Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Interestingly, all 5 of the survivors in the No Strikes league chose a different team today. I kind of assumed everyone would go with the Cowboys over the Giants, so I went with the Cardinals over the Jets.

We'll see!
    You would be hard pressed to get me to pick a team that consistently gives up that many points and wins all their games in miraculous come from behind fashion. That can only keep up for so long.

I decided this was the best week to pick what I perceive as a less than strong team (Rams). Survive and advance.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    I decided this was the best week to pick what I perceive as a less than strong team (Rams). Survive and advance.
    Pretty much every week is a good week to pick whoever is playing against Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Pretty much every week is a good week to pick whoever is playing against Washington.
    I wish I could disagree with you but they looked really bad yesterday. Having Allen play QB was a bit helpful until he got hurt (note I think it was helpful because he's the most mobile of the 3) but overall the word that comes to mind is 'pitiful'.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Pretty much every week is a good week to pick whoever is playing against the NFC East.
    FIFY
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    FIFY
    I have been out of this for a while, but I just checked and this weekend is the WFT-Giants game. Not sure if anyone wants to touch that one. That could set football back a few years, though the Giants showed some moments of promise this week. Winless Atlanta plays the Vikings and the winless Jets play the Chargers. Good luck to all who remain.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I have been out of this for a while, but I just checked and this weekend is the WFT-Giants game. Not sure if anyone wants to touch that one. That could set football back a few years, though the Giants showed some moments of promise this week. Winless Atlanta plays the Vikings and the winless Jets play the Chargers. Good luck to all who remain.
    The Giants and the WFT should just agree to split their two games this season...and not play them

I'm glad I didn't remember my pick as I watched the end of the Seattle game. I was actually pulling for them to miss the FG and let the Vikings win in spite of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm glad I didn't remember my pick as I watched the end of the Seattle game. I was actually pulling for them to miss the FG and let the Vikings win in spite of themselves.
    You may have been a bit tipsy that late in the day. Vikings passed up a chance for a likely game-clinching FG, Seahawks then won on a TD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    You may have been a bit tipsy that late in the day. Vikings passed up a chance for a likely game-clinching FG, Seahawks then won on a TD.
    You're right - it was a TD at the end. Pretty impressive catch, as I recall. I remembered the Vikings passing on the FG to try to convert on 4th and inches but was forgetting the FG would have made it much harder for Seattle. The 6 points in the 4th quarter box score led me astray.

You're right - it was a TD at the end. Pretty impressive catch, as I recall. I remembered the Vikings passing on the FG to try to convert on 4th and inches but was forgetting the FG would have made it much harder for Seattle. The 6 points in the 4th quarter box score led me astray.
    The Vikings coach seemed to forget as well. Likely would have sealed the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    The Vikings coach seemed to forget as well. Likely would have sealed the deal.
    The computer gave them a 94% chance of winning at the time they had fourth and inches inside the 10. According to the computer calculations, kicking the field goal would have not changed the odds much. Going for it and failing lowered the odds of winning by about 18%-20%, if i recall correctly.

They still had a good chance of winning the game, and getting the first down would have made victory almost certain. But I'm of the opinion that it is not a good idea to give Russell Wilson a chance to lead a game-winning drive. Best Seattle could have done if Minnesota would have made the field goal would be a tie.

A lack of enthusiasm for Survivor Football took a big toll this week. We may declare a winner by week 8 if the fall-off continues.

Gotta love those Jets tho!

Pretty sure I forgot to pick. Should have done it on Tuesday instead of thinking waiting until closer to the weekend would be better.

Pretty sure I forgot to pick. Should have done it on Tuesday instead of thinking waiting until closer to the weekend would be better.
    Same here. Thought I could at least pick one of the remaining games but no luck. Oh well

A lack of enthusiasm for Survivor Football took a big toll this week. We may declare a winner by week 8 if the fall-off continues.

Gotta love those Jets tho!
    The inaptly named 'football team' is also the gift that keeps on giving.

Buffalo making several of us really sweat this one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Buffalo making several of us really sweat this one out.
    The Trevor Lawrence Stakes will keep the Jets from trying too hard. I wonder what its like being in the coaches room planning the game strategy.

'Coach, I found a weakness in the Buffalo secondary'.

'Shhh'.

The Trevor Lawrence Stakes will keep the Jets from trying too hard. I wonder what its like being in the coaches room planning the game strategy.

'Coach, I found a weakness in the Buffalo secondary'.

'Shhh'.
    I don't think Adam Gase has to go out of his way to field a losing team. Just saying. One of those guys where you just wonder how he keeps getting jobs.

All four of the remaining contestants win again this week. Three of us still have the Chiefs available, who happen to be hosting the Jets next week (20.5 point favorites per early lines - that’s a college line). Let’s just say if the Jets spring the upset of the season, I bet three people will be going home.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke