Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 76
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Jason, did you rename your team before or after today's game?
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Well, the Bengals let me down (it was close!), but at least I only chose them in the 2-strike league.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Jason, did you rename your team before or after today's game?
    I had named them that before today's game. An homage to George McFly.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I had named them that before today's game. An homage to George McFly.
    Nice, I didn't catch it until tonight. How 'bout those Colts 'eh? (I chose them in the 1 strike league)
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    How 'bout those Colts 'eh? (I chose them in the 1 strike league)
    It wasn't about Indy for me, I was just picking against Jacksonville. I was sure this season they would be "Tanking for Trevor." I was wrong.

    No strikes league... poof.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It wasn't about Indy for me, I was just picking against Jacksonville. I was sure this season they would be "Tanking for Trevor." I was wrong.

    No strikes league... poof.
    I saw the post that said lots of people were out because of Jax. I was like "wow that sucks for them, first week!".

    Turns out I picked Indy in both polls, sucks for me too (and like Jason, I was picking against Jax).

    HTTWFT

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It wasn't about Indy for me, I was just picking against Jacksonville. I was sure this season they would be "Tanking for Trevor." I was wrong.

    No strikes league... poof.
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I saw the post that said lots of people were out because of Jax. I was like "wow that sucks for them, first week!".

    Turns out I picked Indy in both polls, sucks for me too (and like Jason, I was picking against Jax).

    HTTWFT
    We should all know better than to bet on Philip Rivers... alas.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    What happens in the event of a tie (Eagles/Bengals)? Is it considered a win so they stay alive? CDu had the Eagles. Just wondering.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    What happens in the event of a tie (Eagles/Bengals)? Is it considered a win so they stay alive? CDu had the Eagles. Just wondering.
    Didn't lose, right? So not knocked out, right?

    I'm not playing, so I have absolutely nothing riding on it.

    -jk

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Didn't lose, right? So not knocked out, right?

    I'm not playing, so I have absolutely nothing riding on it.

    -jk
    That would be my take on it...
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Didn't lose, right? So not knocked out, right?

    I'm not playing, so I have absolutely nothing riding on it.

    -jk
    Doesn't look like Yahoo sees it that way. Has them knocked out.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Survivor pool is about picking winners. Donít pick a winner, youíre knocked out. Even if your non-winner doesnít lose.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

    You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

    You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

  13. #53
    I use a pretty sophisticated algorithm to make my picks.

    -- Who are the Jets playing?

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    I use a pretty sophisticated algorithm to make my picks.

    -- Who are the Jets playing?
    Great minds think alike!

  15. #55
    For the first time in 20 years I picked the Buffalo Bills to win a game, and they did.

    They may be real this year.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    We have 5 still alive in the no strike league, 2 of which have the Packers to beat the Falcons tonight. Those 5 are: Fidel, Acymetric, and mkirsh plus the two Packer pickers, Nrrrrvous and pfrduke.

    A much larger field still fighting it out in the 1-strike league. 10 players competing including both raputin and Fidel who have not yet gotten their first strike.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    We have 5 still alive in the no strike league, 2 of which have the Packers to beat the Falcons tonight. Those 5 are: Fidel, Acymetric, and mkirsh plus the two Packer pickers, Nrrrrvous and pfrduke.

    A much larger field still fighting it out in the 1-strike league. 10 players competing including both raputin and Fidel who have not yet gotten their first strike.
    Let's go Packers!! A little concerned they may be without Adams and Lazard. You could say I'm nervous...
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Let's go Packers!! A little concerned they may be without Adams and Lazard. You could say I'm nervous...
    They are playing the Falcons. They could be down 30 points with 5 minutes to go and you would still be in pretty good shape.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    They are playing the Falcons. They could be down 30 points with 5 minutes to go and you would still be in pretty good shape.
    LOL. Well said.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Interestingly, all 5 of the survivors in the No Strikes league chose a different team today. I kind of assumed everyone would go with the Cowboys over the Giants, so I went with the Cardinals over the Jets.

    We'll see!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Similar Threads

  1. Survivor Football
    By wilson in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 149
    Last Post: 12-11-2018, 09:46 AM
  2. Survivor Football 2016
    By DukieInKansas in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 151
    Last Post: 01-23-2017, 03:17 PM
  3. DBR Football Survivor Pool
    By Bostondevil in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 12:24 AM
  4. DBR Survivor football pool
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 10:16 PM
  5. DBR Football Survivor
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 10:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •