Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thank You to all of the contributors on this thread. I hope all of you enjoy the game as much as I do. See you at the 19th hole !

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    See you at the 19th hole !
    The hole where I perform best.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    Correction: Blaum with a 69 opener, not 70...
    Both Wes Roach and Ryan Blaum shot -3 69 and are T-25 in the Puerto Rico Open.

Go Duke!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Both Wes Roach and Ryan Blaum shot -3 69 and are T-25 in the Puerto Rico Open.

Go Duke!
    Both Wes (-5) and Ryan (-3) made the cut in Puerto Rico.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Both Wes (-5) and Ryan (-3) made the cut in Puerto Rico.
    Wes Roach was "on fire" at the end of the final round in Puerto Rico: birdie-birdie-birdie brings him at -5 67. His score of -12 is now T-11 with a number of players still on the course.

Ryan Blaum finished at even par on Sunday and T-52.
    Sage Grouse

LPGA Finish

Leona Maguire and Yu Liu tied for 16th at -6 at the Gainbridge LPGA event in Orlando. This is Leona's 2nd best finish on the LPGA tour -- she is still listed as a rookie.
    Sage Grouse

Looks like only Adam Long will play in this week's PGA, The Arnold Palmer. The Korn Ferry Tour kicks up again on March 18 in Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    Looks like only Adam Long will play in this week's PGA, The Arnold Palmer. The Korn Ferry Tour kicks up again on March 18 in Louisiana.
    Adam posted a -2 70 and is T-13 with some players on the course. Good start.
    Sage Grouse

Adam posted a -2 70 and is T-13 with some players on the course. Good start.
    Sounds like Adam finished strong. I checked earlier this afternoon and he was +1 through 11 holes.

EDIT: https://www.pgatour.com/video/2021/0...ld-palmer.html
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Sounds like Adam finished strong. I checked earlier this afternoon and he was +1 through 11 holes.

EDIT: https://www.pgatour.com/video/2021/0...ld-palmer.html
    Yep, three birdies in the last eight holes but missed a five-footer for birdie on his 18th hole (#9).
    Sage Grouse

Yep, nice round for Adam, T-15 and only four strokes behind Rory, the leader. Goes off early tomorrow, 7:44 am.

Adam Long will not be playing the weekend. He shot +9 (81) today.
    Bob Green

Looks like Adam will try to bounce back at Sawgrass next week. Kevin is also in the Players field after skipping the Arnold Palmer winding up today.

Adam Long will not be playing the weekend. He shot +9 (81) today.
    At least he was more than 10 strokes better than the high score for the round.

LPGA Ocala - Mar 4-7

In the LPGA stop in Ocala, FL Leona Maguire and Yu Liu are at -4, tied for 6th. Others making the cut include Lindy Duncan and Mina Harigae.
    Sage Grouse

In the LPGA stop in Ocala, FL Leona Maguire and Yu Liu are at -4, tied for 6th. Others making the cut include Lindy Duncan and Mina Harigae.
    Worth mentioning that Leona Maguire finished tied for 6th place at -5, with birdies on her final 2 holes.
    This represents her second top ten finish on the LPGA tour (she even got a mention near the end of the broadcast). Kudos.

Yu Liu was tied for 19th at -2.

Lindy Duncan tied for 34th at +1.

Mina Hariague tied for 70th at + 12.

BTW, second place was Jennifer Kupcho at -10. A familiar name. She was on Wake Forest a couple of years ago (2019) battling when Duke won their last National Championship. She won a championship with WF in 2018. Nice credit for the ACC.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Last edited by DevilHorse; 03-08-2021 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    Worth mentioning that Leona Maguire finished tied for 6th place at -5, with birdies on her final 2 holes.
    This represents her second top ten finish on the LPGA tour (she even got a mention near the end of the broadcast). Kudos.

Yu Liu was tied for 19th at -2.

Lindy Duncan tied for 34th at +1.

Mina Hariague tied for 70th at + 12.

BTW, second place was Jennifer Kupcho at -10. A familiar name. She was on Wake Forest a couple of years ago (2019) battling when Duke won their last National Championship. She won a championship with WF in 2018. Nice credit for the ACC.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    I watched a few minutes of this tournament, and for a moment I thought I was watching the women’s event at Augusta National. The 11th and 12th holes at Golden Ocala are replicas of 12 and 13 from Augusta, right down to the azaleas. I have since learned that the course has replicas of many famous holes (16th from Augusta, 1st and 17th from St Andrew’s, etc). Not normally the type of course you see professional events held on but somewhat interesting.

The Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass starts tomorrow. Tee times:

Adam Long, 08:24 #10
    Kevin Streelman, 12:38 #1
    Bob Green

The Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass starts tomorrow. Tee times:

Adam Long, 08:24 #10
    Kevin Streelman, 12:38 #1
    Adam shot a 70 this morning (-2) and is among the leaders (Sergio Garcia is -7 but he is 3 strokes a head of everyone else, at this point); course is playing hard today; Kevin Streelman is -2 after 5 holes, so let's hope he keeps up his good play (course is playing harder and faster in the afternoon).

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Adam shot a 70 this morning (-2) and is among the leaders (Sergio Garcia is -7 but he is 3 strokes a head of everyone else, at this point); course is playing hard today; Kevin Streelman is -2 after 5 holes, so let's hope he keeps up his good play (course is playing harder and faster in the afternoon).
    Streels finished at +1 73, now tied for 62 with players still on the course. His round was highlighted by an eagle on the par-five 11th hole.
    Sage Grouse