Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Jason, did you rename your team before or after today's game?
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Well, the Bengals let me down (it was close!), but at least I only chose them in the 2-strike league.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Jason, did you rename your team before or after today's game?
    I had named them that before today's game. An homage to George McFly.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I had named them that before today's game. An homage to George McFly.
    Nice, I didn't catch it until tonight. How 'bout those Colts 'eh? (I chose them in the 1 strike league)
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

How 'bout those Colts 'eh? (I chose them in the 1 strike league)
    It wasn't about Indy for me, I was just picking against Jacksonville. I was sure this season they would be "Tanking for Trevor." I was wrong.

No strikes league... poof.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

It wasn't about Indy for me, I was just picking against Jacksonville. I was sure this season they would be "Tanking for Trevor." I was wrong.

I saw the post that said lots of people were out because of Jax. I was like "wow that sucks for them, first week!".

Turns out I picked Indy in both polls, sucks for me too (and like Jason, I was picking against Jax).

HTTWFT

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I saw the post that said lots of people were out because of Jax. I was like "wow that sucks for them, first week!".

Turns out I picked Indy in both polls, sucks for me too (and like Jason, I was picking against Jax).

HTTWFT
    We should all know better than to bet on Philip Rivers... alas.

What happens in the event of a tie (Eagles/Bengals)? Is it considered a win so they stay alive? CDu had the Eagles. Just wondering.

What happens in the event of a tie (Eagles/Bengals)? Is it considered a win so they stay alive? CDu had the Eagles. Just wondering.
    Didn't lose, right? So not knocked out, right?

I'm not playing, so I have absolutely nothing riding on it.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    That would be my take on it...

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    Doesn't look like Yahoo sees it that way. Has them knocked out.

Survivor pool is about picking winners. Don’t pick a winner, you’re knocked out. Even if your non-winner doesn’t lose.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

I use a pretty sophisticated algorithm to make my picks.

-- Who are the Jets playing?

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    I use a pretty sophisticated algorithm to make my picks.

-- Who are the Jets playing?
    Great minds think alike!

For the first time in 20 years I picked the Buffalo Bills to win a game, and they did.

They may be real this year.

We have 5 still alive in the no strike league, 2 of which have the Packers to beat the Falcons tonight. Those 5 are: Fidel, Acymetric, and mkirsh plus the two Packer pickers, Nrrrrvous and pfrduke.

A much larger field still fighting it out in the 1-strike league. 10 players competing including both raputin and Fidel who have not yet gotten their first strike.

We have 5 still alive in the no strike league, 2 of which have the Packers to beat the Falcons tonight. Those 5 are: Fidel, Acymetric, and mkirsh plus the two Packer pickers, Nrrrrvous and pfrduke.

A much larger field still fighting it out in the 1-strike league. 10 players competing including both raputin and Fidel who have not yet gotten their first strike.
    Let's go Packers!! A little concerned they may be without Adams and Lazard. You could say I'm nervous...

Let's go Packers!! A little concerned they may be without Adams and Lazard. You could say I'm nervous...
    They are playing the Falcons. They could be down 30 points with 5 minutes to go and you would still be in pretty good shape.

They are playing the Falcons. They could be down 30 points with 5 minutes to go and you would still be in pretty good shape.
    LOL. Well said.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Interestingly, all 5 of the survivors in the No Strikes league chose a different team today. I kind of assumed everyone would go with the Cowboys over the Giants, so I went with the Cardinals over the Jets.

We'll see!