Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I still include Mini Harigae and she’s -1 if I recall (10th place approx).
    I just relied on who GoDuke.com listed in its press release.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I just relied on who GoDuke.com listed in its press release.
    She swung a club or two for Duke but didn't stay a whole year. From Jan. 10, 2009:

DURHAM, N.C. Duke University head women's golf coach Dan Brooks announced on Saturday that freshman Mina Harigae has left the program to focus on her aspirations of turning professional in 2009.

“Mina is an exceptional golfer and we wish her all the best in her future,” said Brooks. ”If she works hard, she should have a very bright career in professional golf.”

Harigae, a native of Monterey, Calif., appeared in three tournaments during the fall for Duke as she notched a 71.13 stroke average, two top five and three top 20 finishes. A member of the 2008 U.S. Curtis Cup team, Harigae won the 2007 Women's Amateur Public Links (WAPL) Championship and played in the 2007 U.S. Women's Open in Pinehurst, N.C. She was also a three-time first team Rolex Junior All-America, three-time member of the Canon Cup West Team and two-time winner on the AJGA.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    She swung a club or two for Duke but didn't stay a whole year. From Jan. 10, 2009:
    So somewhere between Shaun Livingston and Kyrie Irving.

Updated scoring :
    Boutier is +1 thru 4 today and +3 total
    Lang. +3. 8. +5
    Belac. +1. 2. +6
    Yu Liu. +2. 10. +7

Cutline is now looking like +4

So somewhere between Shaun Livingston and Kyrie Irving.
    Haha; great comparison. I rarely go to GoDuke since better up/to/date info on DBR.

Mina Harigae made the cut at +2, but the other four MC’d.

Kevin Streelman and Adam Long are playing at The American Express in La Quinta, CA this week.

https://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard.html

Streelman is -2 through five holes and Long is -2 through seven holes.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Kevin Streelman and Adam Long are playing at The American Express in La Quinta, CA this week.

Both finished at -4, now T-18.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Both finished at -4, now T-18.
    Adam Long overcame a triple-bogey to post a -2 in the second round and make the cut at -6, T-26.

Streels had a rather dismal 76 and is not playing this weekend.
    Sage Grouse

This week’s stop on the PGA Tour is the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines. Kevin Streelman tees of #10 (North) at 13:30 Eastern time.
    Bob Green

This week’s stop on the PGA Tour is the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines. Kevin Streelman tees of #10 (North) at 13:30 Eastern time.
    Kevin shot -4 today with no bogeys and, as of now, is T-21. The North Course had lower scores, as usual -- but Streels is in the top 20 percent of those playing the course. Leaders are at -8.

By the way, one of the few PGA tour locations I have played. Remember best the signs that said, "WARNING: Don't go into the rough -- RATTLESNAKES!"

Go Duke!
    Last edited by sagegrouse; 01-28-2021 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Snake sign
    Sage Grouse

By the way, one of the few PGA tour locations I have played. Remember best the signs that said, "WARNING: Don't go into the rough -- RATTLESNAKES!"
    I’ve also played Torrey Pines. Hit several balls into snake territory and did not go after them. Pretty easy to grab a new ball out of my bag.
    Bob Green

Streelman tees off #1 at 12:20 Eastern. He plays the South course in RD 2.
    Bob Green

Something to keep track of all season long... FedEx Cup standings: https://www.pgatour.com/fedexcup/off...standings.html

Adam Long is currently #29 and Kevin Streelman is #67. Both guys came tantalizingly close to making the top 30 last year and playing in the very lucrative Tour Championship event. I am sure that is their goal this season.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Kevin Streelman shot +3 today and makes the cut at -1. He will play golf this weekend.
    Bob Green

Kevin shot -4 today with no bogeys and, as of now, is T-21. The North Course had lower scores, as usual -- but Streels is in the top 20 percent of those playing the course. Leaders are at -8.

Go Duke!
    I’ve never actually seen a rattlesnake at Torrey Pines or any of the other local courses, but we did see one at nearby Torrey Pines State Park. I think the signs are a bit of CYA, but definitely something to be aware of before trying to find that ball.

Snakes or no snakes, I lose a lot of golf balls on that course.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I’ve never actually seen a rattlesnake at Torrey Pines or any of the other local courses, but we did see one at nearby Torrey Pines State Park. I think the signs are a bit of CYA, but definitely something to be aware of before trying to find that ball.

Snakes or no snakes, I lose a lot of golf balls on that course.
    Many, many years ago I saw a t-shirt that read, “It takes a lot of balls to golf like I do.” I regret to this day not buying it on the spot.

And Torrey Pines isn’t alone. From the Phoenician in Scottsdale:

DB13D565-F1C0-49EF-B2B2-E127680077AD.jpg

Streelman tees off #10 at 11:20 Eastern. Rounds 3 and 4 everyone plays South Course.
    Bob Green

Streelman tees off #10 at 11:20 Eastern. Rounds 3 and 4 everyone plays South Course.
    After a rough stretch yesterday on the back 9, he birdied 18 to make the cut.

Many, many years ago I saw a t-shirt that read, “It takes a lot of balls to golf like I do.” I regret to this day not buying it on the spot.

And Torrey Pines isn’t alone. From the Phoenician in Scottsdale:

DB13D565-F1C0-49EF-B2B2-E127680077AD.jpg
    It’s one thing to have a sign, it’s another to mean it. This is from Twin Warriors, a course I play often, outside of Albuquerque.
    7F895D46-C776-426A-A6E5-A6604BD7B61D.jpg
    This guy was about 4 and a half feet and as thick as a coke can. I worked at the sister course down the road when it opened 25 years ago. Those two course have a lot of snakes but this is the biggest rattler I have seen.

By the way, that’s on the tee box.
    Last edited by nmduke2001; 01-30-2021 at 10:31 PM.