Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

2020 Carolina Panthers

Excited to watch the start of the Rhule era this afternoon. Lots of my mixed feelings about his hiring, but I like it.

Also excited to see Teddy play. I don't think he's the answer long term, but if he stays healthy, CAR may not be as bad as we expect.

Keeeeeeeeeeep...

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Excited to watch the start of the Rhule era this afternoon. Lots of my mixed feelings about his hiring, but I like it.

Also excited to see Teddy play. I don't think he's the answer long term, but if he stays healthy, CAR may not be as bad as we expect.

Keeeeeeeeeeep...
    I am not excited about Teddy, talking heads have been hyping him since he came into the league despite very little production to back it up. I think he'll be serviceable, but I don't know that the QB situation is significantly better than it was last year. That said, I am excited about this season and blieve we'll start off with a win over the Las Vegas (blah) Raiders!

Had a tense conversation at work about the Panthers yesterday. I have a hard time seeing them as anything short of a dumpster fire this year, partly by design. I feel they are (understandably) wasting the prime Mccaffrey years with little to no help.

Would be happy to be wrong, but I can't see them winning five games this year.

McCaffrey may be the only reason I tune in.

I almost wish the Panthers would trade him and put the final nail in the NFL football coffin for me.

Between CTE, social justice issues, and billionaires asking for tax dollars to build unneeded stadiums, I’ve pretty much had my fill.

I think Teddy will do fine if O-line can protect him. Big if.

I hope the Panthers do well and will root for them.

And I never thought I'd say this. But go Patriots. I want to see Cam have a great year after the way he was kicked to the curb. And with Brady gone, they're just not quite as hate-able for me now.

Go Giants and go Chiefs too.

Ah...Panthers gonna Panther.
    #OverRhuled 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Ah...Panthers gonna Panther.
    #OverRhuled 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    That 4th down call was so bad.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    That 4th down call was so bad.
    That whole last series was so bad. You are making progress all game with a good mix of passing and McC running, so you decide to go three straight McC runs, UNTIL you only have a couple inches between you and a first down, so you give it some other running back.

And PS, Slye sucks. Next time he kicks a PAT, he should ask if he can do it from the 40; he'll have a better chance.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    That whole last series was so bad. You are making progress all game with a good mix of passing and McC running, so you decide to go three straight McC runs, UNTIL you only have a couple inches between you and a first down, so you give it some other running back.

And PS, Slye sucks. Next time he kicks a PAT, he should ask if he can do it from the 40; he'll have a better chance.
    And the offense scored enough points. The defense, especially vs the run, just has to be better or it's last year all over again

I stuck to my vow not to watch any pro sports. But I had to sneak in just to watch the Panthers lose on another bad play call. McCaffrey should have gotten the ball.

another s%#$show from the cats...

sigh....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

McCaffrey may be the only reason I tune in.

I almost wish the Panthers would trade him and put the final nail in the NFL football coffin for me.

Between CTE, social justice issues, and billionaires asking for tax dollars to build unneeded stadiums, I’ve pretty much had my fill.
    I find the emphasis on social justice issues to be an amazing development in a mercenary NFL with mercenary players. Positive.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I wonder if Ross Martin is still practicing in private??? LGD!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    another s%#$show from the cats...

sigh...
    I found the game quite enjoyable. Expectations are low this year and there were quite a few things to like. We were in the game at the end and had changed leads 7 times so it was at least entertaining which is why you watch sports to begin with right? I think we will surprise a few teams and squeak out a few wins here and there. The offense looked actually pretty good which was fun. Just need to keep improving and get some more pieces next off season and I think we can quickly become competitive but it's just a fact that expectations will have to be tempered this year.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

What a bone-headed late hit on a 3rd down stop there. Yeesh.

Watching the Panthers is a lot like watching Duke football.
    I’m not in any way suggesting that’s a good thing.

Trade McCaffrey now.

Trade McCaffrey now.
    Conceited Genius time. Maybe it will ease the pain.

Trade McCaffrey now.
    I don't understand people who want to trade McCaffrey. What are you expecting to get back?

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Conceited Genius time. Maybe it will ease the pain.
    I’m just glad that Teddy Bridgewater is obviously a MUCH better quarterback than Cam. 🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I don't understand people who want to trade McCaffrey. What are you expecting to get back?
    Not a thing. Just want a talented player to have an opportunity to be successful, and the Panthers are simply terrible.