Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Look, as any official will tell you, the fans and TV show up to watch these sporting events because we all want to see the refs at work. They are the primary driver of the story and the reason sports are popular. Again, every ref knows this. Once you recognize that they are the thing that matters in sports, then you will understand these rulings.
    I know you are clearly joking, but I certainly don't fault the refs for having a zero tolerance policy in this regard. We saw a top tier player in Wimbledon get tossed for an errant ball fired towards a judge. Refs in the NFL are surrounded by two dozen jacked dudes, full of vim and vigor. I'd protect myself too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I know you are clearly joking, but I certainly don't fault the refs for having a zero tolerance policy in this regard. We saw a top tier player in Wimbledon get tossed for an errant ball fired towards a judge. Refs in the NFL are surrounded by two dozen jacked dudes, full of vim and vigor. I'd protect myself too.
    Did you see the play? Skip to 1:00 in.

Edit: apparently the NFL doesn't want videos embedded? Here is the link (link will start the video at 59 seconds in to see what happend): https://youtu.be/bUM563rQv0E?t=59

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Did you see the play? Skip to 1:00 in.

Edit: apparently the NFL doesn't want videos embedded? Here is the link (link will start the video at 59 seconds in to see what happend): https://youtu.be/bUM563rQv0E?t=59

I'm just saying. I wouldn't leave any margin for error if it were me out there.

Intelligent people can certainly disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'm just saying. I wouldn't leave any margin for error if it were me out there.

Intelligent people can certainly disagree.
    I think if you're going to call it like that then "no contact" has to go both ways. There wasn't any reason those two refs needed to be crawling over him like that (and the ref Robinson actually touched certainly didn't need to be pushing his hand into Robinson's face, which is what prompted Robinson to push his hand away).

In other words, if you're going to call it that strictly then you need to reprimand the officials for inappropriate contact with players as well. I'll be patiently waiting for any word that this official was reprimanded, or even told that he acted inappropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Look, as any official will tell you, the fans and TV show up to watch these sporting events because we all want to see the refs at work. They are the primary driver of the story and the reason sports are popular. Again, every ref knows this. Once you recognize that they are the thing that matters in sports, then you will understand these rulings.
    Is that you, Teddy V?

I think if you're going to call it like that then "no contact" has to go both ways. There wasn't any reason those two refs needed to be crawling over him like that (and the ref Robinson actually touched certainly didn't need to be pushing his hand into Robinson's face, which is what prompted Robinson to push his hand away).

In other words, if you're going to call it that strictly then you need to reprimand the officials for inappropriate contact with players as well. I'll be patiently waiting for any word that this official was reprimanded, or even told that he acted inappropriately.
    This. That whole situation was ridiculous, IMO. I don't think the player knew whose hand was in his way, he just wanted it out of the way. The ref had no business putting his hand where he put it.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

So many great 1:00 games today and the Triangle gets the WFT vs the Browns

Looks like the Falcons are pretending to build a durable lead again.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Looks like the Falcons are pretending to build a durable lead again.
    Pretending is right.

Pretending is right.
    With reputations, nothing is given. Everything is earned! 😂

Five turnovers for the WFT, trying its best to do a Duke football team impression, obviously with a similar outcome. Sigh.

In the history of the NFL no team has ever blown a 15+ point lead in the 4th quarter twice in a season.

Never, not once.

The Falcons have now done it in consecutive weeks.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

They are just getting better at 'Falconing.' Practice makes perfect.

Nice work Lions. Right on schedule, get a weird single win that ruins the draft pick.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    They are just getting better at 'Falconing.' Practice makes perfect.
    Makes one wonder just how many stupid falcon decisions the coach can make before he gets the falcon boot...

So many great 1:00 games today and the Triangle gets the WFT vs the Browns
    As a WFT fan, I was very happy to watch my team. Sadly, they turned the ball over 5 times and lost but it was fun to watch anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    As a WFT fan, I was very happy to watch my team. Sadly, they turned the ball over 5 times and lost but it was fun to watch anyway.
    Color me not impressed with Haskins. I wonder if Smith can play this season.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Could have been worse...it could have been 7 times.

Could have been worse...it could have been 7 times.
    Too soon.

Those are my two teams. 12 turnovers in two freaking days!

The only silver lining is that it is unlikely to get worse. At least as far as the number of turnovers is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Color me not impressed with Haskins. I wonder if Smith can play this season.
    I saw the Eagles game in week 1 but I didn't get to watch the week 2 game. Online lots of people throwing Haskins under the bus (a few apologists blaming the o-line, valid concern). So when I was watching the game yesterday I was paying very close attention to Haskins (and the o-line). I have to admit, I wasn't impressed at all. He was able to make short, in rhythm throws with accuracy. Others throws were a disaster (inconsistent) and, as pointed out by the announcers, he was staring down his targets. In addition, he's not quick, so using RPO to keep the defense off balance won't really be an option. Hate to give up on a guy after a handful of starts but I have concerns.