Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by amusedcupcake View Post
    I wouldn't trade a used washing machine for Wentz.
    Stafford is a lot more talented than Wentz. Maybe I don't understand what your point is. Stafford has been held down for years by crappy surrounding players, crappy management, and crappy coaching.

Sam Darnold to Panthers

I guess I'll be seeing a new QB (Wilson, probably)

2021 6th round; 2022 2nd and 4th

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    I guess I'll be seeing a new QB (Wilson, probably)

2021 6th round; 2022 2nd and 4th
    No sir, you can't have Wilson. We have unfinished business.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Here's what we're getting.

In three seasons, Darnold went 13-25 as a starter, with 45 touchdown passes and 39 interceptions. He completed 59.8% of his passes and never finished above 26th in passer rating.

He finished as the NFL's lowest-rated passer in 2020 (72.7), 36th out of 36 qualifying quarterbacks. His career passer rating is 78.6, which ranks 39th out of 39 since 2018.
    Gee-whiz, Wally, that just has me all kinds of giddy.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

Still a better outcome than having traded for Deshawn Watson a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

We never surrounded him with any weapons or OL. A number of coaches, etc. I think he will show better with you.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    We’ll see if the Panthers rescued him before the Jets could totally destroy him. Or if three years was enough for them to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    We never surrounded him with any weapons or OL. A number of coaches, etc. I think he will show better with you.
    Agreed. He was set up to fail with the Jets. The Panthers situation is quite a bit better than anything he had with the Jets.

I hope for the sake of whoever the Jets take (Wilson?) that they learn from this experience and also sign a veteran QB so that the rookie isn't thrown into the deep end week 1 without adequate support.

I'm pretty OK with bringing in Darnold. Gase has a history of guys performing poorly under him and then blossoming when they go elsewhere. Darnold isn't Brady or Mahomes, but he might be capable of landing in that sort of next tier of solid but not elite QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I'm pretty OK with bringing in Darnold. Gase has a history of guys performing poorly under him and then blossoming when they go elsewhere. Darnold isn't Brady or Mahomes, but he might be capable of landing in that sort of next tier of solid but not elite QBs.
    I liked Sam. Wasn't given much support. Has his limitations, but could have improved. I was for trading down for multiple picks and staying with him, but that discussion is over. Douglas is staking his future here on Zach Wilson (as seems to be the consensus.)

rumor is they're still gonna move up to get a QB in the draft
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    rumor is they're still gonna move up to get a QB in the draft
    Whyyyyyy???

Whyyyyyy???
    Because Panthers.

Ok, I've thought about it, and after reading some of the comments from the team my suspicion is that the noise about possibly still taking a QB is an attempt to make a team behind them that wants a QB feel like they have to trade up.

Ok, I've thought about it, and after reading some of the comments from the team my suspicion is that the noise about possibly still taking a QB is an attempt to make a team behind them that wants a QB feel like they have to trade up.
    yeah, just a rumor mill....who know's all the games they play with regard to the draft...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Of those available I was hoping it would be Fields, Surtain, or Horn so feel like we nailed it this year. Hoping we take Trask in the 2nd if he’s still available.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

I was listening on XM radio yesterday to a run down on the draft heading into last nights round 2-3. They were discussing the best draft picks and the worst draft picks. Guess who was regarded as the worst pick. If you guessed the Panthers pick of Jaycee Horn, you got it right. They said he will be a bust as a cornerback in the NFL. The technique of grabbing a wide receiver will not work in the NFL. They called him a bully type of defender and after a couple of flags thrown his way, he'll then back off. Then he'll get beaten for a TD. The Panthers could have picked Patrick Surtain II with that pick who should be a true CB. Instead, Denver took him right after the Panthers passed him up. I have a friend who has season tickets to Panther games and he said he's going to sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I was listening on XM radio yesterday to a run down on the draft heading into last nights round 2-3. They were discussing the best draft picks and the worst draft picks. Guess who was regarded as the worst pick. If you guessed the Panthers pick of Jaycee Horn, you got it right. They said he will be a bust as a cornerback in the NFL. The technique of grabbing a wide receiver will not work in the NFL. They called him a bully type of defender and after a couple of flags thrown his way, he'll then back off. Then he'll get beaten for a TD. The Panthers could have picked Patrick Surtain II with that pick who should be a true CB. Instead, Denver took him right after the Panthers passed him up. I have a friend who has season tickets to Panther games and he said he's going to sell them.
    Interesting, everything I've heard is that he is a day one starter and clearly one of the top two DBs in the draft. I would be wary of the hot draft takes in the immediate aftermath. I was less excited about our later picks. I hope we have some good ideas of who/what we want with those extra picks, The OL we got is described a smore of a swing OL backup than a true tackle from what I've seen, and we needed a straight up starting LT.

Interesting, everything I've heard is that he is a day one starter and clearly one of the top two DBs in the draft. I would be wary of the hot draft takes in the immediate aftermath. I was less excited about our later picks. I hope we have some good ideas of who/what we want with those extra picks, The OL we got is described a smore of a swing OL backup than a true tackle from what I've seen, and we needed a straight up starting LT.
    Yes, I take what the so called experts say with a grain of salt. The father of Horn(former NFL player) had some unkind words because the announcers of the draft spent more time discussing Aaron Rodgers than they did of discussing his son.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Not 100% certain but it had to do with Horn already shutting down the best wrs in college on a consistent basis, his physical attributes were some of the best for a corner in a long time, he is also great at jamming wrs at the line and elite in man coverage. His main issues were tackling and how handsy he can be down the field which will all be flags in the NFL. Imo the first doesn't matter much for a corner and the 2nd is easily fixed with some practice.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking