Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

Kevin needs to win and have Viktor Hovland beat Abraham Ancer. If both happen there would be a sudden-death playoff tomorrow between Streels and Ancer. His chance of advancing is more like 0.125.
    Streelman won and Ancer lost so they’re tied at 2-1.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Streelman won and Ancer lost so they’re tied at 2-1.
    Streels and Ancer have a sudden-death playoff sometime, but some matches today haven't even teed off.

Adam is two-up through ten, but he needs Dustin Johnson (one-up thru 11) to either lose or draw.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Streels and Ancer have a sudden-death playoff sometime, but some matches today haven't even teed off.

Adam is two-up through ten, but he needs Dustin Johnson (one-up thru 11) to either lose or draw.
    Streelman-Abraham Ancer playoff is about to start, beginning on hole #1. Golf channel should cover it.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Streelman-Abraham Ancer playoff is about to start, beginning on hole #1. Golf channel should cover it.
    Streelman birdies for the win. He advances to the round of 16 tomorrow. Yay!!
    Sage Grouse

Kevin Streelman plays Billy Horschel in the Round of 16.
    Bob Green

Adam Long was set to advance, one-up going into final hole. His opponent, Scotsman Robert McIntyre, then proceed to drive the green on the par-four 18th for an eagle to halve the match. McIntyre advances with a 1-0-2 record with Adam and DJ at 1-1-1. Hmmm...
    Sage Grouse

Adam Long was set to advance, one-up going into final hole. His opponent, Scotsman Robert McIntyre, then proceed to drive the green on the par-four 18th for an eagle to halve the match. McIntyre advances with a 1-0-2 record with Adam and DJ at 1-1-1. Hmmm...
    Something is telling me that you are not giving the points in the same order as soccer does (win-draw-loss)?

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Something is telling me that you are not giving the points in the same order as soccer does (win-draw-loss)?
    Just copying it off the PGA Tour leader board -- win-loss-draw.
    Sage Grouse

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    The order is win-loss-draw.
    Bob Green

Kevin Streelman tees off against Billy Horschel at 08:46 Eastern time.
    Bob Green

Horschel 3 Up through nine holes. Streelman needs to win some holes quickly.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Horschel 3 Up through nine holes. Streelman needs to win some holes quickly.
    Streels loses to Billy Horschel three-and-one. Horschel birdied the first two holes and never trailed. Kevin played well -- winning three out of four on the back nine -- and his only bogey was on the final hole, when he had to take a penalty shot.
    Sage Grouse

In other golf involving our guys, at Corales Puntacana Alex Smalley is T-15 and Wes Roach is T-21, and in the Korn Ferry Max Greyserman is T-11 and Matt Oshrine made the cut but is T-74.

This week's PGA in San Antonio has Adam Long and in the Korn Ferry in Florida Blaum, Greyserman, Roach will play. Motin Yeung (T, '16) is also in the field..
    Last edited by -jk; 03-31-2021 at 11:08 AM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    This week's PGA in San Antonio has Adam Long and in the Korn Ferry in Florida Blaum, Greyserman, Roach will play. Motin Yeung (T, '16) is also in the field..
    +1 for Adam at the Valero Open in San Antonio. T-56 at the moment.
    Sage Grouse

Leona McGuire is currently tied for the lead at the ANA Classic out in Palm Springs (the former Dinah Shore tournament) - one of the LPGA majors. I was watching on the Golf Channel at lunchtime and she was getting a lot of airtime on TV, with a nice mention of Duke and her stellar amateur career. Still a lot of golf to be played but nice to see her in contention.

Adam Long shot +2 (74) today to fall to +3 which is below the +1 projected cutline.
    Bob Green

Yes, Adam missed the cut. In the Korn Ferry, Wes Roach and Matt Oshrine made the cut, but are both far back in the field. Ryan Blaum, Max Greyserman, and Motin Yeoung (Hong Kong now) are out.

This week’s stop on the PGA Tour is the RBC Heritage on Hilton Head Island, SC. Thursday tee times:

Kevin Streelman, 07:44, #1
    Adam Long, 08:17, #1
    Bob Green

I love Harbour Town having walked that course (as a spectator) for many years. Tight fairways, tiny greens, gotta hit them straight and use strategy to do well here. Kevin usually plays well in Hilton Head, not sure about Adam.