Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Last weekend we went to Ripley's Aquarium in Myrtle Beach, and I bought our tix online, so now of course I'm on a mailing list. Today they emailed saying they are offering $10K for the whereabouts of the monolith.
    Not relevant in any way shape or form, but we went to the Fort Fisher aquarium today.

Love aquariums!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Not relevant in any way shape or form, but we went to the Fort Fisher aquarium today.

Love aquariums!
    So long — and thanks for all the fish!

A couple of Meteors yesterday (one in Japan, another in Rochester) creating sonic booms. Is it Holloween or does this seem like a War of the Worlds scenario? Let's not get excited; just put things on (Tom) Cruise control..

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    A couple of Meteors yesterday (one in Japan, another in Rochester) creating sonic booms. Is it Holloween or does this seem like a War of the Worlds scenario? Let's not get excited; just put things on (Tom) Cruise control..

Larry
    DevilHorse
    This reminds me of the “War of the Worlds” 78 RPM album (currently called vinyl) from the late ‘70’s featuring the Moody Blues. I think it was narrated by Marlin Brando. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong on that. I still have it tucked away in my basement, along with my other old “vinyl”. I might even have to dig it out and see if my turntable still works.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    It's 2020. So why wouldn't there be an alien invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    This reminds me of the “War of the Worlds” 78 RPM album (currently called vinyl) from the late ‘70’s featuring the Moody Blues. I think it was narrated by Marlin Brando. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong on that. I still have it tucked away in my basement, along with my other old “vinyl”. I might even have to dig it out and see if my turntable still works.
    Are you thinking Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds?

(pretty sure 78s were out by then; it would have been an LP)

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    Yep. Should have said 33 1/3. I’ve been going through some of my dad’s 78’s lately, and it got stuck in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Yep. Should have said 33 1/3. I’ve been going through some of my dad’s 78’s lately, and it got stuck
    Tape a nickel to the stylus or tone arm -- works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    Personally, I was thinking of the Mercury Theater on the Air, but I'm quirky that way.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...e-ufo-incident

Interesting story! Definitely some weird and unexplained phenomena happening "out there". I have no clue whether these are "alien" crafts manned by intelligent creatures or robots but its hard to explain some of these reportings by what we know or think exists on the planet earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Personally, I was thinking of the Mercury Theater on the Air, but I'm quirky that way.
    "'what the hell is a radio picture?"

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    "'what the hell is a radio picture?"
    Radio Astronomy can be discussed is the "Astronomy Buffs" thread.

Larry
    DevilHorse

Radio Astronomy can be discussed is the "Astronomy Buffs" thread.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    I was actually thinking of an audience call line from The Rocky Horror Picture Show, at least as I remember it from many moons ago, related to the "RKO Radio Picture" tag line somewhere.

I was actually thinking of an audience call line from The Rocky Horror Picture Show, at least as I remember it from many moons ago, related to the "RKO Radio Picture" tag line somewhere.
    Ah. I read your response and couldn't make heads or tails of it. Sorry. I'm culturally deprived and have seen Rocky Horror exactly once, and understood (and remembered) only about 50% of the audience calls. That one must have been in the wrong half.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Ah. I read your response and couldn't make heads or tails of it. Sorry. I'm culturally deprived and have seen Rocky Horror exactly once, and understood (and remembered) only about 50% of the audience calls. That one must have been in the wrong half.
    It was a pretty obscure and dumb reference. You’re the better man for not knowing what I was talking about.

This is true for about 80% of my posts, btw. I’ll own it.

It was a pretty obscure and dumb reference. You’re the better man for not knowing what I was talking about.

This is true for about 80% of my posts, btw. I’ll own it.
    Video killed the Radio Star. Should I discuss a Radio Star in Astronomy too? I'm getting lost here...

Larry
    DevilHorse

Video killed the Radio Star. Should I discuss a Radio Star in Astronomy too? I'm getting lost here...

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Sorry but science blinds me.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Sorry but science blinds me.
    You should have done the safety dance. Or eaten a vegemite sandwich. I forget.

You should have done the safety dance. Or eaten a vegemite sandwich. I forget.
    Then I'd get my chicks for free.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Then I'd get my chicks for free.
    As long as your angel’s not the centerfold, you’re in good shape.