Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Dukies in the NFL - 2020

Late starting this one, and don't have a complete rundown of what players are rostered where, but Jamison Crowder with a nice 69 yard TD.

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1305222966876286976

Caught it at the line of scrimmage, ran though a crowd of defenders and broke loose for the long TD.

(Side note: is it possible to embed Twitter videos like we can with Youtube vids?)

Blue Devils in the NFL 2020

Jamison Crowder with a 69 yard TD reception. He has six receptions for 113 yards and a TD so far today.
    Bob Green

This game started out pretty ugly, but that was a beautiful ~40 yard TD pass by Jones to give the Giants the lead.

Great pass by Jones. Giants offensive line giving him time to throw.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Great pass by Jones. Giants offensive line giving him time to throw.
    Well, then follows it up with a pick on the next drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Well, then follows it up with a pick on the next drive.
    That was a great play by Watt.
    Bob Green

Daniel Jones having awful day today, and just lost his best offensive weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Daniel Jones having awful day today, and just lost his best offensive weapon.
    Had them right there at the end to win it though despite all of it.

Ouch... according to this article someone wagered $500,000 on Daniel Jones to throw over 244.5 yards passing this past weekend. Daniel didn't really come close in a pretty dismal performance by the Giants offense.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/28/giants...o-500000-bets/
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Ouch... according to this article someone wagered $500,000 on Daniel Jones to throw over 244.5 yards passing this past weekend. Daniel didn't really come close in a pretty dismal performance by the Giants offense.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/28/giants...o-500000-bets/
    What!? That is insane. And yes, it is not a banner year for our NFL Dukies this year between Jones' poor performance and Crowder's injury.

Jamison Crowder had an excellent game last night with 7 catches for 104 yards, including a long of 35 yards.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Jamison Crowder had an excellent game last night with 7 catches for 104 yards, including a long of 35 yards.
    Crowder might be the best skills-position former Duke player in the NFL since Jurgensen. He's missed two games this season but has 14 catches in the two games he's played. And that's after 78 catches last season. He's also averaging 15.6 yards per catch this season, which would be a career-high if he can sustain it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Crowder might be the best skills-position former Duke player in the NFL since Jurgensen. He's missed two games this season but has 14 catches in the two games he's played. And that's after 78 catches last season. He's also averaging 15.6 yards per catch this season, which would be a career-high if he can sustain it.
    One of our only bright spots this year. (Yes, I’m one of those “long-suffering” Jets fans. Mets/Jets. Years of misery.)

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    One of our only bright spots this year. (Yes, I’m one of those “long-suffering” Jets fans. Mets/Jets. Years of misery.)
    Are you also a Nets fan? Or is that piling on?

Come to think of it, being a Knicks fan isn't any better.

Are you also a Nets fan? Or is that piling on?

Come to think of it, being a Knicks fan isn't any better.
    Avoided that part of the rhyming team name thing. Always a Knicks fan, although I also liked the ABA Nets. (I’m a Queens boy, so the Mets and Jets made sense. Nets were from Long Island pre-NJ and now Brooklyn.)

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Avoided that part of the rhyming team name thing. Always a Knicks fan, although I also liked the ABA Nets. (I’m a Queens boy, so the Mets and Jets made sense. Nets were from Long Island pre-NJ and now Brooklyn.)
    The Nets started play as the New Jersey Americans, playing a mile away from my house in Teaneck, NJ (well, my parents' house, since I was seven.) After the first season, they moved to Long Island and became the Nets.

So it's been NJ-NY-NJ-NY for their home courts over the years.

Duke74, I think we talked about this years ago, but I was born in Kew Gardens Hospital and lived in Forest Hills until about the age of 2, when my folks bought a house in Great Neck. Been a Yankee fan since the age of <4. rooted for the Jets, Knicks and Rangers in the late 60's and early 70's when they were all good. My next door neighbor took me to several Jets games (Joe Willie Namath was their QB). I remember listening to the Willis Reed championship game with Marv Albert announcing. Yesssss! Fortunately today, I'm only a Yankee fan, and ain't it great! Beat the Rays! GTHredsux!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Duke74, I think we talked about this years ago, but I was born in Kew Gardens Hospital and lived in Forest Hills until about the age of 2, when my folks bought a house in Great Neck. Been a Yankee fan since the age of <4. rooted for the Jets, Knicks and Rangers in the late 60's and early 70's when they were all good. My next door neighbor took me to several Jets games (Joe Willie Namath was their QB). I remember listening to the Willis Reed championship game with Marv Albert announcing. Yesssss! Fortunately today, I'm only a Yankee fan, and ain't it great! Beat the Rays! GTHredsux!
    I think we did. As you see from my profile details, I am still in Forest Hills and have lived there most of my life, after having been raised in Rego Park.

Kew Gardens Hospital was torn down a number of years ago and is now an office building where the Queens district attorney’s office is. That’s where my son works (T’02).

Family was a Jets season ticket holder from the days they moved from the Polo Grounds as the Titans to Shea Stadium. Gave up the tickets when Leon Hess deserted his fan base. He’s probably sweating a lot where he is - along with Walter O’Malley and Horace Stoneham.

Was a Mets season ticket holder up until a year or so ago, at Shea and Citi. Fond memories of 1969 and 1986.

My first year at Duke was interesting, especially speaking to all of the Maryland students. The prior year, the Mets beat the Orioles, the Jets beat the Colts, and the Knicks beat the Bullets. A good year for the metro area.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    The Nets started play as the New Jersey Americans, playing a mile away from my house in Teaneck, NJ (well, my parents' house, since I was seven.) After the first season, they moved to Long Island and became the Nets.

So it's been NJ-NY-NJ-NY for their home courts over the years.
    Good point. Forgot the NJ origins.

I would put Steve Jones in the conversation as well, but I also would put Crowder at the top spot of that category. Cedric Jones #3, Dave Brown #4, I can't think of anyone else that qualifies (having more than a cup of coffee). I'm still mad that Ben Bennett did not get a decent look-see (for whatever reason), he was pro caliber in my book.

Here's hoping DJ moves up that list, if he ever gets an O-line and receiving corp to work with.