Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    I've lived my entire life in DC, save for my 4 years in Durham and 1 year living in NoVa, so the WFT is my home team. Which used to be great - I grew up in their heyday, with the team winning super bowls when I was 6, 11, and 15, but it's been a free fall since those glory years. As my frustration with the Snyder-run operation has grown, and my general interest in the NFL diminished by player safety concerns, I would now say I'm more a fan of watching specific players (ie I enjoy watching Mahomes or Lamar), good games, and fantasy football. Maybe the WFT will get their S together and win me back over, but I think it would take Snyder selling which I don't see happening. At least I have the 2018 Caps and 2019 Nats...
    As a WFT fan, your post makes sense to me 100%. Pretty common for people to be fed up with Snyder (which I'm sure you living in DC know better than I). For many years I've seen people post online that they are done with WFT until Snyder is gone. I still follow them (mostly casually) but I would love it if we had an owner who's a net positive...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    This is the way I follow the NBA now. I haven't really followed a team for a long time.
    Same here. I follow players, mostly Duke players but a few exceptions (Steph Curry for example)

Life sentence with no hope of parole: Lions.

Even the cardboard cutouts were sad yesterday.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Cincinnati native, but have lived in Chicago for much of my adult life, and gravitated to the Bears a while ago. Would like to say that is partially a reflection on the years of ineptitude on the part of my hometown Bengals, though in reality, the Bears are not run much, if any, better. But they've become a habit that's hard to kick.

Also switched allegiance from Reds to Cubs, despite very fond memories of the Big Red Machine growing up. Cubs are also a tough habit to kick, especially after many an indulgent day game at Wrigley and the ending of a 108-year World Series drought, though the trend has been pretty negative since, and this year's squad can be especially painful to watch at times.

Latched onto the Bulls and Blackhawks by default, and experienced the highs and lows with both. Several retired Blackhawks live in my town, as did Fred Hoiberg and Joel Quenneville before they were relieved of head coaching duties.

Beyond traditional rivals for each of the above, will cop to lifetime hatred of the Cowboys, Dodgers and Celtics, though Tatum and crew are making the last one tougher all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    They should have walked out in disgust!

Hey, we'll always have the Michigan Panthers, remember?

Washington Redskins and I will forever call them the Skins. My wife is part Cherokee and thinks the name is not insulting. Been a fan since Eddie Lebaron days. Then along came Riggo, Monk, Taylor, The Hogs and of course our own Sonny Jurgensen. But I confess I don't follow them as much since Snyder bought the team. I more or less follow my fantasy football players.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    They should have walked out in disgust!
    They burned themselves in effigy.
    Wait a sec...

I think we could suit up the old Panthers roster and they would have a great chance of beating this clown team.
    Stafford is one of the highest paid players in the NFL but he's no leader. He's just punching a time clock now. Only a job.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Happy to see so many fellow fans of the Washington Football Team.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Life sentence with no hope of parole: Lions.

As a WFT fan, there are very few franchises that I feel bad for but I have to admit the Lions, Browns, and Jets have it worse. And to outright drop the game winning TD in the end zone is a rough way to start the season.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Washington Redskins and I will forever call them the Skins. My wife is part Cherokee and thinks the name is not insulting. Been a fan since Eddie Lebaron days. Then along came Riggo, Monk, Taylor, The Hogs and of course our own Sonny Jurgensen. But I confess I don't follow them as much since Snyder bought the team. I more or less follow my fantasy football players.
    I’ve referred to the WFT as the Deadskins since the early 2000s and that will their name till Snyder is gone. Don’t follow them closely anymore.

Not 100% ashamed to admit I’m a lifelong (and long suffering) Bucs fan. Grew up in Tampa. Went to the games in the Big Sombrero during the particularly woeful John McKay era. Happy we got our one super bowl but I was pissed that loud mouth Gruden did it with Tony Dungy’s team. I was pretty jacked up to see what the Tamala Bay Patriots might accomplish this year but Sunday was a bit of a wet blanket. We’ll see I guess.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block