Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Sorry if this newbie level question has already been covered - I read several pages but not the entire thread.

Here goes - given the high frequency of these reported sightings, listed above as occasionally hundreds daily, plus their occasional very close proximity to us(including a UAP flying between two US jets only 400 feet apart!), and given the existence of cameras that from space can produce photos with the resolution to pick out individual people — then why are we still seeing almost exclusively fuzzy moving green dot videos or out of focus pics of vague shapes of the same quality as those of big foot and the Loch Ness monster? Doesn’t anyone on these jets have an iphone with them? How is it that out mighty military, after being concerned and having years to investigate this possible threat to out very existence, hasn’t been able to produce a single sharp picture of these aircraft? Stealth tech? Seems unlikely since it isn’t even advanced enough to avoid detection by either radar or the naked eye.

Nary a single good intrepid photographer in all of the Air Force and the CIA and the public? Doesn’t seem believable. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Sorry if this newbie level question has already been covered - I read several pages but not the entire thread.

Here goes - given the high frequency of these reported sightings, listed above as occasionally hundreds daily, plus their occasional very close proximity to us(including a UAP flying between two US jets only 400 feet apart!), and given the existence of cameras that from space can produce photos with the resolution to pick out individual people — then why are we still seeing almost exclusively fuzzy moving green dot videos or out of focus pics of vague shapes of the same quality as those of big foot and the Loch Ness monster? Doesn’t anyone on these jets have an iphone with them? How is it that out mighty military, after being concerned and having years to investigate this possible threat to out very existence, hasn’t been able to produce a single sharp picture of these aircraft? Stealth tech? Seems unlikely since it isn’t even advanced enough to avoid detection by either radar or the naked eye.

Nary a single good intrepid photographer in all of the Air Force and the CIA and the public? Doesn’t seem believable. Feel free to prove me wrong.
    One hypothesis: We are the cats and they have the laser pointer.

But seriously, now that I've thought of it I like it.

Romulan cloaking devices. Notoriously sketchy.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Romulan cloaking devices. Notoriously sketchy.

-jk
    And yet, not a singe UAP has decloaked/recloaked in mid-air. No sky portals opening. No teleportation. No warp drive. Nothing cool at all that defies the laws of physics.

I'm disappointed. This is the best that ET can do? Flying thousands of light years to mess with us and then suddenly they can only go a little bit faster and with a bit more maneuverability than our horribly aged jets?

Quote Originally Posted by jdk View Post
    And yet, not a singe UAP has decloaked/recloaked in mid-air. No sky portals opening. No teleportation. No warp drive. Nothing cool at all that defies the laws of physics.

I'm disappointed. This is the best that ET can do? Flying thousands of light years to mess with us and then suddenly they can only go a little bit faster and with a bit more maneuverability than our horribly aged jets?
    On the 60 minutes article the other day, the Navy pilot recalled that the UAP he was tracking 'seemed to disappear'. Then what appeared to be the same object appeared 60 miles away (no coincidence for 60 minutes).
    The details are recounted here:
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/navy-uf...es-2021-05-16/

Larry
    DevilHorse

A couple of thoughts that came to me reading the recent posts..

Wasn't there a scene in Close Encounters of the Third Kind when a guy says that no one had caught a car accident on tape/camera. Yet a few years later, with Go-Pro's and Red Light Cameras, we have thousands of these pictures/films/videos.
    Maybe the new breed of Tornado Chasers will be UFO Chasers. That will drive these UFOs crazy.

Just as a wacky hypothesis as to what our government could be doing relative to this, is the MANY classified military missions that are sent to space. These have included (just guessing) satellites from the time of the space shuttle up until recently when Space-X has sent military "missions" up to space. Could any of these space missions been carrying high resolution cameras that could watch a wide swath of earth, at a rapid enough shutter speed to see a fast moving object? Sure, why not. But (to borrow some of the logic from the revealing of the Taiyang Shen by the Chinese in the movie "The Martian") to admit that something was seen with these amazing physical (breaking the laws of physics) characteristics means we'd have to reveal that we have a high level of advance optics in space. It isn't obvious that the US Military is willing to reveal that just to satisfy inquiring minds.

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    On the 60 minutes article the other day, the Navy pilot recalled that the UAP he was tracking 'seemed to disappear'. Then what appeared to be the same object appeared 60 miles away (no coincidence for 60 minutes).
    The details are recounted here:
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/navy-uf...es-2021-05-16/

Larry
    DevilHorse
    The last paragraph probably sheds some insight into what our elected officials are thinking.

There's a technocratic superpower that literally tweets things like, "Do you believe [there are] UFOs, too?" whenever they reveal another military capability.

It wouldn't surprise me if the nation that has produced most of the world's tech for the past three decades has technologically leapfrogged everybody else.

If my assumptions are correct, there are going to be two groups of disappointed people: those who wanted aliens, and those who were taken by surprise when they found out we were technologically eclipsed, without even realizing it, some time ago.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Ahhhh...so all of this has nothing to do with aliens, but instead is meant to distract us from the stolen election!

