Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    The NFL is punishing the Broncos for not following protocol.
    I get that, but they are really punishing the Bucs by giving the Saints an easy W. I guess what I’m looking for is consistency - try to protect the games by shifting the schedule (as has been the procedure to date) and punish for COVID protocol violations with fines and loss of draft picks (as has also been the procedure to date).

Steelers getting slammed for a sloppy win yesterday. Seems like only the Bills and Colts are the biggest obstacles to 16-0. The road goes through Kansas City.
    "Quality is not an option!"

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Steelers getting slammed for a sloppy win yesterday. Seems like only the Bills and Colts are the biggest obstacles to 16-0. The road goes through Kansas City.
    I got frostbite watching that game on my couch.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    Jets come through for me again!
    I can't believe that Jets defensive coordinator Greg Williams actually walked into the locker room after that game. He probably should have just walked out the stadium and over to the local unemployment office.

An all-out blitz with 10 seconds left on the clock, leaving your CBs one-on-one with no help at all from any safeties or additional corners, when you are leading by 4 points is one of the most mind-boggling defensive calls in NFL history... and I am not being hyperbolic to say that. Read this: https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...st-season-ever

It was uniquely reckless. According to ESPN Stats & Information data, which goes back to 2006, it was the first time a team sent six or more rushers in the final 15 seconds of regulation when leading by four-to-eight points and being more than 40 yards from the end zone.

The situation called for a soft zone -- a prevent defense, if you will. The Raiders had no timeouts left. If Carr had completed a pass in the middle of the field, there's a good chance time would have expired. He had to throw to the end zone or find a quick completion that went out of bounds to stop the clock.

This was a time to be conservative, but Williams scoffed at that idea and dialed up an eight-man rush. Thus, the Jets became the first team this season to use an eight-man rush in the final 30 seconds of a game, per NFL Next Gen Stats.
    I'll repeat that-- since 2006, no team had ever thrown even 6 pass rushers out there in this same situation... the Jets came with an 8-man rush. Utterly mind-boggling.

-Jason "I think it may have been intentional... the Jets want the #1 pick so they tossed out about the only D that could give them a solid chance of losing what was a won ballgame" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I can't believe that Jets defensive coordinator Greg Williams actually walked into the locker room after that game. He probably should have just walked out the stadium and over to the local unemployment office.

An all-out blitz with 10 seconds left on the clock, leaving your CBs one-on-one with no help at all from any safeties or additional corners, when you are leading by 4 points is one of the most mind-boggling defensive calls in NFL history... and I am not being hyperbolic to say that. Read this: https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...st-season-ever

I'll repeat that-- since 2006, no team had ever thrown even 6 pass rushers out there in this same situation... the Jets came with an 8-man rush. Utterly mind-boggling.

-Jason "I think it may have been intentional... the Jets want the #1 pick so they tossed out about the only D that could give them a solid chance of losing what was a won ballgame" Evans
    The Jets defensive team captain is just ripping Greg Williams for the blitz call: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...s-stay-winless

"I just felt like we could've been in a better call in that situation," Maye said.

Maye doubled down on that opinion. Actually, he went way beyond that. During his four-minute, 30-second interview with reporters, he made eight references to how the defense should've been given a "better call" on third-and-10 with 13 seconds left when the play started.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Add to it that the CB was a seldom-used rookie. In the post-game interviews, he manned up and said the right things. Maye, D captain, however, blasted the call (as noted in the post above).

Trevor, we're waiting for you!

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Add to it that the CB was a seldom-used rookie. In the post-game interviews, he manned up and said the right things. Maye, D captain, however, blasted the call (as noted in the post above).
    Add to it that the receiver he was assigned to cover one-on-one is probably the fastest man in the entire NFL.

Williams and Gase both should've been fired within an hour of the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Add to it that the receiver he was assigned to cover one-on-one is probably the fastest man in the entire NFL.

Williams and Gase both should've been fired within an hour of the end of the game.
    Minor tweak (I agree with you) - Gase should have been fired weeks ago. But...the team is still playing hard for him. Douglas (GM) has avoided criticism, but the team doesn't have the talent. Add injuries to Sam's weaponry and it has been unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post

Trevor, we're waiting for you!
    Is Trevor Lawrence going to be a better NFL QB than Justin Fields? I don’t think so. If the draft were today I would take Fields.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post

Williams has already been fired. Took a bit longer than an hour, but not much.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

maybe it's already been mentioned, but did anyone else see Kornacki at the "playoff odds" board after the Giants win? That was pretty funny...his lucky pants are hanging in there it would seem...

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Is Trevor Lawrence going to be a better NFL QB than Justin Fields? I don’t think so. If the draft were today I would take Fields.
    All I've heard about here is Trevor. I am not knowledgeable enough to have a choice. Was just echoing the press.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Williams has already been fired. Took a bit longer than an hour, but not much.
    I can’t believe how he keeps getting hired in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    I can’t believe how he keeps getting hired in the first place
    Well, let's step back a moment and ask how Adam Gase keeps getting hired.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Yes, Trevor Lawrence is going to be a better NFL QB than Justin Fields. He also a better college QB than Justin Fields. Doesn't matter what day the draft is held, you pick Trevor.

So is this Pittsburgh Baltimore game not being televised nationally?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    So is this Pittsburgh Baltimore game not being televised nationally?
    If you mean Pittsburgh-Washington, they appear to be running it delayed on the NFL Network starting at 8:30 ET (Pitt-Baltimore was last Wednesday).
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    If you mean Pittsburgh-Washington, they appear to be running it delayed on the NFL Network starting at 8:30 ET (Pitt-Baltimore was last Wednesday).
    That is exactly what I meant, and I found it on Fox after all. Just wasn't updated on the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    That is exactly what I meant, and I found it on Fox after all. Just wasn't updated on the guide.
    Where did you find it on Fox? Maybe it's regional?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Where did you find it on Fox? Maybe it's regional?
    It’s regional. It was originally scheduled as a regional Sunday 1pm game, and apparently the NFL has contractual minimums with Direct TV for their Sunday ticket package so they couldn't take another game away from them and show it nationally.