Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Blaum is really struggling. Think he has only made one cut this year. Hope he can turn it around soon.

Adam Long tees off at 10:40 Eastern today. He is T39 at -5.
    Bob Green

Leona shot an incredible 61 (best round today by 3 shots) in the Evian tourney in France (think it’s a major on LPGA tour). She finished 6th and Brittany Lang finished 12th, her best tourney in a while.

Solid tournament for Adam Long, 70,68,70,68. Expect he will in up in the high 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Leona shot an incredible 61 (best round today by 3 shots) in the Evian tourney in France (think it’s a major on LPGA tour). She finished 6th and Brittany Lang finished 12th, her best tourney in a while.
    Tied for best round ever shot at a major. Phenomemal.

While golf interest this week is in the competition in Tokyo two of our guys are playing in the fledgling Forme Tour. Alex Smalley is T8 and Matt Oshrine is T5 after three rounds in Indiana (event started Wed.). Top five players for the short tour season move up to the Korn Ferry.

Smalley finished T13 and I believe he is #11 on the top five Order of Merit. Oshrine finished T35.

This week has the WGC (FedEx-St Jude) (no Duke players) and the Barracuda (Tahoe) (Wes Roach). Max Greyserman plays in the Utah Championship along with Chandler Eaton who is a Monday qualifier.

Women's Golf Pairings and Tee Times -- Tues. Night

Here are the tee times for Duke (BF) and USA (U/L) golfers. Times listed as ET. Coverage is on on the Golf Channel.

6:52 p.m. Leona Maguire, Bianca Pagdanganan, Matilda Castren
    7:25 p.m. Brooke Henderson, Lexi Thompson, Yuka Saso
    9:03 p.m. Jessica Korda, Celine Boutier, Gaby Lopez
    9:36 p.m. Danielle Kang, Hannah Green, Sei Young Kim

Not sure I have all the USA golfers.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Olympics -- Leona Making a Move?

Leona Maguire, who was even par on day 1, is making a move in the second round. She is -3 thru eight holes and has birdied four of the last five. Leona is T-15 at the moment.

Celine is -3 today thru 16 and T-27 at -1.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

USA team includes both the Korda sisters, Jessica and Nelly, who also happens to be the current leader.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Leona Maguire, who was even par on day 1, is making a move in the second round. She is -3 thru eight holes and has birdied four of the last five. Leona is T-15 at the moment.

Celine is -3 today thru 16 and T-27 at -1.
    Two freaky things -- one bad and one mysterious:

Last night, Leona was tearing up the course at -4 through eight holes. She was in 5th place at -8, and I could certainly imagine a medal if she continued her hot pace. Than, at the par-four 9th, she made a seven. Triple ugh!!! Leona finished at -5 and in 18th place.

Second freaky thing -- if it rains today, as expected, and the golfers cannot complete their rounds -- then "respect for the integrity of the competition" requires that the medals go to the leaders at the end of the third round. The Olympic authorities will not extend the competition for another day (or two) to complete a 72-hole match. kinda like "geezer golf" -- 54 hole tournaments. Good grief! Good news, I suppose, for the USA's Nelly Korda, who would win gold, but surpassingly weird to me.
    Sage Grouse

Not much good to say about the guys. Wes Roach missed the cut in the Barracuda and Max Greyserman and Chandler Eaton missed out as well in the Utah Championships. Only Matt Oshrine is playing today (67,68). He got in the event as an alternate.

How about Matt Oshrine. He shot a final round of 63 (67,68,66,63) with an eagle, seven birdies, and only one bogey. Has to be his best event as a pro.

Any Dukies playing in the U.S.Amateur this week at Oakmont ?

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    How about Matt Oshrine. He shot a final round of 63 (67,68,66,63) with an eagle, seven birdies, and only one bogey. Has to be his best event as a pro.
    Matt Oshrine finished in a tie for 5th in the Utah championship on the Korn-Ferry Tour.
    Sage Grouse

Looks like Kevin Streelman, Adam Long, and Alex Smalley will play in Greensboro (Sedgefield) this week. Matt Oshrine and Max Greyserman are entered in the Korn Ferry event in Omaha.

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    Looks like Kevin Streelman, Adam Long, and Alex Smalley will play in Greensboro (Sedgefield) this week. Matt Oshrine and Max Greyserman are entered in the Korn Ferry event in Omaha.
    I believe Sedgefield CC was the site of the founding of the ACC approximately 60 years ago. A genuflection would suffice.
    Sage Grouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I believe Sedgefield CC was the site of the founding of the ACC approximately 60 years ago. A genuflection would suffice.
    Nearly 70 years ago, we’re all aging quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Nearly 70 years ago, we’re all aging quickly.
    Yeah. One day at a time.