Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Streelman is off to a horrible start going +3 through first five holes: bogey, birdie, bogey, bogey, bogey.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Leona 3 down with 3 to go came close, but finished 2nd to Korda.
    Saw the last hole. Leona missed the eagle putt then the birdie but great exposure and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Streelman is off to a horrible start going +3 through first five holes: bogey, birdie, bogey, bogey, bogey.
    Streelman steadied the ship and is +2 for the day and +1 for the tournament, tied for 20th. For the field, I've never seen so many missed puts inside 25 feet before, and the scores reflect that. Those greens must be rough due to the drought.

Streelman checks in at #4 in these Travelers Championship power rankings:

https://www.pgatour.com/power-rankin...highlands.html
    Bob Green

This week our guys playing are Adam Long and Kevin Streelman at the Travelers, Max Greyserman in the Maine Open, and Julian Suri in Munich, Germany. Also noticed that Adrien Pendaries ('21?) is entered in the European Challenge Tour.

Streelman checks in at #4 in these Travelers Championship power rankings:

https://www.pgatour.com/power-rankin...highlands.html
    Excellent! I believe this ranking is just for the Travelers Championship. He's boosted by his previous win of the tournament in 2014 and his recent string of Top 20 performances on the tour. He's due for another win sometime soon!

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    This week our guys playing are Adam Long and Kevin Streelman at the Travelers, Max Greyserman in the Maine Open, and Julian Suri in Munich, Germany. Also noticed that Adrien Pendaries ('21?) is entered in the European Challenge Tour.
    And a huge entourage (7) of Duke ladies playing in the this weeks LPGA major.

Thursday tee times:

Kevin Streelman, 07:05 #10
    Adam Long, 13:20 #10
    Bob Green

Kevin Streelman shot a -3 (67) this morning and is currently T14 with lots of afternoon golfers still on the course. He was -5 through 15 holes before bogeys on 7 and 8. He finished his round with a par on 9.

Adam Long is +2 through five holes.
    Bob Green

Neither Streelman nor Long will be playing the weekend. Streelman three putted from 8 feet on 15 for a bogey then promptly hit his tee shot in the water on 16 and double bogeyed the hole.
    Bob Green

Celine Boutier got a lot of TV exposure today, playing in the last group of the LPGA Championship with Salas and Korda. She sits 5 strokes back of both in a tie for third going into the final round tomorrow. Since she had sole third after two rounds, I assume she will not be in the last group in the final round.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Celine Boutier got a lot of TV exposure today, playing in the last group of the LPGA Championship with Salas and Korda. She sits 5 strokes back of both in a tie for third going into the final round tomorrow. Since she had sole third after two rounds, I assume she will not be in the last group in the final round.
    I think that the first finisher in the tie for 3rd will be in the last group.

Celine finishes T7 and Leona T15 at the LPGA Championship. Impressive performances!

Celine had a bit of a rough day by her standards, shooting 75 today, but finishing in a tie for seventh at a major championship is quite an accomplishment.

Adam Long will play this week at the Rocket Mortgage in Detroit. The Korn Ferry is off this week. Also the PGA has started the Forme Tour for aspiring young pros and this week Alex Smalley ('19) is playing. At the end of the Tour Schedule the top five will gain Korn Ferry status.

Adam Long has work to do today. He shot +1 (73) yesterday with the projected cut currently at -2. He tees off #1 at 12:40.
    Bob Green

Adam Long finished at +5 which is 8 shots below the projected cutline of -3. He gets the weekend off.
    Bob Green

Adam Long finished at +5 which is 8 shots below the projected cutline of -3. He gets the weekend off.
    He’s had some of those recently.

Wouldn't be that bad for me.

Hey how'd you play.

Man, I birdied number two.

Quote Originally Posted by dball View Post
    Wouldn't be that bad for me.

Hey how'd you play.

Man, I birdied number two.
    Hey, I played awful on men's day -- near the bottom of the standings. But I won "closest to the pin" with my only good shot. Made money.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013