Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    No league can maim its top stars like the NFL can...
    Not just it's top stars but guys like Dak Prescott as well!

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Wow that was quick.

Speaking of the Cowboys, my Doomsday Scenario has Dallas playing New England in the Super Bowl. That might be a Netflix night for me. Assuming a meteor doesn't hit the stadium. That would be cool.
    If there's going to be a meteor strike on the stadium those two NFL teams are playing in, can we please include the Uncheats.

GoDuke.

Fantastic Monday night game. Overtime thriller.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Fantastic Monday night game. Overtime thriller.
    I like the Saints but wow do I feel bad to for the Charger's kicker today. Tough job some days.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I like the Saints but wow do I feel bad to for the Charger's kicker today. Tough job some days.
    Agreed. A high-stress job. Make a boo-boo or three and there are a half-dozen guys showing up the next week trying out for your job.

Why on Earth would Washington go for 2 there? Very Ron Rivera.

Dubious play call on 4th down by the Panthers as well. Aggressive, but when you just need 2 yards to keep the drive going...

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Why on Earth would Washington go for 2 there? Very Ron Rivera.
    Makes no sense. I think Washington would've won the game in overtime, too. The early missed field goal came back to haunt. Wide right. Such a Florida State thing to do.

Bucs absolutely hammering the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Makes no sense. I think Washington would've won the game in overtime, too. The early missed field goal came back to haunt. Wide right. Such a Florida State thing to do.
    Will someone here on DBR figure a way to fire an owner(Snyder). Pleaseeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Cheap late hit knocks DeSean Jackson out of the game (his first game back from injury). I was pulling for the Giants, but hate to see Jackson go out that way. He was so fun to watch before all the injuries (fond memories of watching him run stride for stride with a DB on a route, catch the ball, and then just pull away from the sprinting DB like he was standing still).

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Will someone here on DBR figure a way to fire an owner(Snyder). Pleaseeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
    A friend of mine was once one of his three exec assistants (she doesn’t have any fun stories other than seeing Joe Gibbs walk around the office in boxers and socks). She missed the opportunity to slip something in his coffee...like a dose of humility.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Trust me, if there were a way, someone would have figured it out by now.

This is a guy who ran off Steve Spurrier and Joe Gibbs because they wouldn't listen to him.

Strategy question/opinion:

Todd Gurley "made a mistake" per the coaches and announcers by going into the end zone instead of falling short so they could burn clock and kick the field goal. I think this is massively wrong. If it were a tie game and you were going for the win, sure, you wind the clock and kick the FG, but if you're behind, it seems to me you have to take the points if you can get into the end zone. I would much rather be up by 4-7 points kicking off with 30 seconds left than down 2 points kicking a 20 yard field goal with 3 seconds left.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Trust me, if there were a way, someone would have figured it out by now.

This is a guy who ran off Steve Spurrier and Joe Gibbs because they wouldn't listen to him.
    Snyder has the WTF 1/2 game out of the tough NFC East lead. What a brilliant evaluator of talent and game planner.🤪

Cowboys may be fielding inquiries for a QB job opening if anyone wants to relive their glory days. Yeesh.

Todd Gurley "made a mistake" per the coaches and announcers by going into the end zone instead of falling short so they could burn clock and kick the field goal. I think this is massively wrong. If it were a tie game and you were going for the win, sure, you wind the clock and kick the FG, but if you're behind, it seems to me you have to take the points if you can get into the end zone. I would much rather be up by 4-7 points kicking off with 30 seconds left than down 2 points kicking a 20 yard field goal with 3 seconds left.
    Well, That didn't turn out terribly well, but I stand by it.

Falcons about to do it again.

I think a lot of people would disagree. I've seen a lot of football games lost over the years because teams left too much time on the clock. Down two with three seconds left and a 20-yard field goal for the win gives you approximately a 97% chance at victory.

It was 100% a mistake because of the time left on the clock. It was not 30 seconds, Gurley scored with 1:04 left and that is a huge difference. Detroit had no timeouts left so if you take a knee there or you tell Gurley not to score you can run another 30 seconds off the clock before trying to score a TD or kicking a FG. The Falcons gave Detroit the ball back with a minute left. That was criminally bad clock management.

I cannot figure out how Gurley did not realize what was happening? The second the Falcons got the first down and Detroit called their last TO, I was certain they would just let the Falcons score on the next play. How did the Falcons not realize this too?

It is simple -- would you rather be down 6 with the ball and a minute left or would you rather be up 2 with your opponent attempting a FG from inside the 10 yard line and no time left on the clock? Kicking that FG is clearly a 95%+ chance of winning. I think having the ball and needing a TD with a minute to go is a better outcome for Detroit (clearly, they agreed which is why they let Gurley score).

The Falcons are fun! I am enjoying them finding new and creative ways of losing. I'm thinking we give up a pick 6 for a last second TD next week and maybe lose on a kick return or blocked punt a week or two later. This is great!!!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?