Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I am so glad I didn't give in to the temptation to pick the Panthers tonight for both groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I am so glad I didn't give in to the temptation to pick the Panthers tonight for both groups.
    I'm not thrilled with my Eagles pick this week, but Dallas looks like a train wreck.

I wouldn't waste my Chiefs pick when they are playing the Jets. Trying strategery.

I'm feeling OK about my pick this week. Which probably means I'll go down in flames!!
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

The Jets are never going to beat anybody. They are the worst team I've seen in years!

(The reverse jinx ploy!)
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    I'm feeling OK about my pick this week. Which probably means I'll go down in flames!!
    Never have truer words been typed...

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Never have truer words been typed...
    Against the Bengals seemed a pretty good bet. Joe Burrow continues to impress.

Iggles took Dallas. Onward.

Potentially down to two (the same people) in both leagues if this MNF score holds...

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Potentially down to two (the same people) in both leagues if this MNF score holds...
    Survived by the skin of my teeth!
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

What happens in the end of that game if the defenders don’t touch the receiver when he slides to make the catch? Does the clock just run out or do the officials whistle the play dead?

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    What happens in the end of that game if the defenders don’t touch the receiver when he slides to make the catch? Does the clock just run out or do the officials whistle the play dead?
    They should whistle it dead if he lies (lays?) there and doesn't move. A player can give himself up and stop the play.

I didn’t think the jets would try so hard. Funny enough, ESPN is tracking their draft status for each win/loss. Painful.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    I didn’t think the jets would try so hard. Funny enough, ESPN is tracking their draft status for each win/loss. Painful.
    They looked a lot better than I assumed they were. Maybe New England is just that bad.

I didn't see the whole game but is it true that the took away a touchdown reception from Jamison Crowder? I only saw a brief video but it appeared that he had control of the football and both feet down. Did anybody see that, and, if so, could you comment about it, please?
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    They looked a lot better than I assumed they were. Maybe New England is just that bad.

I didn't see the whole game but is it true that the took away a touchdown reception from Jamison Crowder? I only saw a brief video but it appeared that he had control of the football and both feet down. Did anybody see that, and, if so, could you comment about it, please?
    I didn't see the whole thing either, but the part I saw the opposite happened - Crowder made a great catch that was called out-of-bounds on the field but reversed on replay after it was confirmed that he got both feet in.

Anyone watching highschool ball aswell?my cowboys are bad .im riding my sons team into the playoffs

Green Bay squeezed this one out for me. Glad we don't have to beat a spread.

Being in Ohio I got the Cleveland game. Are the defenses really that good? 3-0 after 3 quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    Green Bay squeezed this one out for me. Glad we don't have to beat a spread.

Being in Ohio I got the Cleveland game. Are the defenses really that good? 3-0 after 3 quarters.
    We are now down to 2 after the Seahawks pick didn’t work out. This is easily the furthest I’ve ever made it in a survivor pool.

Dammit Seattle! Still alive in the 1-strike pool.

Congrats to Fidel. There were two obvious choices this week that had me irrationally scared, so I got too cute and relied on Kirk Cousins, which is a bad idea.

I think I owe the Jets some portion of my winnings.

A good time had. Indianapolis took the air out of this years competition early.

Now, I need to act like I’ve been here before. 🤷

Let's not forget the 2-strike league is still running