Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Sreels was having a really nice round until he drove his tee shot into the creek on #18, making double bogey. He remains at -1 and is T-26.
    Play at Quail Hollow got so dicey on Friday that Bryson DeChambeau, sitting 90th when he finished (65 and ties make the cut), boarded his jet and returned to Dallas, only to find that he had actually made the cut. He hurried back before dawn and had a nice round today.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Play at Quail Hollow got so dicey on Friday that Bryson DeChambeau, sitting 90th when he finished (65 and ties make the cut), boarded his jet and returned to Dallas, only to find that he had actually made the cut. He hurried back before dawn and had a nice round today.
    Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Streelman tees off at 10:55 this morning. He is T23. The double bogey on 18 cost him 10 spots.
    Bob Green

Streelman shot +1 (72) today and is T32.
    Bob Green

The tour heads to McKinney, Tx, (Dallas suburb) this week for the Byron Nelson. Ryan Blaum and Wes Roach will play. Kevin and Adam will skip this one. Max will play again in the Korn Ferry event this week in Knoxville. He is 44 now in The 25 target chase. Julian Suri is in the field in The European tourney back in England. Suri has made the cut in four of the last five events.

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    The tour heads to McKinney, Tx, (Dallas suburb) this week for the Byron Nelson. Ryan Blaum and Wes Roach will play. Kevin and Adam will skip this one. Max will play again in the Korn Ferry event this week in Knoxville. He is 44 now in The 25 target chase. Julian Suri is in the field in The European tourney back in England. Suri has made the cut in four of the last five events.
    The good news for Bryson DeChambeau is that he could misjudge the cut again and not have to book a flight -- he lives in Dallas.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

The good news for Bryson DeChambeau is that he could misjudge the cut again and not have to book a flight -- he lives in Dallas.
    That was funny, but to his credit he flew back and made his Saturday morning tee time. Think some pros would have blown it off.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    That was funny, but to his credit he flew back and made his Saturday morning tee time. Think some pros would have blown it off.
    And he played his butt off over the weekend, going from almost cut to finishing 9th. He earned $228,825. Really impressive.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

AT&T Byron Nelson

Byron Nelson tournament is being played at TPC Craig Ranch in McKinney TX, just north of Dallas. The field includes Ryan Blaum, even par after 13, and Wes Roach, -1 after eight holes.

Neither Adam Long nor Streels is playing.

Note that the LPGA resumes next week in Williamsburg, VA -- taking a week off after the Thailand event.
    Sage Grouse

Byron Nelson tournament is being played at TPC Craig Ranch in McKinney TX, just north of Dallas. The field includes Ryan Blaum, even par after 13, and Wes Roach, -1 after eight holes.

Note that the LPGA resumes next week in Williamsburg, VA -- taking a week off after the Thailand event.
    Wes Roach finished the first round at -4 and, as of now, is T-35. Ryan Blaum is T-97 at -1.
    Sage Grouse

Byron Nelson was a great golfer and an ambassador for the game of golf. He had 64 professional wins with 52 of them on the PGA Tour. His greatest year was 1945 in which he won 18 tournaments. 11 of those in a row. Tiger Woods compared that to Joe DiMaggio's 56 game hit streak. Byron won the Masters in 1937 & 1942. He won the PGA Championship in 1949 & 1945. Sam Snead, Ben Hogan and Byron were born 7 months of each other. Those were 3 of the best golfers in the history of golf. I never heard or saw anything negative about Mr. Nelson. He was a gentleman.

In the Korn Ferry in Knoxville Max Greyserman shot 64 for T3. And in England Suri is T26 and made the cut (the tournament began on Wed.)
    Will pull for Roach to challenge tomorrow in Texas as he is only five strokes behind the leader. Blaum at T116 has a long way to go.

Wes Roach finished the first round at -4 and, as of now, is T-35. Ryan Blaum is T-97 at -1.
    Wes Roach made the cut on the number at -6 and will get a paycheck. Ryan Blaum missed the cut.
    Sage Grouse

Max Greyserman in Knoxville deserves lots of plaudits. He shot 64,68,68,64 to finish T4 and now is 31 on The 25 quest.

Next up, the PGA on Kiawah. Kevin Streelman and Adam Long will play.

Thursday tee times:

Adam Long, 07:00 #1
    Kevin Streelman, 13:42 #10
    Bob Green

Adam Long is off to a good start in the PGA, now at Minus 1 after 16 holes.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Adam Long is off to a good start in the PGA, now at Minus 1 after 16 holes.
    Adam bogeyed the most difficult 18 and ended at even par. Even par will make the cut plus a lot of money for the week. Streels yet to tee off.
    Sage Grouse

Kevin Streelman navigates the back nine at -1 and is T13 headed to Tee Box 1.
    Bob Green

Both players doing well. I think the leaders are at 3 under. Not an easy course at all and when the wind blows it gets even harder.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust