Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Brittany Lang was playing well on the front nine today but played pretty poorly on the back, ending up even par for the day, and 3-under for the tournament.

Streelman cards a -7 (65) today and is currently T6.
    Bob Green

Streelman tees off at 16:10 EDT. He is T12 at -13 and three shots behind the leaders. There are 17 golfers within three shots of the lead heading into today’s final round.
    Bob Green

Streelman shoots -5 (67) today and is T2. A few golfers still on the course but Streelman in great shape for a Top 5 finish.
    Bob Green

Streelman "won" the last three rounds. Unfortunately, it was not enough to compensate for an even par first round; he finished tied for 3rd and garnered 134 FedEx points.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Streelman "won" the last three rounds. Unfortunately, it was not enough to compensate for an even par first round; he finished tied for 3rd and garnered 134 FedEx points.
    and $322,000... 😁

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Brittany Lang was playing well on the front nine today but played pretty poorly on the back, ending up even par for the day, and 3-under for the tournament.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=lpga...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    Maguire Liu and Boutier are Duke alums and they were not mentioned. All finished higher than Lang.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Maguire Liu and Boutier are Duke alums and they were not mentioned. All finished higher than Lang.
    Interesting that Leona Maguire led the Duke contingent -- just ahead of Yu Liu. Celine started with (for her) an awful round but finished strong. Brittany Lang did the opposite.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Left out a comma. Eats, shoots and leaves and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Left out a comma. Eats, shoots and leaves and all that.
    I once bumped my head, and was in a comma for a day or two.

I'd love to see "Streels" continue his momentum and play well and contend (and win!) at the US Open.

Streelman got off to a rough start today: 4 over through 5 holes. He settled down a bit and finished at 3 over, tied for 71st. Long is 1 over, in a bunch of 24 tied for 33rd.

Long struggled a bit at four over today, +5 overall, but the course is playing very difficult so he should make the cut.

The current projected cut is +5, and most trends this afternoon seem to be negative, so it is not likely the cut line will drop; Long should be safe. Streelman (currently at +8 through 12) is not likely to make the cut.

I've got to find my nausea medicine ... the Tiger fawning on this broadcast is triggering my emetic tendencies. With any luck, he'll continue moving backwards and miss the cut.

Cut will likely be +6 with an outside chance at +7. Either way Long is definitely safe and Streelman is almost certainly out.

I'm just glad I'm not the guy who bet $45,000 on Phil Mickelson (at 45 to 1 odds) to win the US Open this year. Phil finished the second round at +13 for the two days and is near the bottom of the field. He will not be playing this weekend.

https://golf.com/news/phil-mickelson...eral%20reasons.

Long with a really solid -1 today and will wind-up around 20th going into Sunday...

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Long with a really solid -1 today and will wind-up around 20th going into Sunday...
    Not bad. But imagine what Tiger Woods would have done.

Celine Boutier in a tie for fifth at the Cambria Portland Classic. Doing well, but unlikely to catch Mel Reid tomorrow... she is playing really well.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Celine Boutier in a tie for fifth at the Cambria Portland Classic. Doing well, but unlikely to catch Mel Reid tomorrow... she is playing really well.
    Thanks for tracking this, rsvman. Leona Maguire and Yu Liu are T-21. Mina Harigae back in the pack but likely to make the cut. Brittany Lang and Lindy Duncan outside the cut line.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013