Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Season

Also maybe the ugliest game I've seen in a long time in terms of constant bone-beaded penalties by both teams.

Busy week coming up. Won't be here too much but wanted to get started on my list of things to do:

1) Apologize to every NFL fan in the USA for the Pathetic Lions being crammed into your Thanksgiving Day.

And that should do it. Everything else will be easy.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Busy week coming up. Won't be here too much but wanted to get started on my list of things to do:

1) Apologize to every NFL fan in the USA for the Pathetic Lions being crammed into your Thanksgiving Day.

Apology accepted.

Not so fast! I just got my hair shirt back from the dry cleaners and I intend to mope and cringe for a while.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

But do you have any inside information on whether De'Andre Swift will play on Thanksgiving Day? I really need him for my fantasy football team.

The fork has been stuck in Patty Melt's hide. He's done in Detroit.
    And, blessedly, so is GM Quinn.
    I hope that doorknob found the mark.

The fork has been stuck in Patty Melt's hide. He's done in Detroit.
    And, blessedly, so is GM Quinn.
    I hope that doorknob found the mark.
    Did they attempt to disembowel the Tiger's "management" at the same time, and if not why not?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Did they attempt to disembowel the Tiger's "management" at the same time, and if not why not?
    Doesn't GM stand for General Manager? Looks like they at least got a start at disemboweling the management....

Unusual situation out in Denver (though not surprising in 2020). All 3 QBs came into COVID-19 contact and may sit out so they have to dig a bit deeper. Deeper is a Durham local.

Excerpt:
    With Denver’s entire QBs room ineligible due to COVID-19 contact tracing, the team will likely use Kendall Hinton, a former quarterback at Wake Forest and Southern Durham (N.C.) High School whom the Broncos signed to their practice squad earlier this month.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kendall...022816268.html

I am always bummed not to get a Saints game on local broadcast, but especially this week, when I agree with bundaberger that it will be fascinating to see what the Broncos do. Apparently they also sought the league's permission to play an assistant coach, which was denied--the NFL does not want teams stashing players in the coaching ranks; the NFL also denied a request to postpone the game until Tuesday, which would have made some of their QBs potentially available but would have been a real short-week negative for the Saints.

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/11/2...-social-media/
    Last edited by AustinDevil; 11-29-2020 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Overlooked bundabergdevil's post

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Unusual situation out in Denver (though not surprising in 2020). All 3 QBs came into COVID-19 contact and may sit out so they have to dig a bit deeper. Deeper is a Durham local.

Excerpt:
    With Denver’s entire QBs room ineligible due to COVID-19 contact tracing, the team will likely use Kendall Hinton, a former quarterback at Wake Forest and Southern Durham (N.C.) High School whom the Broncos signed to their practice squad earlier this month.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kendall...022816268.html
    He’s 0-7 with 1 pick. So, not going well.

He’s 0-7 with 1 pick. So, not going well.
    He’s now 1-9 with 2 picks. Not getting better.

He’s now 1-9 with 2 picks. Not getting better.
    The Denver Broncos completed exactly 1 pass the entire game.

I really don’t understand why some games get moved to later in the week (like Pitt-Bal moving to Tuesday), some get moved out weeks, but yet Denver was forced to play without a QB? Really unfair to the teams chasing the Saints to basically give them a W. It feels like the NFL needs to face reality and if they want a chance of making it to the super bowl they are likely going to have to add a week or two to the end of the season before the playoffs.

The Denver Broncos completed exactly 1 pass the entire game.

Throwback to the Tebow era

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Harsh. Even Tebow was quite a bit better than that.

I really don’t understand why some games get moved to later in the week (like Pitt-Bal moving to Tuesday), some get moved out weeks, but yet Denver was forced to play without a QB? Really unfair to the teams chasing the Saints to basically give them a W. It feels like the NFL needs to face reality and if they want a chance of making it to the super bowl they are likely going to have to add a week or two to the end of the season before the playoffs.
    The ACC, doing the NFL one better, is changing the match-ups, not just the game date. Now Duke plays #9 Miami, not 2-6 Florida State.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Harsh. Even Tebow was quite a bit better than that.
    You forget this 2 for 8 performance (but to be fair one of the 2 was a 56 yard game winner)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=311113012

The NFL is punishing the Broncos for not following protocol.

These two words don't belong in the same sentence together!