Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Long with a really solid -1 today and will wind-up around 20th going into Sunday...
    Long with even par on front 9 - good enough to move up to 9th for now.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Long with even par on front 9 - good enough to move up to 9th for now.
    Long finished +3 on the round, +7 on the tourney which was good for T13 and a nice $210,757 payday.

Obviously, it is just the start of the season, but Kevin Streelman is 7th in the FedEx Cup standings while Adam Long is 24th. A very solid start for each of these guys.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Just checked the field for this week's PGA at Punta Cana and five former Duke golfers are entered. Wes Roach, Ryan Blaum, Adam Long, Alex Smalley, and Matt Oshrine. Five must be a Duke record for number of entries. Kevin is sitting this one out.

Adam Long on a Roll

In the Punta Cana Resort and Club Championship, Adam Long just completed a string of six consecutive birdies and is in third place at -9. Alex Smalley, who has finished his round, is T-10 at -7.

Ryan Blaum (-3) may miss the cut by one shot. Wes Roach and Matt Oshrine are out as well.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    In the Punta Cana Resort and Club Championship, Adam Long just completed a string of six consecutive birdies and is in third place at -9. Alex Smalley, who has finished his round, is T-10 at -7.

Ryan Blaum (-3) may miss the cut by one shot. Wes Roach and Matt Oshrine are out as well.
    Yep; Long is very hot, -10 with 6 holes left including a par 5. He has a shot at leading the tourney today (co-leaders finished @ -12).

Long in a 6-way tie for the lead at -12 through 7.

Long takes the outright lead at -16 on hole 13 and is 7 under for the day.

Long finishes at -17 with a two shot lead going into Sunday!

Not a good start for Long who is now 2 shots back after six holes, +1 on his round

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Not a good start for Long who is now 2 shots back after six holes, +1 on his round
    Ain't happenin' for Adam. +3 for the day and trails by four.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Ain't happenin' for Adam. +3 for the day and trails by four.
    Could not make a putt when he needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Could not make a putt when he needed to.
    You need 4 good rounds and he had two. Kind of like playing two good quarters of football.

Pocketed $164,000 though....

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    Pocketed $164,000 though...
    Plus $65,000 for Alex Smalley.

Ashamed to say I didn't watch the Corales PuntaCana event -- I was too busy watching my pro football teams embarrass themselves -- NY Giants (DJones), Washington, Denver.
    Sage Grouse

Am curious to know how Alex is qualified to play on the Tour, sponsor's exemption? Other? 2019 Duke grad I think.

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    Am curious to know how Alex is qualified to play on the Tour, sponsor's exemption? Other? 2019 Duke grad I think.
    He is on the Canadian Mackenzie Tour, which is owned by the PGA Tour. Perhaps he is somewhere on the pecking order for entry into main tour events. I would expect that playing in the D.R. in the time of coronavirus might create some openings.

Interesting bio info on Alex:
    Personal

Carries no more than two tees in his right pocket during a round.
    Loves to go to Disney World.
    Graduated with a 3.6 GPA from Duke University.
    First golf memory was hitting a rubber golf ball in his backyard in the snow in North Carolina.
    Sage Grouse

Sanderson Farms Championship

Adam Long, fresh off his 5th place finish at Corales Puntacana in the D.R., is playing this week at the Sanderson Farms Championship in Jackson, MS. He tees off at 1:06 CDT. I couldn't find anyone else from Duke.
    Sage Grouse

Blaum, Roach, and Max Greyserman are playing the Korn Ferry Tour this week. All three were T30 after yesterday's opening round in Savannah.

Adam Long, fresh off his 5th place finish at Corales Puntacana in the D.R., is playing this week at the Sanderson Farms Championship in Jackson, MS. He tees off at 1:06 CDT. I couldn't find anyone else from Duke.
    And reality set in for Adam, shooting a 74, 10 shots behind the first day leaders. Tough uphill battle for Adam to make the cut this week.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    And reality set in for Adam, shooting a 74, 10 shots behind the first day leaders. Tough uphill battle for Adam to make the cut this week.
    Adam was -2 for the first nine and needs to do at least as well on the second to make the cut.
    Sage Grouse