Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Streelman with eagle on 18 (his 9th hole):

https://www.pgatour.com/video/2021/0...-at-honda.html
    Bob Green

Adam shot 68 for T-13 and Kevin scored 69 for T-24 at the Honda. In the Korn-Ferry, Wes Roach would like to forget his 78 today, but our other Duke grad player Max Greyserman (D'17) led for a bit before ending at T-3 with a 67, and finally our guy in the European Tour Julian Suri scored well with a 66 for T-9. On to tomorrow....

A tidbit. Chase Koepka, Brooks' brother, is playing in the Honda and finished -1. He's a Duke fan. Like Brooks, his granddad is Dick Groat.

Just checked and Max finished T-1 when all finished.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gen View Post
    A tidbit. Chase Koepka, Brooks' brother, is playing in the Honda and finished -1. He's a Duke fan. Like Brooks, his granddad is Dick Groat.
    Not to nitpick, but Dick Groat is actually their great uncle, I think.

I’m not sure about Chase, but Brooks went to Florida State.

Streelman shot -3 (67) today to improve to -4 for the tournament. He is currently T9 with the afternoon golfers just getting started. Streelman made 7 birdies but also had two bogeys and a double.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Not to nitpick, but Dick Groat is actually their great uncle, I think.

I’m not sure about Chase, but Brooks went to Florida State.
    Chase went to South Florida and is a huge Duke basketball fan. Dick Groat is his great uncle. So you were correct.

Kevin Streelman tees off #1 at 12:35 today. He is T16 at -4.
    Bob Green

Except for Kevin it was not a good day for our guys. Adam was cut from the Honda and Wes Roach from the Korn-Ferry event. Max Greyserman survived but is T-47. And, Suri missed the cut in the European.

Streelman struggled today shooting +3 (73). He is currently T34 at -1. He had a bad stretch early going bogey, bogey, double bogey, bogey on holes 4 through 7.
    Bob Green

Streelman tees off #1 at 10:35 today. He needs a strong finish to move up the leaderboard and earn more $$ and FedEx Cup points.
    Bob Green

Streelman shot +2 (72) today so he was +5 for the weekend. Not the performance he needed to build Fedex Cup points.
    Bob Green

Lots of action coming this week. Kevin and Adam will compete in the WGC match play event in Austin and Ryan Blaum, Wes Roach, and Alex Smalley (D'19) will play in the DR at the Corales Puntacana Resort. The Korn Ferry has Max Greyserman and the European has Suri.

Tough matchups for our lads at the World Golf Championship - Dell Technologies Match Play Championships in Austin TX. But for now, Kevin Streelman is two-up after five holes over young Viktor Hovland. Adam Long tees off shortly against Dustin Johnson.

Go Duke!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Tough matchups for our lads at the World Golf Championship - Dell Technologies Match Play Championships in Austin TX. But for now, Kevin Streelman is two-up after five holes over young Viktor Hovland. Adam Long tees off shortly against Dustin Johnson.

Go Duke!
    Streels (#53) defeats Hovland (#13) four-and-two, making birdies on the last two holes.

DJ is two-up in Adam after seven holes.

I believe this is a round-robin event before eliminations.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Streelman plays Abraham Ancer tomorrow. Tee time is 11:53.
    Bob Green

Adam(#61)made a strong challenge to DJ(#1) only to lose 2 Up. He gets Kevin Na(#28) tomorrow@2:43,

Abraham Ancer defeated Kevin Streelman 2 & 1 today.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Abraham Ancer defeated Kevin Streelman 2 & 1 today.
    Hah!!! Not over yet, but Adam Long was two-up with two holes left. The tracer shows Adam hit his tee shot to three INCHES from the hole. We'll see, but looks like Adam wins.

Yep, Adam wins.

Both our lads are 1-1-0 through two matches.
    Sage Grouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Hah!!! Not over yet, but Adam Long was two-up with two holes left. The tracer shows Adam hit his tee shot to three INCHES from the hole. We'll see, but looks like Adam wins.

Yep, Adam wins.

Both our lads are 1-1-0 through two matches.
    Adam and Kevin need help. In Adam's group, he needs to win and then have Kevin Na beat top-seeded Dustin Johnson (1-0-1). If those two things happen, he advances. At even odds in each match, his chance of advancing is 0.25.

Kevin needs to win and have Viktor Hovland beat Abraham Ancer. If both happen there would be a sudden-death playoff tomorrow between Streels and Ancer. His chance of advancing is more like 0.125.
    Sage Grouse