Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Three unidentified objects shot down by US fighter jets since Friday may turn out to be balloons connected to “benign” commercial or research efforts, a White House official said on Tuesday.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/objects-s...173122762.html

Balloon.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I mean, I think I hope it happens in my lifetime. Sometimes the world seems pretty predictable. Some ash pole always wants his name on Plymouth Rock or whatever and makes a big stink. He’s eventually put in the corner until the next bozo mucks things up.

I just, like aliens would really throw us all for a loop I think.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I just, like aliens would really throw us all for a loop I think.
    Or, aliens amongst us may explain a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The Men in Black theory. I like it!

They don't quite have the color balance right in their avatars. Sometimes tends to be a bit orange.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    NASA says it's not true.
    "One of NASA's key priorities is the search for life elsewhere in the universe, but so far, NASA has not found any credible evidence of extraterrestrial life and there is no evidence that UAPs are extraterrestrial," a NASA spokesperson told the newspaper.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/nasa-push...164752979.html

So that settles that!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    NASA says it's not true.

So that settles that!
    I believe we have technology that's so advanced the general public would be shocked.
    Ufos sure but they may be our ufos.
    We do a lot of fishing at night on the beach. We use astrological binoculars to look at the sky if we get bored .i/we usually my son sees them 1st.
    But we have seen craft that are insanely
    Fast and maneuverable in the night sky.
    Human or extra terrestrial or ai powered
    I don't know .but I have my doubts a human could absorb the G force of some of the maneuvers .then again technology.

If you look at the jet planes of late ww2 we pushed the limits of what humans could do.
    We overcame those limits I'm sure we could do the same now.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    NASA says it's not true.

So that settles that!
    Alien mind control!

Larry
    DevilHorse

Anyone Catch the UAP Hearings in the Senate Today?

There was a hearing on UAPs today (7/26/2023). It will be replayed tonight on CSPAN2 (Senate goings on).

Here's one person's brief recap:
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1684265272188731421

Larry
    DevilHorse

Maybe the case of Judith Richardson Haimes belongs in this thread. She's a psychic, credited with helping police solve numerous murders. She has resurfaced in the news due to the recent capture (and confession) of a murderer who killed an 8 year old girl in Pennsylvania in 1975. Haimes "confirmed" the child's death before police discovered her body. Here's a recent story: https://news.yahoo.com/famed-psychic...ycsrp_catchall

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Maybe the case of Judith Richardson Haimes belongs in this thread. She's a psychic, credited with helping police solve numerous murders. She has resurfaced in the news due to the recent capture (and confession) of a murderer who killed an 8 year old girl in Pennsylvania in 1975. Haimes "confirmed" the child's death before police discovered her body. Here's a recent story: https://news.yahoo.com/famed-psychic...ycsrp_catchall
    The only way that frauds like that are interesting is in teaching about statistics and degrees of freedom, and in how bad humans are at natively understanding them.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    The only way that frauds like that are interesting is in teaching about statistics and degrees of freedom, and in how bad humans are at natively understanding them.
    When Jean Dixon died, my first thought was “she should have seen that coming.”

When Jean Dixon died, my first thought was “she should have seen that coming.”
    Purportedly, she claimed she did. At 93, I'm not sure it mattered anymore.

Okay well fine. I know where this thread stands on the topic of "psychics".

Ghosts yup, check
    Little green men, yup, check, well probably, I mean it's a statistical certainly, not even a standard deviation worth of doubt
    Psychics, hell no.
    Psychopaths? well yeah, just look around.

Now back to driving, Little Rock by midnight hopefully

Oppnheimer associate Richard Feynman on Flying Saucers:
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1684552459409309696

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Okay well fine. I know where this thread stands on the topic of "psychics".

Ghosts yup, check
    Little green men, yup, check, well probably, I mean it's a statistical certainly, not even a standard deviation worth of doubt
    Psychics, hell no.
    Psychopaths? well yeah, just look around.

Now back to driving, Little Rock by midnight hopefully
    Hey, you're the one who brought it up. For what it's worth, I think that most of the comments regarding aliens that suggest there is any significant chance of interaction with them are not well-founded. I have no idea what you're talking about related to ghosts.

I think I can say pretty confidently that there is no evidence of aliens defrauding emotionally vulnerable human beings.

Hey, you're the one who brought it up. For what it's worth, I think that most of the comments regarding aliens that suggest there is any significant chance of interaction with them are not well-founded. I have no idea what you're talking about related to ghosts.

I think I can say pretty confidently that there is no evidence of aliens defrauding emotionally vulnerable human beings.

Quick check in: hey buddy, speak for yourself. My butt hurts.

For the record, there is no doubt in my mind about the existence of extrasensory perception.

Because in all human endeavors, it turns out that some people are better than others, it stands to reason that there must be people who are more in tune with these impressions. Therefore, there must be people who really are 'psychics.'

Having said that, I also think there are a lot of charlatans pretending to be psychic in order to prey upon desperate people. It is likely that the vast majority of people who claim to be psychic are not actually psychic.

That does not mean, however, that no such people exist.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    For the record, there is no doubt in my mind about the existence of extrasensory perception.

Because in all human endeavors, it turns out that some people are better than others, it stands to reason that there must be people who are more in tune with these impressions. Therefore, there must be people who really are 'psychics.'
    I must disagree rather strongly with your argument. If such people did exist, surely we could scientifically verify their brilliance, regardless of whether or not the verifiers could perceive the same things the so-called "phychics" can. We scientifically verify things that cannot be directly observed all the time. My wife does it nearly every day. We have verified many skills of other humans this way, too, such as synesthesia. Meanwhile, we can conclusively disprove certain claims that have obvious verification methods such as telekinesis, precognition, and telepathy.

The lack of any such evidence strongly suggests that extrasensory perception does not exist.