Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    As long as your angel’s not the centerfold, you’re in good shape.
    If she's not the centerfold, do you call her in the morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    If she's not the centerfold, do you call her in the morning?
    Does she have Bette Davis eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Does she have Bette Davis eyes?
    Ah, glory days. They'll pass you by.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Ah, glory days. They'll pass you by.
    Put me in, Coach!

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...e-ufo-incident

Interesting story! Definitely some weird and unexplained phenomena happening "out there". I have no clue whether these are "alien" crafts manned by intelligent creatures or robots but its hard to explain some of these reportings by what we know or think exists on the planet earth.
    The connection between UFOs and water is really interesting. Quite a few of the cases I posted involved UFOs being discovered over water. Commander Fravor, USS Nimitz case, came upon the tic tac UFO interacting with an object the size of a 737 under the water. Once his presence was observed by the tic tac UFO, the Unidentified Submerged Object, USO, disappeared. What was the UFO and the USO doing? Are the USOs exploring, harvesting resources, or going to and from underwater bases? So much of the water on this planet is unexplored who is to say that there haven't been aliens living there all along. Not ET but just another species.

Below is from a Popular Mechanics article on USOs;

According to Fravor, the eyewitness was a former pilot of the MH-53E Sea Dragon, the Navy version of the Marine Corps’ CH-53E Sea Stallion, based at Naval Station Roosevelt Roads, on the island of Puerto Rico. Twice while recovering spent practice munitions out of the water, the pilot spotted a weird underwater object.

In the first incident, the pilot saw a “dark mass” underwater as he and his team retrieved a flying practice drone. The pilot described the object as a “big” mass, “kinda circular,” and he was certain it wasn't a submarine. In the pilot’s second sighting, a practice torpedo that the pilot was sent to recover was “sucked down” into the depths of the ocean in the presence of a similar underwater object. The torpedo was never seen again.

Elsewhere in the interview, Fravor reveals that a 79-year-old woman contacted him after his sighting went public. The woman explained that her father, a naval officer, was at one time based at the naval station in San Francisco in the 1950s. When she was a child, her father showed her a telegram that stated unidentified objects had been sighted going in and out of the water at a now forgotten set of latitude and longitude coordinates. The woman’s father told her, “We get these all the time, and it’s always in the same area.”

In 1970, biologist Ivan Sanderson published the book Invisible Residents. Sanderson, a noted student of unusual phenomena, devoted the book to sightings of what were later called Unidentified Submerged Objects, or USOs. USOs are defined as unknown craft that are sighted in the water, sighted rising up out of the water, or diving into the water. Sanderson catalogued scores of reports of USOs:

On the 19th of April, 1957, crew members aboard the Kitsukawa Maru, a Japanese fishing boat, spotted two metallic silvery objects descending from the sky into the sea (original emphasis). The objects, estimated to be ten meters long, were without wings of any kind. As the hit the water, they created a violent turbulence. The exact location was reported as 31° 15’ N and 143° 30’ E.

Sanderson also reports an incident that reportedly took place off the coast of Puerto Rico in 1963 during an anti-submarine warfare exercise.

The maneuvers were conducted off Puerto Rico in the Atlantic some 500 miles southeast of the continental United States. All reports seem to agree that there were five “small” naval vessels concerned, but in more than one account the aircraft carrier Wasp is stated to have been the command ship…

A sonar operator on one of the small vessels, otherwise listed as a destroyer, reported to his bridge that one of the submarines had broken formation and gone off in what appeared to be pursuit of some unknown object. This operator did not, of course, know if this was a “plant”, since the maneuvers they were engaged in were exercises designed to train personnel in detection of enemy craft...However, this operator’s report was not all within the limits of any such simulation,. Trouble was that said subaqueous object was traveling at “over 150 knots”!

According to Sanderson, “no less than [13] craft,” including anti-submarine warfare patrol aircraft, tracked the high-speed, unknown object. Furthermore:

It is said that technicians kept track of this object for four days, and that it maneuvered round about, and to depths of 27,000 feet. USS Wasp was indeed an anti-submarine warfare carrier in 1963 and served in the Atlantic Fleet until decommissioning in 1972.

The National UFO Recording Center maintains a database of sightings reported to the NUFORC, both by email and hotline. There are many reports of UFO-type objects seen coming out of or going into the ocean.

Off the coast of Half Moon Bay, California, an eyewitness reported that in 2007 she observed three UFOs while aboard the cruise ship Dawn Princess (renamed in 2017 Pacific Explorer.)

