Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Season

2020 NFL Season

Didn’t see this thread, just the gamblers and fantasy thread.

Weird seeing the near empty season but nice to have football back.

Was not expecting so many fans in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Was not expecting so many fans in attendance.
    I think they said most of the other games would not but didn’t catch why this one has fans. Maybe the outside versus domes?

Mahomes. That didn’t take long.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I think they said most of the other games would not but didn’t catch why this one has fans. Maybe the outside versus domes?
    Outdoors vs. Indoors, each state has different rules, each team has different rules as well. I don't know exactly what KC's rules are as far as how close together they will seat groups, how groups are formed, etc.

It is nice to have football back. I hope everyone stays healthy and it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Outdoors vs. Indoors, each state has different rules, each team has different rules as well. I don't know exactly what KC's rules are as far as how close together they will seat groups, how groups are formed, etc.

It is nice to have football back. I hope everyone stays healthy and it lasts.
    I believe they are using 20% capacity. Earlier today I saw that you could still get tickets. I opted not to get them although the drive to the stadium and home would be reminiscent of games in the 1980s.

Small crowd but still making decent noise.

Question - do I try to risk going someplace to watch the Steelers somewhere? Maybe load up a cooler some batteries, and drive to a parking lot somewhere and do my own tailgate...
    "Quality is not an option!"

All I could think watching the game was that we should enjoy it while it lasts, because I don't think it is goong to last. I hope I'm wrong.

I have a friend who is a Falcons fan who says this week versus Seattle is a "must win" for the Falcons. How can any game be a must win in week one?

I have another friend who said, "by 3pm today, Arthur Blank is going to be saying, 'why did I keep this guy?'" about Dan Quinn. Sigh... I just can't understand how a guy who was supposedly a defensive genius as Seattle DC can have consistently among the worst Ds in the NFL as a head coach.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I have a friend who is a Falcons fan who says this week versus Seattle is a "must win" for the Falcons. How can any game be a must win in week one?

I have another friend who said, "by 3pm today, Arthur Blank is going to be saying, 'why did I keep this guy?'" about Dan Quinn. Sigh... I just can't understand how a guy who was supposedly a defensive genius as Seattle DC can have consistently among the worst Ds in the NFL as a head coach.

Every worry, complaint, and gripe in the 2020 NFL season should start with, "Look, I'm not a Washington Football Team fan so I have no right to complain but..."

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Well, this is going to be a tough division so winning out of division games will be important. I'm also pretty sure there is a stat that teams who lose their first game are significantly less likely to make the playoffs than teams that win their first game, although I can't find the stat at the moment.

FedEx Field looking about normal.

Watching the Jets-Bills game and I do appreciate the ambient noise - it does improve the experience.

My belief that Cam was totally washed and would flame out in New England is not aging well.

Bill Belichick in a Subway commercial is, eh, off brand to say the least.

I guess season's change...

I wasn't liking the fake crowd noise in NE.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I wasn't liking the fake crowd noise in NE.
    Well, it couldn't have been inflated.

“Matt Ryan throws for 450 yards, Failcons lose anyway” is very on-brand.

Can we talk about how ugly the Fox scoreboard is?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    “Matt Ryan throws for 450 yards, Failcons lose anyway” is very on-brand.
    Wilson was 30-34, 4 TDs no INTs

Just sayin