Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Well FWIW they weren't bar hopping, it was a private bar/event (closed to the public) although it is unclear who all was there (some Giants teammates and Jones' girlfriend, at least).
    Still an unforced error...which DJ didn’t need after his Sunday spectacular

Well FWIW they weren't bar hopping, it was a private bar/event (closed to the public) although it is unclear who all was there (some Giants teammates and Jones' girlfriend, at least).
    The NY Post’s take on it.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/24/dj-bar...pasteboard_app
    Last edited by Bob Green; 10-25-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Jamison Crowder is “Doubtful” for the Jets today.
    Bob Green

Yep, only saw it as screen ticker during the baseball game last night. Fox didn't give much info. Thanks for the clarification.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Yep, only saw it as screen ticker during the baseball game last night. Fox didn't give much info. Thanks for the clarification.
    It still might be a violation of the NFL's protocols, but it isn't nearly as egregious.

Article on the Giants-WTF game felt compelled to say that Bud Light was selling for $14 yesterday, which was good for social distancing.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Article on the Giants-WTF game felt compelled to say that Bud Light was selling for $14 yesterday, which was good for social distancing.
    Crowder with great TD catch. Jets crushing Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Crowder with great TD catch. Jets crushing Pats.
    We can’t even tank right. At least we have the 4th quarter to wrong the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Oh, the Jets are tanking just right. How about "too many men on the field" during a field goal attempt, giving the Pats a first down at the 10?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

How does running 4 offensive plays in the 4th quarter sound for scuttling the ship?
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    How does running 4 offensive plays in the 4th quarter sound for scuttling the ship?
    And then lose on a long field goal as time expires. Sheesh!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    And then lose on a long field goal as time expires. Sheesh!
    By a former Jet.

By a former Jet.
    When you're a Jet you're a Jet all the way, from your first cigarette to your last dying day.

When you’re a Jet (fan), every day feels like your last dying day.

Some not so positive Duke NFL news, Matt Skura has been benched in Baltimore.

Breon Borders

There is a very nice article in today's Nashville Tennessean, by the sports editor, on Breon Borders (http://www.tennessean.com/story/spor...fe/6361109002/ ... I suspect it is behind a paywall, but include it here on the off-chance you can get to it). He has been cut by 7 NFL teams in 3 years, signed onto the Titans practice squad this year, detoured temporarily to the Covid-19 list, then due to injuries and team housecleaning he has been in a starting role the last 3 weeks, evidently acquitting himself nicely. The article describes his family issues growing up and includes some quotes by Cutcliffe.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    There is a very nice article in today's Nashville Tennessean, by the sports editor, on Breon Borders (http://www.tennessean.com/story/spor...fe/6361109002/ ... I suspect it is behind a paywall, but include it here on the off-chance you can get to it). He has been cut by 7 NFL teams in 3 years, signed onto the Titans practice squad this year, detoured temporarily to the Covid-19 list, then due to injuries and team housecleaning he has been in a starting role the last 3 weeks, evidently acquitting himself nicely. The article describes his family issues growing up and includes some quotes by Cutcliffe.
    Oh my! You are seven years old in Statesville, NC and your whole family is carted off to prison for drug offenses.You are reared by a great aunt. From there to Duke to a carousel tour of the NFL and a key role with the Titans, a contender in the AFC South at 7-3.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    ... I suspect it is behind a paywall, but include it here on the off-chance you can get to it).
    I was able to read the article. Thanks for sharing.
    Bob Green

Amazing story and an incredible young man.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

A little more detail from five weeks ago in the NY Post:

Jones and Barkley, along with a few teammates and friends, went to dinner in Manhattan in a private room of a restaurant, according to a person familiar with the situation. After dinner, the group was invited by a bar owner known by the group to have a drink at a private bar, which is closed to the public. It was at that bar where the video, posted and shared to Instagram by someone who goes by the name of DJ Lugghead, was recorded. DJ Lugghead served as a driver for the Giants group that night.

The picture was captioned, “Rockin wit Danny dimes and Saquon.” The DJ also posted a video of Jones taking a sip of a drink handed to him by an unidentified woman and another that appeared to show a man resembling Barkley riding a bike in the street. Barkley is set to undergo surgery next week after tearing his ACL on Sept. 20. He has been strengthening his knee ever since in preparation for surgery.
    Maybe not a nothing burger, but at most a mini junior hamburger.
    Sage Grouse