Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Adam was -2 for the first nine and needs to do at least as well on the second to make the cut.
    Adam missed cut.

Max Greyserman (Duke 2017) is tied for third at the Savannah Golf Championship on the Korn-Ferry Tour. Ryan Blaum is T-51, while Wes Roach is not playing the weekend. Thanks to Seacap29 for spotting the Duke players here.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

LPGA ShoRrite Classic in NJ

Tournament taking place October 1-4 at the Seaview Resort near Atlantic City.

Host of Duke players in the field. Celine Boutier is setting the pace for Duke at T-4; Yu Liu is T-16; Mina Harigae and Brittany Lang at T-27; Lindy Duncan at T-44, and Leona Maguire T-53.

There are probably other Duke players who escaped my bleary eyes.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Alas, I was pulling for Max Greyserman in Savannah but an ugly seven on the par four thirteenth did him in. He birdied three of the remaining holes to rally and finish T8. He is up to 56 now on the Points List. Top 25 advance to the big show.

Tournament taking place October 1-4 at the Seaview Resort near Atlantic City.

Host of Duke players in the field. Celine Boutier is setting the pace for Duke at T-4; Yu Liu is T-16; Mina Harigae and Brittany Lang at T-27; Lindy Duncan at T-44, and Leona Maguire T-53.

There are probably other Duke players who escaped my bleary eyes.
    I think you got all 6 ex-Duke players. All finished between 6th (Harigae) and 43rd.

Seems we have a very competitive and large contingent every week, just very hard to breakthrough with a win.

Harigae actually went pro before she played her 1st year at Duke.However Dan Brooks is likely happy for her.

The PGA's LatinoAmerica Tour event this week started today and has three ex-Duke players in the field, Alex Smalley (D'19), Chandler Eaton (D'20), and Motin Yeund (D'17?). Players here hope to move on up to the Korn Ferry Tour and then to the big show. Max Greyserman (D'17) and Wes Roach (D'11) start tomorrow on the Korn Ferry, and Kevin tees it up again on the PGA scene in Las Vegas. And, finally, over in England Julian Suri (D'13) will play. This is Europe's top golf circuit.

Please add to or correct the above.

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    The PGA's LatinoAmerica Tour event this week started today and has three ex-Duke players in the field, Alex Smalley (D'19), Chandler Eaton (D'20), and Motin Yeund (D'17?). Players here hope to move on up to the Korn Ferry Tour and then to the big show. Max Greyserman (D'17) and Wes Roach (D'11) start tomorrow on the Korn Ferry, and Kevin tees it up again on the PGA scene in Las Vegas. And, finally, over in England Julian Suri (D'13) will play. This is Europe's top golf circuit.

Please add to or correct the above.
    Thanks, good info. So Smalley, who made a cut on the PGA tour in September, has not been quailed for Korn Ferry?

Don't think so, but I could be wrong. On their site he's not listed as a player.

Kevin Streelman is back in action this week at the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open in Las Vegas. He tees off #1 at 14:55 Eastern time.

https://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard.html
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Kevin Streelman is back in action this week at the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open in Las Vegas. He tees off #1 at 14:55 Eastern time.

https://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard.html
    Our typical group of 6 women (above) are playing in their PGA championship starting tomorrow. Scanned the field, but unaware if any other lessor names also made the field.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Our typical group of 6 women (above) are playing in their PGA championship starting tomorrow. Scanned the field, but unaware if any other lessor names also made the field.
    Some comment above about Mina Harigae never actually attending Duke. She did -- but only for one semester. She appeared in three fall golf events in 2008-2009, with two top five finishes.
    Sage Grouse

Some comment above about Mina Harigae never actually attending Duke. She did -- but only for one semester. She appeared in three fall golf events in 2008-2009, with two top five finishes.
    The OAD or 1/2AD huh? Will still count her just as we do with B-ball.

The OAD or 1/2AD huh? Will still count her just as we do with B-ball.
    Exactly. There was expressed interest on the board a few years ago counting players who committed to Duke but went pro instead: Morgan Pressel in women's golf and Shaun Livingston in hoops were two. Didn't wear the uni -- doesn't get counted -- is my view.
    Sage Grouse

Kevin in Vegas

At the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open, played at TPC Summerlin. Streels started slow -- as usual -- with two bogeys early. He rallied and finished at -2 69, which is T-77. He'll need a better round tomorrow to play the weekend -- maybe a fast start?

Bryson DeChambeau posted a -9 62 for the lead.
    Sage Grouse

Kevin Streelman cards a -4 (67) today and is -6 for the tournament. He appears safely above the projected cut line (-4). Streelman finished today’s round birdie, eagle.
    Bob Green

Kevin Streelman cards a -4 (67) today and is -6 for the tournament. He appears safely above the projected cut line (-4). Streelman finished today’s round birdie, eagle.
    The cut line, now shown on the leaderboard at -4, is likely to be -5. Kevin posted a -4 today and -6 total with a 19'6" birdie putt on the par-three next-to-last hole and a 21'1" eagle putt on the par-five final hole (he finished on #8 and #9).
    Sage Grouse

The cut line, now shown on the leaderboard at -4, is likely to be -5. Kevin posted a -4 today and -6 total with a 19'6" birdie putt on the par-three next-to-last hole and a 21'1" eagle putt on the par-five final hole (he finished on #8 and #9).
    That cut line is already at -6 and creeping closer to -7. I think it will ultimately stay at -6 but it will be close...

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    That cut line is already at -6 and creeping closer to -7. I think it will ultimately stay at -6 but it will be close...
    Cut line is currently -7.
    Bob Green

Cut line is currently -7.
    And will surely stay there. Only 7 strokes separate the lead from the cut line. Might that be a record compressed field.

And will surely stay there. Only 7 strokes separate the lead from the cut line. Might that be a record compressed field.
    Well, Streels' last-minute heroics did not get rewarded. Pity. I was tracking, and there were two fairly easy par fives near the end -- #16 and #9 -- and most players made birdie.
    Sage Grouse