“After about 5 minutes, three softly glowing objects came into view – three uniform, nearly spherical objects, evenly spaced in a line parallel to the ship’s hull and hovering just above the water surface… They appeared to stay in one place while the ship moved past them. They were hovering, but didn’t disturb the water below them. Just as they went out of my sight, the left one (toward the bow) splashed down into the water and disappeared."

One report logged in April 2019 states that an object resembling a “small white boat” flew up out of the water near Imperial Beach, California, “at about [500] feet.” The object promptly “flew south at a very high rate of speed.”
    Last edited by whereinthehellami; 12-04-2020 at 03:50 PM.

OMG - it's actually true (confirmed by former Israeli official)

https://www.jpost.com/omg/former-isr...t-ready-651405

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post

The 87-year-old former space security chief gave further descriptions about exactly what sort of agreements have been made between the aliens and the US, which ostensibly have been made because they wish to research and understand "the fabric of the universe." This cooperation includes a secret underground base on Mars, where there are American and alien representatives.
    Nice to know that the aliens like us Americans the best. Screw those Russian and Chinese guys.
    Anyone been wondering where your missing neighbor/co-worker has gone off to? Now you might know!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Shane Ryan says Trump may reveal the truth about UFOs. https://www.pastemagazine.com/politi...ampaign=201210

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Shane Ryan says Trump may reveal the truth about UFOs. https://www.pastemagazine.com/politi...ampaign=201210
    Nah. Trump will say "I'll let you know what I know very soon". Which of course is the death knell of ever hearing anything from him.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Nah. Trump will say "I'll let you know what I know very soon". Which of course is the death knell of ever hearing anything from him.
    Trump surprises everyone by actually showing up to Biden’s inauguration, whereupon he removes his mask and reveals himself to be a lizard person.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Trump surprises everyone by actually showing up to Biden’s inauguration, whereupon he removes his mask and reveals himself to be a lizard person.
    2020 the wildest year ever

2021... Hold my beer
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'm guessing that, if DT DOES know something about aliens visiting the earth, AND he was tempted to "spill the beans", he would demand a LOT of money from a network for that interview. Can you imagine the advertising and marketing for such an interview? Something along the lines of: "This will be the most startling and shocking revelation in the history of mankind. Watch our interview with Donald Trump on February 4 at 8:00 PM".

I'm guessing that, if DT DOES know something about aliens visiting the earth, AND he was tempted to "spill the beans", he would demand a LOT of money from a network for that interview. Can you imagine the advertising and marketing for such an interview? Something along the lines of: "This will be the most startling and shocking revelation in the history of mankind. Watch our interview with Donald Trump on February 4 at 8:00 PM".
    Giraldo Rivera and Al Capone say Hi.

Larry
    DevilHorse

Teaser: The aliens aren't green. They're orange!!

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post

I’m not sure what to make of Haim Eshed's claims but his credentials are interesting. Other notable individuals who have publicly stated that UFO evidence is being suppressed include Senator Barry Goldwater, British Admiral Lord Hill-Norton (former NATO head and chief of the British Defense Staff), Vice Admiral Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter (first CIA director), astronauts Gordon Cooper and Edgar Mitchell, and former Canadian Defense Minister Paul Hellyer. Don’t forget about the COMETA report, a French report that concluded that about 5% of the UFO cases they studied were utterly inexplicable and the best hypothesis to explain them was the extraterrestrial/ interdimensional hypothesis. The authors also accused the United States government of engaging in a massive cover-up of the evidence. The COMETA report was put together by high-ranking officials and military officers.

I doubt Trump knows anything. As past presidents have come to find out, to their surprise, that they don’t pass the ‘need to know requirement’, i.e. Carter. I’d like to know what George Bush knew, as he was head of the CIA before becoming president and supposedly made reference to knowing some things.

The Pastemagazine article mentions the Fermi Paradox, which asks the question, where are the aliens? How about right here. Stan Friedman used to say, with the preponderance of observable science confirming UFOs visiting earth with technology not of human origin, the onus is on the critics of the extraterrestrial/ interdimensional hypothesis to disprove the verified observations from experts that aliens have been here. Just because we can’t understand or explain something doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. As Fox Mulder used to say , “the truth is out there”. There is so much information out there for anyone with an open mind and an interest in what is arguably the greatest moment of humanity, the discovery of aliens on earth. With that said there is a lot of BS and garbage to wade thru to get to the legitimate information that is available. And I think that anyone who spends enough time investigating will come to the logical conclusion of the extraterrestrial/interdimensional hypothesis.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I would be disappointed if Trump is a lizard person as they are supposed to be the leaders of the galactic federation. Speaking of the galactic federation, I'm not sure these are the questions I would lead with in doing an interview with an alien but to each their own.

