Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    It's hard to fathom but somebody in the NFC East is going to make the playoffs, hopefully at .500 at a minimum. But a 7-9 or 7-8-1 playoff team seems like a real possibility, maybe even a likelihood.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    It's hard to fathom but somebody in the NFC East is going to make the playoffs, hopefully at .500 at a minimum. But a 7-9 or 7-8-1 playoff team seems like a real possibility, maybe even a likelihood.
    Something that has happened 4 times (twice in the "modern" NFL):

1982: Browns (4-5), Lions (4-5)

2010: Seahawks (7-9)

2015: Panthers (7-8-1)

I had completely forgotten about the Panthers, even though it was the most recent one. Hard to believe the schedule was only 9 games 40 years ago.

From ESPN.com: The 80-yard run still was the longest quarterback run since 2015, when Marcus Mariota had an 87-yard scamper against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Jones reached a max speed of 21.23 mph, the fastest by a quarterback since 2018.

And the game ends on a DJ sack-fumble (although I wouldn't blame him for this loss).

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    And the game ends on a DJ sack-fumble (although I wouldn't blame him for this loss).
    His receiver let him down on a perfect throw. His defense let him down on that last drive. Just poor execution.

I had completely forgotten about the Panthers, even though it was the most recent one. Hard to believe the schedule was only 9 games 40 years ago.
    Pretty sure 1982 was a strike/lockout season, not that the regular schedule was 9 games.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    His receiver let him down on a perfect throw. His defense let him down on that last drive. Just poor execution.
    His other left foot let him down on his might gallop down the field...

...I kid. Tough loss.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    What a weird play. On slo-mo replay he looked like he was in genuine discomfort. Is he that badly conditioned or is he playing with an injury?
    That play by Jones falling down will be played not all week but forever.He will likely be remembered for this play for his entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    That play by Jones falling down will be played not all week but forever.He will likely be remembered for this play for his entire career.
    The Giants’ answer to the Mark Sanchez’ “butt fumble”?

At least they went on to get the TD. Engram's drop cost them the game, along with several idiotic penalties on the defense...you just can't do those sorts of things and win.

That was probably the best tackle by a Giants player all game.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    At least they went on to get the TD. Engram's drop cost them the game, along with several idiotic penalties on the defense...you just can't do those sorts of things and win.
    The first turnover (interception) was also courtesy of Engram not being able to catch a DJ pass as it bounced off his hands into the air, and into an Eagle defender's hands. No TDs this year for Engram in his 4th year who was supposed to be a Tight End/Wide Receiver hybrid. He has been a first round pick fumble (so far), either injured, non-productive, or destructive. But he runs nicely.

Larry
    DevilHorse

Acy, Acy! I forget how young you are. That was a strike year, and the year of the Redskins' first Super Bowl -- Riggins and Theisman.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

That's fine -- but Daniel Jones outran everyone in the Eagles' secondary. That's a step up from his game at Duke, where he outran everyone in the Tar Heels' defense -- multiple times. I expect his 40-yard dash time is not spectacular -- that depends on starts and the track guys excel -- but his "high-end" speed is truly impressive.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Unfortunately for Daniel he got tripped up by this year's Duke red zone curse. Amazing that he didn't fumble.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Here's what DJ said after the game - "I just ... I don't know," he said. "I tried to run faster than I was running and I got caught up."
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    From ESPN.com: The 80-yard run still was the longest quarterback run since 2015, when Marcus Mariota had an 87-yard scamper against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Jones reached a max speed of 21.23 mph, the fastest by a quarterback since 2018.
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    That's fine -- but Daniel Jones outran everyone in the Eagles' secondary. That's a step up from his game at Duke, where he outran everyone in the Tar Heels' defense -- multiple times. I expect his 40-yard dash time is not spectacular -- that depends on starts and the track guys excel -- but his "high-end" speed is truly impressive.
    Yeah, really on Daniel's speed. That fastest max speed by a QB in two years would include guys like Kyler Murray and Lamar Jackson.

If I were being chased by some of those guys, I'd run pretty fast too, but not THAT fast...two weeks in a row he's shown some incredible speed (a week ago he was the fifth or fastest player overall, running with the ball)...

Our Daniel Jones in some hot water after bar hopping, without social distance, but with Saquon Barkley and neither wearing masks?
    The NFL is unhappy.
    Last edited by weezie; 10-25-2020 at 09:13 AM.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Our Daniel Jones in some hot water after bar hopping, without social distance, but with Saquon Barkley and neither wearing masks?
    The NFL is unhappy.
    Well FWIW they weren't bar hopping, it was a private bar/event (closed to the public) although it is unclear who all was there (some Giants teammates and Jones' girlfriend, at least).