Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Suri has had a tough time after physical setbacks set him back...

Streelman shot -2 (69) today and is T23. He missed multiple birdie putts in the 5 - 7 feet range.
    Bob Green

Kevin Streelman had a decent round at -2 69 and slipped a bit in the standings. He missed three putts of six feet or less; moreover, the majority of the putts made were less than two feet, including many of eight inches or less. Good putting, but the ball just didn't fall.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Streelman tees off #1 at 12:05 Eastern today. Hopefully, his putts will find the hole.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Streelman tees off #1 at 12:05 Eastern today. Hopefully, his putts will find the hole.
    They all will. Eventually.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Streelman shot -2 (69) today and is T19 with golfers still on the course. He had a very strong -4 (31) front nine before shooting +2 (38) on the back nine when he struggled to find the fairway off the tee.
    Bob Green

First look at Peddle Beach, Kevin, Adam, Ryan Blaum, and Wes Roach are in the field. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    First look at Peddle Beach, Kevin, Adam, Ryan Blaum, and Wes Roach are in the field. Nice!
    Glad to see Blaum and Roach get opportunities. With their “partial” status need to make the most of their chances.

Pebble Beach Thursday tee times:

Ryan Blaum, 12:47, Spyglass Hill #10
    Kevin Streelman, 12:58, Spyglass Hill #10
    Adam Long, 13:20, Spyglass Hill #10
    Wes Roach, 13:42, Spyglass Hill #10

All times Eastern.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Pebble Beach Thursday tee times:

Ryan Blaum, 12:47, Spyglass Hill #10
    Kevin Streelman, 12:58, Spyglass Hill #10
    Adam Long, 13:20, Spyglass Hill #10
    Wes Roach, 13:42, Spyglass Hill #10

All times Eastern.
    Streelman's out of luck. He and Larry Fitzgerald have won the tournament twice, but the Pro-Am is canceled for this year. Go get 'em Streels -- win this thing this year -- you were second in the pro event in 2020.

Tournament limited to Pebble and Spyglass this year because of the smaller field.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Are any of the former Duke golfers invited to The Masters this April ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Are any of the former Duke golfers invited to The Masters this April ?
    It's typical Duke golf thing. The catch-all category is "Top 50" in the world under the OWGR. Streelman is #59, and Adam Long is #62. In other words, just outside the Top 50 and hoping for a couple of good tournaments before April -- maybe a win.

There may be other criteria that apply, but I'm not sure. Adam's last win was two years ago (Desert Classic), but that may not apply.
    Sage Grouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    It's typical Duke golf thing. The catch-all category is "Top 50" in the world under the OWGR. Streelman is #59, and Adam Long is #62. In other words, just outside the Top 50 and hoping for a couple of good tournaments before April -- maybe a win.

There may be other criteria that apply, but I'm not sure. Adam's last win was two years ago (Desert Classic), but that may not apply.
    If you are outside of the top 50 and not a pretty recent winner on tour (or at least come close in a major), you probably ain't playing at Augusta.

Qualifications for 2021 Masters Invitation
    • Masters Tournament Champions (Lifetime)
    • US Open Champions (Honorary, non-competing after 5 years)
    • British Open Champions (Honorary, non-competing after 5 years)
    • PGA Champions (Honorary, non-competing after 5 years)
    • Winners of The Players Championship (Three years)
    • Current Olympic Gold Medalist (One year)
    • Current US Amateur Champion (Honorary, non-competing after 1 year) and the runner-up to the current US Amateur Champion
    • Current British Amateur Champion (Honorary, non-competing after 1 year)
    • Current Asia-Pacific Amateur Champion
    • Current Latin America Amateur Champion
    • Current US Mid-Amateur Champion
    • The first 12 players, including ties, in the previous year's Masters Tournament
    • The first 4 players, including ties, in the previous year's US Open Championship
    • The first 4 players, including ties, in the previous year's British Open Championship
    • The first 4 players, including ties, in the previous year's PGA Championship
    • Winners of PGA Tour events that award a full-point allocation for the season-ending Tour Championship, from previous Masters to current Masters
    • Those qualifying for the previous year's season-ending Tour Championship
    • The 50 leaders on the Final Official World Golf Ranking for the previous calendar year
    • The 50 leaders on the Official World Golf Ranking published during the week prior to the current Masters Tournament
    -Jason "Streels and Long both barely missed qualifying for the Tour Championship last year... that would have gotten them in" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

First-round results are (almost) in for the Duke players in the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am. Streelman is at -3 T-32; Wes Roach is at -2 through 17; Adam Long finished at even par, T-75. Ryan Blaum at +2 is down the leader board. All played Spyglass Hill, which was the tougher course today. Tomorrow they move to Pebble.

Go Duke!
    Sage Grouse

Friday tee times:

Ryan Blaum, 11:30 #1
    Kevin Streelman, 11:41 #1
    Adam Long, 12:03 #1
    Wes Roach, 12:25 #1

All times Eastern at Pebble Beach Golf Links.
    Bob Green

Kevin Streelman shot Even par (72) today and remains -3 for the tournament. Wes Roach shot -1 (71) and is -2 overall. Both will be playing the weekend.

Adam Long and Ryan Blaum will miss the cut.
    Bob Green

Saturday tee times:

Kevin Streelman, 11:14 #10
    Wes Roach, 12:09, #10

Eastern time.
    Bob Green

Wind is going to be a factor today at Pebble Beach:

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyho...951d7c5f0b191e

Forecast calls for conditions to worsen in the afternoon so morning golfers could have an opportunity to gain ground on the leaderboard.
    Bob Green

Streelman shoots -4 on the back nine (his first nine) with birdies on 13, 14, 15 and 18. He is currently T15 at -7. On to the front nine...
    Bob Green

Streelman shoots -5 (67) today to improve to -8 for the tournament. A bogey free round for Streelman. He is currently T13.
    Bob Green