There’s no doubt that this mainstream UFO disclosure push is offering a convenient distraction for the Deep State to turn our attention away from important issues like the Scamdemic and the election fraud getting exposed,” Jordan Sather, a UFO and QAnon conspiracy theorist, complained on social media network Telegram on May 19.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/qanon-cro...085213801.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.

I’ve got some possible answers for you:
    1. The government/military has better pictures and videos, they have not been declassified, released. This is known to be true (per Harry Reid, Luis Elizondo, others). Why? That is the question some in congress and many people would like to know. Obfuscation has mostly worked so far.

2. Per Christopher Mellon, the government and military are not using their advanced equipment to look for UFOs. This equipment is fine tuned to look for known threats due to the incredible size of data the analysts have to comb through. He has tried to change this and has been rebuffed.

3. I’m a photographer and it is difficult to take pictures of spontaneously moving objects and of anything at night. There have been numerous DBR posters who have seen UFOs, why didn’t they take pictures? Was the moment too big?

4. Some of the UFO are interdimensional craft and due to our limited capabilities, we are not seeing them as they truly are. They might not always, be fully in our dimension. See UAP theory below, touches on objects appearing blurry.

5. The public does have good pictures. Nobody believes them.

6. The UFOs don’t want clear pictures taken.

I recently found the UFO Panel website for people who are curious about UFOs and new to the investigation. The website has quotes, pictures, videos laid out in a very clean interface. The quotes section is very interesting and shows the breadth of the phenomenon. The Donald Keyhoe video at the top is an interview with Mike Wallace from 1958 and shows how long the Air Force has been lying to the public. Incredible and sad that Mr. Keyhoe died (1988) before being vindicated.

Here is a pretty cool one page informational on UAP origins that covers the possible explanations with references to further explore each of the possibilities. I’m leaning towards the ultraterrestrial explanation myself.

I also found a website where a scientist has put out a theory on how UAP move (Tic-Tac). Still making my way through this one but it is interesting to see some scientists understanding it is okay to study the phenomenon. This sounds like one of the theories that Christopher Mellon said the Pentagon was studying on how UAPs move.

OP in TheHill lays out why there’s been so much chatter about UFOs but doesn’t mention this thread.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...tlight-on-ufos

The last paragraph probably sheds some insight into what our elected officials are thinking.

There's a technocratic superpower that literally tweets things like, "Do you believe [there are] UFOs, too?" whenever they reveal another military capability.

It wouldn't surprise me if the nation that has produced most of the world's tech for the past three decades has technologically leapfrogged everybody else.

If my assumptions are correct, there are going to be two groups of disappointed people: those who wanted aliens, and those who were taken by surprise when they found out we were technologically eclipsed, without even realizing it, some time ago.
    We were technologically eclipsed by Japan back in the late 1970s, if not earlier. Anybody who believes we haven't been outpaced in the technology field is deluding him/herself.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

DNI Report

The DNI report is due out this month. The Post says it could be released as early as today: https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...a0d_story.html

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    We were technologically eclipsed by Japan back in the late 1970s, if not earlier. Anybody who believes we haven't been outpaced in the technology field is deluding him/herself.
    I believe you are referring to the economy which has had the SLOWEST growth rate of any during the past 20 years. What Japan accomplished by the 1970's is also open to question in that it was doing virtually nothing in aerospace and defense research. And in biotech Japan is a player but not a leader.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Anybody who believes we haven't been outpaced in the technology field is deluding him/herself.
    I will wait to see the report. But I do think this is another Sputnik moment for the US.

All you doubters out there are going to feel very silly when it turns out that the movie “Men In Black” was actually a documentary.

NYT on the Report

"American intelligence officials have found no evidence that aerial phenomena witnessed by Navy pilots in recent years are alien spacecraft, but they still cannot explain the unusual movements that have mystified scientists and the military, according to senior administration officials briefed on the findings of a highly anticipated government report.

The report determines that a vast majority of more than 120 incidents over the past two decades did not originate from any American military or other advanced U.S. government technology, the officials said. That determination would appear to eliminate the possibility that Navy pilots who reported seeing unexplained aircraft might have encountered programs the government meant to keep secret."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/03/u...&smid=sl-share

Similar article in the Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...445_story.html

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    "American intelligence officials have found no evidence that aerial phenomena witnessed by Navy pilots in recent years are alien spacecraft, but they still cannot explain the unusual movements that have mystified scientists and the military, according to senior administration officials briefed on the findings of a highly anticipated government report.

The report determines that a vast majority of more than 120 incidents over the past two decades did not originate from any American military or other advanced U.S. government technology, the officials said. That determination would appear to eliminate the possibility that Navy pilots who reported seeing unexplained aircraft might have encountered programs the government meant to keep secret."

Similar article in the Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...445_story.html
    Verdict: UNIDENTIFIED

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Verdict: UNIDENTIFIED
    So you’re telling me there’s a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post

Gosh, I read some of the comments of those articles.

Democracy dies in darkness, indeed.

Gosh, I read some of the comments of those articles.

Democracy dies in darkness, indeed.
    As someone who has lived in DC for many years, let me advise you never to read the comments to Post articles.