Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Streelman shot +1 yesterday and is Even for the tournament tied for 45th. He tees off #10 at 11:20 Eastern today.
    Bob Green

A question for our avid golf fans. Has Pebble Beach been damaged due to the brutal storm that dumped heavy snow/rain in Northern California? One section of scenic PCH was washed away. Reno/Tahoe had snow measured in feet - not inches. Haven't seen/heard anything about the golf course. AT&T tourney is next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    A question for our avid golf fans. Has Pebble Beach been damaged due to the brutal storm that dumped heavy snow/rain in Northern California? One section of scenic PCH was washed away. Reno/Tahoe had snow measured in feet - not inches. Haven't seen/heard anything about the golf course. AT&T tourney is next week.
    This article says the three courses used for the tournament came through the storm relatively unscathed:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/sto...-atandt-pro-am
    Bob Green

Sidebar: If I didn’t know any better, I’d list Patrick Reed as “Tar Heels on the 2021 PGA Tour.”
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Streelman finishes the back nine strong with birdies on 16, 17 and 18. Now he needs to keep the streak going on the front nine.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Streelman finishes the back nine strong with birdies on 16, 17 and 18. Now he needs to keep the streak going on the front nine.
    Streelman birdied the final hole (12-footer) to shoot a -2 70. Now T-33.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Waste Management Phoenix Open in Scottsdale AZ commences today. Tee times:

Kevin Streelman, 10:40 Eastern #1

Adam Long, 14:20 Eastern, #10
    Bob Green

Streelman is at -2 thru 14. Interesting that Streels is averaging 317yds off the tee. Leaders are at -8. Adam Long just getting ready to start.

Streelman shot a -3 (68) today with five birdies and two bogeys. He is currently T11 but the afternoon golfers are just getting started.

A solid RD 1.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Streelman shot a -3 (68) today with five birdies and two bogeys. He is currently T11 but the afternoon golfers are just getting started.

A solid RD 1.
    Adam Long has some work to do. He finished at +1, T-87 as of now. He will need -3 or so to make the cut.

Streels is now T-21 with a whole herd of turtles (18 others), heading into the second round.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Friday Tee Times:

Adam Long, 10:00 Eastern #1

Kevin Streelman, 15:00 Eastern #10
    Bob Green

Adam Long is even thru 6 today. +1 for the tournament. Cut appears to be -1. Streelman is at -3 and doesnt tee off until 1pm

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Adam Long is even thru 6 today. +1 for the tournament. Cut appears to be -1. Streelman is at -3 and doesnt tee off until 1pm
    Adam finished at -3 and is at -2 for the tournament. He is T-56 and MAYBE that will be the cut line.

Streels ont he first hole right now.
    Sage Grouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Adam finished at -3 and is at -2 for the tournament. He is T-56 and MAYBE that will be the cut line.

Streels on the first hole right now.
    Unlike Duke LAX, Kevin Streelman is starting fast -- first two holes: birdie, birdie. At -5, T-19.
    Sage Grouse

Streelman shot -4 (67) today and is -7 for the tournament. He is currently T16.

Adam Long did not make the cut.
    Bob Green

Streelman tees off #1 at 11:49 Eastern for Round 3.
    Bob Green

Meanwhile Dustin leads after three rounds at the Saudi International. Others still playing after the cut are Finau, Garcia, DeChambeau, Fleetwood, Reed, Mickelson, among others, including our Julian Suri who is at T36 with solid rounds of 69,67,70.

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    Meanwhile Dustin leads after three rounds at the Saudi International. Others still playing after the cut are Finau, Garcia, DeChambeau, Fleetwood, Reed, Mickelson, among others, including our Julian Suri who is at T36 with solid rounds of 69,67,70.
    Will Julian Suri try to join PGA tour and/or can he gain exemptions to play here based on European status?

He seems to be a PGA tour level pro.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Will Julian Suri try to join PGA tour and/or can he gain exemptions to play here based on European status?

He seems to be a PGA tour level pro.
    Maybe a couple years ago but he has been pretty mediocre lately. He is currently 456th in the world rankings. This year, he has played in 2 European Tour events and missed the cut both times. Last year he played in 16 European Tour events and missed 8 cuts and failed to record even a single top 10 finish.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Maybe a couple years ago but he has been pretty mediocre lately. He is currently 456th in the world rankings. This year, he has played in 2 European Tour events and missed the cut both times. Last year he played in 16 European Tour events and missed 8 cuts and failed to record even a single top 10 finish.
    Oh, didn’t realize he’d fallen off that much. He’s only 29 and should be getting better, since golf is such a predictable sport🤫