Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Not the best start for Kevin, Adam witrh a solid opening round. I'm pulling for both to play well tomorrow at Sawgrass.

Today’s tee times:

Kevin Streelman, 07:18 #10
    Adam Long, 13:44 #1
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Today’s tee times:

Kevin Streelman, 07:18 #10
    Adam Long, 13:44 #1
    Slow start for Streels -- missed two putts under five feet on the first four holes. At +1 for the day.

Go Duke!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Slow start for Streels -- missed two putts under five feet on the first four holes. At +1 for the day.

Go Duke!
    Streels rallied after a slow start and reached even for the tournament but was done in a by a shot to the water out of a fairway trap on his 13th hole (#4). He ends at +2 and T-86 (for now).

Long has yet to tee off.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Jaravee Boonchant

One of the Women's Team stars, Jaravee Boonchant is making her debut in Augusta. She was in Bangkok last fall because of the Pandemic.https://goduke.com/news/2021/3/12/wo...itational.aspx

Adam Long cards a 2 over today to make the cut on the line at even par. He is also third in the Adam standings (only one behind Scott and Hadwin).

Streelman misses out on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Adam Long cards a 2 over today to make the cut on the line at even par. He is also third in the Adam standings (only one behind Scott and Hadwin).

Streelman misses out on the weekend.
    Did either of them:

(1) Take an 11 at 17?

(2) Miss an 18-inch putt at 15?

(3) Have his mom call a 2-shot penalty on him?

No? Then they are better off than Ben An, Sergio Garcia, and Viktor Hovland, respectively.

"Amazing what a minute can do."

Meanwhile in the Qatar Masters Julian Suri shot 70 and 68 to finish T15 and making the cut when darkness stopped play...

Round 3 is underway at The Players Championship. Adam Long is -1 through 3 holes with a birdie on Par 5 #2.
    Bob Green

So Suri played so well in the opening rds. in Qatar he shot 84 today. Wonder what was up with that?

Adam Long is -4 today through 14 holes and has moved up 35 positions to a tie for 15th.
    Sage Grouse

Adam Long is -4 today through 14 holes and has moved up 35 positions to a tie for 15th.
    Another birdie for Adam -- on the tough 15th hole -- out a fairway bunker. Now only four shots behind leader Lee Westwood, who doesn't tee off for two hours.
    Sage Grouse

Another birdie for Adam -- on the tough 15th hole -- out a fairway bunker. Now only four shots behind leader Lee Westwood, who doesn't tee off for two hours.
    Adam finished at -5 and is tied for 13, with the leaders not even having teed off. Scores have been low in the AM, but may be higher as the course dries out in breezy conditions.
    Sage Grouse

Shoots 67; -5 today. Great round but others are duplicating/exceeding.

Adam Long tees off at 12:25 today. He enters Round 4 tied for 16th place at -5.
    Bob Green

So Suri shoots 84 yesterday and 67 today. Go figure....

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    So Suri shoots 84 yesterday and 67 today. Go figure...
    It's a crazy game.

Uo and down round for our man Adam Long. One-over after eight holes, he birdied three of the next four. Then, on the short par-three 13th, he dumped his tee shot in the water. But, he made birdie on his second ball and only lost one shot on the hole. He is T-20 heading into the last five holes.
    Sage Grouse

So Kevin and Adam will play this week in the Honda, Wes Roach and Max Greyserman in the resuming Korn-Ferry event in Louisiana, and Julian Suri in the European Tour in Kenya...

Today’s Honda Classic tee times:

Adam Long, 07:58 #1
    Kevin Streelman, 13:04 #10
    Bob Green