^ funny you mention the GHWBush thing as I knew someone quite well who had a bit of a conversation with him about this many years ago...nothing in depth at all, but acknowledging what you refer to...

Over the last week I watched two really compelling productions on UFOs, a Joe Rogan podcast (free on Spotify) with James Fox and Jacques Vallée, and a new documentary called The Phenomenon by James Fox. These are the kind of productions that skeptics need to see as they both involve scientists and loads of expert testimony.

The three-hour Joe Rogan podcast highlighted James Fox’s new documentary The Phenomenon and Jacques Vallée‘s unique life as a UFO investigator. Jacques Vallée’s life is incredibly interesting and relevant with regards to UFO, here is part of his Wiki bio:

Jacques Vallée (French: [vale]; born September 24, 1939) is a computer scientist, venture capitalist, author, ufologist and astronomer currently residing in San Francisco, California and Paris, France.

He completed his undergraduate degree in mathematics at the University of Paris in 1959 and received the equivalent of an M.S. in astrophysics from the University of Lille Nord de France in 1961.

In mainstream science, he began his professional life as an astronomer at the Paris Observatory. Vallée co-developed the first computerized map of Mars for NASA in 1963. He later worked on the network information center for the ARPANET, a precursor to the modern Internet, as a staff engineer of SRI International's Augmentation Research Center under Douglas Engelbart.

Vallée is also an important figure in the study of unidentified flying objects (UFOs), first noted for a defense of the scientific legitimacy of the extraterrestrial hypothesis and later for promoting the interdimensional hypothesis.

In 1963, Vallée relocated to Chicago, Illinois. He worked as a systems analyst at nearby Northwestern University while continuing to pursue non-institutional ufological research with his mentor, J. Allen Hynek, the chair of the University's astronomy department. Professionally, he conducted early artificial intelligence research and received a Ph.D. in industrial engineering and computer science from the institution in 1967.

As an alternative to the extraterrestrial visitation hypothesis, Vallée has suggested a multidimensional visitation hypothesis. This hypothesis represents an extension of the ETH where the alleged extraterrestrials could be potentially from anywhere. The entities could be multidimensional beyond space-time; thus they could coexist with humans, yet remain undetected.

Vallée served as the real-life model for Lacombe, the researcher portrayed by François Truffaut in Steven Spielberg’s Close Encounters of the Third Kind. He also attempted to interest Spielberg in an alternative explanation for the phenomenon. In an interview on Conspire.com, Vallée said, "I argued with him that the subject was even more interesting if it wasn't extraterrestrials. If it was real, physical, but not ET. So he said, 'You're probably right, but that's not what the public is expecting — this is Hollywood and I want to give people something that's close to what they expect.'"

In May 1955, Vallée first sighted an unidentified flying object over his Pontoise home. Six years later in 1961, while working on the staff of the French Space Committee, Vallée claims to have witnessed the destruction of the tracking tapes of an unknown object orbiting the earth. The particular object was a retrograde satellite – that is, a satellite orbiting the earth in the opposite direction to the earth's rotation. At the time he observed this, there were no rockets powerful enough to launch such a satellite, so the team was quite excited as they assumed that the Earth's gravity had captured a natural satellite (asteroid). He claims that an unnamed superior came and erased the tape. These events contributed to Vallée's lifelong interest in the UFO phenomenon. Vallée began to correspond with Aimé Michel (who would become a key mentor and research collaborator) in 1958.

The documentary The Phenomenon does a really good job of laying out the UFO phenomenon with radio, newspaper, video, and testimony in a nice timeline and easy to follow format. The documentary is narrated by Peter Coyote, the film includes Senator Harry Reid, President Clinton, President Ford, John Podesta, White House Chief of Staff for Clinton and advisor to Obama, Governor Bill Richardson, Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence, Christopher Mellon, NASA Astronauts, Governor Fife Symington, George Knapp, Dr. Garry Nolan, and Dr. Jacques Vallee.

