Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Jets come through for me again!

Strange week -- Lions win, Giants win, Patriots crush.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    Jets come through for me again!
    I can't believe that Jets defensive coordinator Greg Williams actually walked into the locker room after that game. He probably should have just walked out the stadium and over to the local unemployment office.

An all-out blitz with 10 seconds left on the clock, leaving your CBs one-on-one with no help at all from any safeties or additional corners, when you are leading by 4 points is one of the most mind-boggling defensive calls in NFL history... and I am not being hyperbolic to say that. Read this: https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...st-season-ever

It was uniquely reckless. According to ESPN Stats & Information data, which goes back to 2006, it was the first time a team sent six or more rushers in the final 15 seconds of regulation when leading by four-to-eight points and being more than 40 yards from the end zone.

The situation called for a soft zone -- a prevent defense, if you will. The Raiders had no timeouts left. If Carr had completed a pass in the middle of the field, there's a good chance time would have expired. He had to throw to the end zone or find a quick completion that went out of bounds to stop the clock.

This was a time to be conservative, but Williams scoffed at that idea and dialed up an eight-man rush. Thus, the Jets became the first team this season to use an eight-man rush in the final 30 seconds of a game, per NFL Next Gen Stats.
    I'll repeat that-- since 2006, no team had ever thrown even 6 pass rushers out there in this same situation... the Jets came with an 8-man rush. Utterly mind-boggling.

-Jason "I think it may have been intentional... the Jets want the #1 pick so they tossed out about the only D that could give them a solid chance of losing what was a won ballgame" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I can't believe that Jets defensive coordinator Greg Williams actually walked into the locker room after that game. He probably should have just walked out the stadium and over to the local unemployment office.

An all-out blitz with 10 seconds left on the clock, leaving your CBs one-on-one with no help at all from any safeties or additional corners, when you are leading by 4 points is one of the most mind-boggling defensive calls in NFL history... and I am not being hyperbolic to say that. Read this: https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...st-season-ever

I'll repeat that-- since 2006, no team had ever thrown even 6 pass rushers out there in this same situation... the Jets came with an 8-man rush. Utterly mind-boggling.

-Jason "I think it may have been intentional... the Jets want the #1 pick so they tossed out about the only D that could give them a solid chance of losing what was a won ballgame" Evans
    Well, they fired Gregg Williams today, so maybe somebody actually wanted the win. But yeah, the Trevor Stakes are on, and its between Jets and Jaguars.

Freaking Seahawks.

Congrats to Rasputin on the 1-Strike tie. We both have NO today.

This was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    Congrats to Rasputin on the 1-Strike tie. We both have NO today.

This was fun.
    Thanks Fidel. My one strike was when I thought I had entered a team in the contest, and apparently hadn't.

r

Somehow Pittsburgh lost to Cincinnati. Without Burrow. Still shaking my head on that one.