Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Depends on how hungry they are; if eligible, work as many weeks as possible. The beauty of the Tour, each player individually responsible for his own earnings.
    And his own expenses. It's pretty Darwinian.

Friday tee times (Eastern):

Kevin Streelman, 14:21 #1
    Adam Long, 15:16 #1

Long is in solid shape at -2 but Streelman at +1 has ground to make up in order to play the weekend. I’m expecting the cut line to be at -1.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    And his own expenses. It's pretty Darwinian.
    And a little self fulfilling. I read an article a while back (have to go try to find it) about how the older “journeyman pro” is being driven from the game. Because the tour is effectively year round now, if older players who aren’t in the ultra elite category want to take time off to be with their families, they have a hard time keeping up with the younger guys who play every week and accumulate status for entry into the bigger events. And if a player can’t get into the bigger events it snowballs away from them limiting their ability to continue playing at all. Play or perish - Darwinian indeed.

Kevin Streelman shot -5 (66) today and is T15 with golfers still on the course. He had six birdies and one bogey. Streelman will be playing the weekend.
    Bob Green

Adam Long shot a 76 and missed the cut. Streel's is tied for 14th.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Today’s tee time (Eastern):

Kevin Streelman, 12:10 #1
    Bob Green

In Korn-Ferry action in Florida both Max Greysersman (Duke'17) and Wes Roach ('11) made the cut. Max is T-15 and Wes is T-27.

Weather delay ongoing at the Genesis Invitational due to high winds.
    Bob Green

Play has resumed at the Genesis Invitational after a long delay. Streelman is +1 through five holes falling back to T20 (-3).
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Weather delay ongoing at the Genesis Invitational due to high winds.
    Play has resumed at the Genesis Invitational after a long delay. Streelman is +1 through five holes falling back to T20 (-3).
    Looked like only 11 of 67 players under par. Streels was at +2 for the day, but about to make birdie and will be T-15,. about where he started.

When I lived in Pacific Palisades back a few decades, when the wind would come up (Santa Ana or whatever), the leaves and branches from the eucalyptus trees would cover the top of my swimming pool and clog the skimmer. (This was NOT a fancy house.)
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Question and Cmment

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Looked like only 11 of 67 players under par. Streels was at +2 for the day, but about to make birdie and will be T-15,. about where he started.

When I lived in Pacific Palisades back a few decades, when the wind would come up (Santa Ana or whatever), the leaves and branches from the eucalyptus trees would cover the top of my swimming pool and clog the skimmer. (This was NOT a fancy house.)
    is it more windy in Pacific Palisades than elsewhere in SoCal? I played today at Palos Verdes and it was windy but the ball was not blown off the wind or anything? Was surprised that they delayed play at Rivera.

I thought every house in Pacific Palisades with a swimming pool was "fancy."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    is it more windy in Pacific Palisades than elsewhere in SoCal? I played today at Palos Verdes and it was windy but the ball was not blown off the wind or anything? Was surprised that they delayed play at Rivera.

I thought every house in Pacific Palisades with a swimming pool was "fancy."

Thanks
    I dunno about the Palisades vs. other areas -- but the Venturi effect (or is it the Bernoulli Principle?) affects the winds coming over the Santa Monica Mountains -- and it can be very breezy.

Kindly,
    Sage
    'I visited my old house a year ago -- last trip before the COVID -- and there was a chain-link fence in front of the carport, enabling the tenant to have an art or sculpture studio there. That may give you some idea. The one advantage of the pool was that my older daughter learned to swim before she was 12 months old'
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Streelman shot +4 (75) today and is Even overall. He is currently T31 and in need of a strong Sunday performance.
    Bob Green

Sunday tee times are not yet posted as Round 3 was suspended due to darkness. Looking at the leaderboard, there are 23 golfers who must finish their Saturday round before Round 4 can commence.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    If a picture is worth a thousand words, how much is a video worth?

https://youtu.be/RiHTMdN61CE
    Bob Green

If a picture is worth a thousand words, how much is a video worth?

https://youtu.be/RiHTMdN61CE
    Holy !#^@&!%%!

Check out the putt at :18

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quiet Week for Feb 25-28

The PGA Tour stop is the World Golf Championships Workday Championship at the Concession in Bradenton FL.

Our lads have a week of enforced idleness. Apparently Adam at #64 and Kevin Streelman at #57 in the Official World Golf Rankings are not high enough to qualify. Odd -- the field has 65 players. Seems like it takes top 50 in the OWGR to qualify with the rest being "Top players from member tours' money lists or orders of merit (from last complete season)."
    Sage Grouse

Ryan Blaum and Wes Roach are playing in the Puerto Rico Open this week. Ryan has completed his round at 70 for T14 this a.m.

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    Ryan Blaum and Wes Roach are playing in the Puerto Rico Open this week. Ryan has completed his round at 70 for T14 this a.m.
    Great catch! The Puerto Rico Open is, in fact, a PGA Tour event:

Tournament details
    Date:Feb 25–28, 2021
    Course: Coco Beach Golf & Country Club
    Watch on:GOLF
    Purse: $3,000,000
    Sage Grouse

Correction: Blaum with a 69 opener, not 70...