It is really cool to see Senator Harry Reid, John Podesta, Luis Elizondo, Governor Fife Symington, and Christopher Mellon not only participate in the film but actively lobby for the film. I think that speaks volumes as to where the UFO phenomenon is now in relevance and acceptance.

There is mention that Air Force pilots have recently taken more pictures of UFOs including one of a black triangle coming out of the ocean. Chris Mellon and others are trying to get the government to release these pictures and other documents related to UFO research. Chris Mellon is responsible for getting the "Tic-Tac", "Gimbal", and "Go Fast" videos released.

Feynman

I happened to come across a film clip of Richard Feynman, in which he spends 1 minute discussing his views on the existence of Flying Saucers. I'm sure that many of you (if not all of you) are familiar with the great Richard Feynman. Truly one of the geniuses of our time. Who also is one of the great communicators and philosophers of our time.

I recall seeing several episodes of NOVA exclusively dedicated to interviews with him. He was just that interesting. Matthew Broderick played Feynman in the movie Infinity, which is the story of Feynman, during the Manhattan project (Patricia Arquette played his wife, long before accolades). And of course, Feynman played a pivotal role identifying, and demonstrating, the fatal flaw that downed the Challenger Disaster. Not to mention his seminal, Nobel Prize winning work in Quantum Electrodynamics (Feynman Diagrams for everybody).

The Feynman Lectures at Berkeley were given in the early '60s and were taped. The original books sell for 100s on ebay. He was already world famous, but chose to lecture undergraduate physics. The books and lectures are immense. Digest anything you can from this man. Unlike much of the work from DaVinci, Einstein, Newton, <put your favorite genius here>, there is a lot of tape of Feynman and we can enjoy and learn from the man in his own voice.

I offer this film clip, which I hope you watch all of, but pay particular attention to the discussion of Flying Saucers starting at 1:10.
    https://youtu.be/0KmimDq4cSU

Also mentioned is ESP (remember Duke ESP studies). Nothing that relates to the Rice diet though. But he does mention superconductivity, had a big connection to Duke. Fritz London, who was a Professor at Duke for many years, laid the theoretical ground-work for Superconductivity and Superfluidity. The London Lectures are still given at Duke each year. Mrs. London used to attend while I was at Duke, although she has long passed.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Last edited by DevilHorse; 12-29-2020 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    I happened to come across a film clip of Richard Feynman, in which he spends 1 minute discussing his views on the existence of Flying Saucers. I'm sure that many of you (if not all of you) are familiar with the great Richard Feynman. Truly one of the geniuses of our time. Who also is one of the great communicators and philosophers of our time.

I recall seeing several episodes of NOVA exclusively dedicated to interviews with him. He was just that interesting. Matthew Broderick played Feynman in the movie Infinity, which is the story of Feynman, during the Manhattan project (Patricia Arquette played his wife, long before accolades). And of course, Feynman played a pivotal role identifying, and demonstrating, the fatal flaw that downed the Challenger Disaster. Not to mention his seminal, Nobel Prize winning work in Quantum Electrodynamics (Feynman Diagrams for everybody).

The Feynman Lectures at Berkeley were given in the early '60s and were taped. The original books sell for 100s on ebay. He was already world famous, but chose to lecture undergraduate physics. The books and lectures are immense. Digest anything you can from this man. Unlike much of the work from DaVinci, Einstein, Newton, <put your favorite genius here>, there is a lot of tape of Feynman and we can enjoy and learn from the man in his own voice.

I offer this film clip, which I hope you watch all of, but pay particular attention to the discussion of Flying Saucers starting at 1:10.
    https://youtu.be/0KmimDq4cSU

Also mentioned is ESP (remember Duke ESP studies). Nothing that relates to the Rice diet though. But he does mention superconductivity, had a big connection to Duke. Fritz London, who was a Professor at Duke for many years, laid the theoretical ground-work for Superconductivity and Superfluidity. The London Lectures are still given at Duke each year. Mrs. London used to attend while I was at Duke, although she has long passed.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Who knew Feynman and Jim Sumner shared the same viewpoint on Flying Saucers? Made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    ...the best hypothesis to explain them was the ...interdimensional hypothesis.
    I believe this is the idea behind Neal Stephenson's "Anathem". (Not sure I can recommend the book: it's very long and takes forever for the plot to actually kick in, and in the meantime, you're scratching your head wondering why he's writing about a world so similar to ours where it seems he's just, unoriginally, changed a few names/words here and there...e.g., cellphones are called "jeejahs" in his world, etc.)