Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Not a thing. Just want a talented player to have an opportunity to be successful, and the Panthers are simply terrible.
    We can't just send all the best players to the best teams, for seemingly obvious reasons.

Not a thing. Just want a talented player to have an opportunity to be successful, and the Panthers are simply terrible.
    Panthers are not the dumpster fire I imagined. They will win four to five games this season, I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Panthers are not the dumpster fire I imagined. They will win four to five games this season, I suspect.
    Beyond the 2 possible wins against the Falcons, who else is this Panthers team going to beat?

Beyond the 2 possible wins against the Falcons, who else is this Panthers team going to beat?
    The Daniel Snyder clusterf***.

McCaffrey reported out for “multiple weeks” with an ankle injury.

Anyone care to revise their opinion on Panthers’ win loss outlook?

I don't see it changing much tbh, rbs add less to a team than any other offensive position. I'm loving our play calling so far though and our usage of the wrs. I see how our offense could be deadly if we draft a nice qb.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Let's go 0-16!

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    I don't see it changing much tbh, rbs add less to a team than any other offensive position. I'm loving our play calling so far though and our usage of the wrs. I see how our offense could be deadly if we draft a nice qb.
    I couldn’t find a touches / percent of play stat from 2019. The best I could do is touchdowns.

McCaffrey was responsible for 19 of 38 TDs in 2019.

I won’t poke at the RBs aren’t relevant directly.
    Saying this Panthers team will be the same without McCaffrey is optimistic.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Yesterday was a bright spot in the weekend! (I was sure they were gonna blow it, they have a knack for doing that.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Hey hey hey! We looked like a team today from start to finish! 2-2 and I'm now not dreading this season.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Hey hey hey! We looked like a team today from start to finish! 2-2 and I'm now not dreading this season.
    I don't understand this team. 0-2 with CMC, 2-0 without him. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to have him back, but this does not make sense We could easily be 3-1 right now if not for the missed PAT and bad play calling at the end of week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I don't understand this team. 0-2 with CMC, 2-0 without him. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to have him back, but this does not make sense We could easily be 3-1 right now if not for the missed PAT and bad play calling at the end of week 1.
    I think without CMC the team is learning how to be a team and not be a one man wrecking crew. That's not McC's fault, and I'm looking forward to having him back, but Davis and Anderson are turning into quite the offensive duo, and Bridgewater has been very steady.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I think without CMC the team is learning how to be a team and not be a one man wrecking crew. That's not McC's fault, and I'm looking forward to having him back, but Davis and Anderson are turning into quite the offensive duo, and Bridgewater has been very steady.
    Yep, Davis was a great signing. I love having a "Davis" in the backfield again.

Teddy has indeed been steady. I was somewhat impressed by the defense today. That is the obvious week spot, but they were solid today.

I really, really hope we don't finish 7-9 and miss the playoffs/get mediocre draft positioning. With the way things are looking in the NFS South, I think we are still in play.

Chinn, Burns, and Brown have a bright future on this defense. And Brady did a phenomenal job calling plays today.

Don't look know but the Panthers just won their third straight to get to 3-2. Admittedly it was the Falcons but still. They are now tied for the best record in the NFC South. I knew going into this season they were better than people were giving them credit for. They aren't great but they are trending towards being a good team and improving. Honestly they are more entertaining to watch than they have been in a few years in my opinion. Oh and all three wins have come without McCaffrey who they should get back shortly.

That was a solid game. I was nervous that we'd find a way, again, to choke down the stretch against Atlanta. That endzone INT was huuuuge!

I am becoming impressed with Rhule's coaching.

Really impressed with the Panthers. Can't lie.

Stolen from the NFL thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Dubious play call on 4th down by the Panthers as well. Aggressive, but when you just need 2 yards to keep the drive going...
    Exactly! I asked the same thing outloud. Not that the play that was run wasn't a good one, but it's not a good one for THAT scenario. Hand it to Davis, get your 3-4 yard 1st down, and THEN run the play that lost the game. Grrrrr.

I missed everything but the 4th quarter due to travel, but I felt we had a chance all the way up until that sad ending.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    The Daniel Snyder clusterf***.
    Oh, did they decide on this name, then? I hadn't heard. ...
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Rumors swirling that the Panthers are offering 3 first round picks plus CMC for Deshaun Watson. National and local media seem to be taking the "yeah that is totally worth it" position, but it seems insane to me. I don't mind giving up CMC necessarily, but giving up 3 first round picks kind of kills our ability to put pieces around Watson, and it isn't like the Panthers are just a QB away from Superbowl contention.