety issue and may be a security issue.
    - There was/is a social stigma issue on reporting.
    - They tend to hang around US military bases and craft.
    - They can be detected by our sensors in a majority of cases, even though we aren't searching for them.
    - It is confirmed that some of them are using RF to communicate.
    - The majority of reports from from USN.
    - The Task Force doesn't think they belong to USG, but can't 100% rule that out due to the compartmentalized nature of USG programs.
    - Observer error and misperception are probably at play with some reports. Don't immediately jump to wild conclusions.
    - There has been no reporting mechanism until very recently, due to the stigma. First the USN, now the Air Force has a reporting mechanism.
    - The Task Force wants to expand, and wants money. Maybe standardized UAP detection platforms for everybody involved.
    - Without funding and standard collection platforms, How can they even begin to investigate these events if they aren't even sure people are talking about the same thing?

The significance is that now, the USG is removing the social stigma of reporting UAP's.

This report sets a new framework for discourse. Military can now report UAP's without people immediately conflating the reports with "extraterrestrial" or "paranormal" activity, or the social stigma that comes with it (i.e. being labeled a quack, losing a security clearance and job, etc). There is now an established line of delineation, a credible way to report "Something flew really close to me that I've never seen before" without people whispering "Pilot XXX claims he was abducted by Aliens."

There's really not much else to discuss at the moment.

Except, it's not aliens. I will die on this hill.

Quote Originally Posted by jdk View Post
    - UAP are a flight safety issue and may be a security issue.

There's really not much else to discuss at the moment.

Except, it's not aliens. I will die on this hill.
    Well okay.

But can you really rule out that their parents were aliens, but they were born here and so are natural born Earthers?

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Well okay.

But can you really rule out that their parents were aliens, but they were born here and so are natural born Earthers?
    I think earth’s in(dig)enous mole people are evolving technologically.

I’m disappointed by the amount of discussion my technologically advanced mole people theory generated.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I’m disappointed by the amount of discussion my technologically advanced mole people theory generated.
    You are too smart for us. Your theory flew all the way over all our heads.

Then we need either Ward Cleaver, Underdog, or Superman to come and save the day. Let’s see how many of you get all three of those references. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Then we need either Ward Cleaver, Underdog, or Superman to come and save the day. Let’s see how many of you get all three of those references. LOL
    Mighty Mouse was the one to save the day.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    You are too smart for us. Your theory flew all the way over all our heads.
    Just like the technologically advanced mole people…

Just like the technologically advanced mole people…
    Mole people are usually boring.

Photographic proof:

underminers.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jdk View Post
    - The Task Force wants to expand, and wants money. Maybe standardized UAP detection platforms for everybody involved.
    - Without funding and standard collection platforms, How can they even begin to investigate these events if they aren't even sure people are talking about the same thing?
    Perhaps I'm a cynic, but I was wondering why the military was willing to submit a declassified report on this topic, and suddenly was willing. Could it be that they were motivated by the carrot of increasing the budget?

Nah, couldn't be that...

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Perhaps I'm a cynic, but I was wondering why the military was willing to submit a declassified report on this topic, and suddenly was willing. Could it be that they were motivated by the carrot of increasing the budget?

Nah, couldn't be that...
    Command performance by the Senate Intelligence Committee -- as of a year ago -- which led to the Pentagon and the NSC becoming more interested in public release of information.

June 23, 2020:
    The Senate Intelligence Committee has voted to require U.S. intelligence agencies and the Defense Department to compile a detailed public analysis of all data collected on "unidentified aerial phenomenon," including intrusions recorded by Navy pilots in recent years.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

On Sunday night (8/8/2021) at 9pm Eastern, Showtime is running a 4 week series on UFOs. Interesting write-up in our local TV sheet.

<no interviews with ETs though, so their budget may have been limited>

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    On Sunday night (8/8/2021) at 9pm Eastern, Showtime is running a 4 week series on UFOs. Interesting write-up in our local TV sheet.

<no interviews with ETs though, so their budget may have been limited>

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Space aliens are notorious prima donnas and just awful to work with on set.

might some kind of space wall keep them out?

I recorded last night's Showtime/JJ Abrams series about this, have no idea what aproach he's taking.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    might some kind of space wall keep them out?

I recorded last night's Showtime/JJ Abrams series about this, have no idea what aproach he's taking.
    I like the idea of a space wall. Could solve the global warming problem too. Although farmers might have a problem with the lack of sunshine for crops.
    Probably won't stop those aliens who can go back in time and then move forward to get around the wall problem (they are so clever).

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    I like the idea of a space wall. Could solve the global warming problem too. Although farmers might have a problem with the lack of sunshine for crops.
    Probably won't stop those aliens who can go back in time and then move forward to get around the wall problem (they are so clever).

Larry
    DevilHorse
    how about a transparent space wall so light can get in? A good idea, along with Ali G's that we should land on the sun in the Winter when it is cooler...