Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I have to fill out my RB and Flex spots with two of Corey Davis, Gus Edwards, JK Dobbins, or Phillip Lindsay. Wish me luck!
    It seems you did quite well with any of those two players. Fulgham did ok for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    It seems you did quite well with any of those two players. Fulgham did ok for me.
    I sure did. Left Davis on the bench unfortunately, but still did enough to win (with a terrible score, admittedly, but luckly my opponent did worse with Zeke, Lockette, and a few other duds).

Need a big day from Tom Brady and a tolerable day from the NYG offense to get the win. Down 10 and facing the TB defense with TB12 going for me.

I am regretting my decision not to claim Davis, Edwards, or Zack Moss off waivers yesterday morning. They will not fall to me Wednesday, regardless of whether I wind up 5-3 or 6-2 after this week.

That said, I'm excited that Phillip Lindsay is establishing himself again. I was able to get him off waivers as a panicky owner cut him when he went out early in the season. My concern was that he and Gordon would cannibalize each other once he got back (I also have Gordon). But now if feels like I may have a workhorse and his valuable handcuff as opposed to two mediocre options in a split timeshare. Which is key because I lost Barkley for the season and Ekeler indefinitely.

I sure did. Left Davis on the bench unfortunately, but still did enough to win (with a terrible score, admittedly, but luckly my opponent did worse with Zeke, Lockette, and a few other duds).
    I had Davis on my bench as well but had one of those days where most of my guys did well. Two trades I turned down this week:

I get: Zeke, Amari Cooper
    I give: D.Adams, L.Bell

Note I'm a Washington fan and the Cowboys are on the road to nowhere. The guy was fishing for a sucker and I wasn't drinking Friday night.

I get: Josh Allen, Mike Evans
    I give: Ryan Tannehill, Keenan Allen

I think Josh Allen is solid but he's trying to sell high here. Josh had huge numbers the first couple of weeks and cooled off (still good). Tannehill seems to be solid and improving. I think Mike Evans is incredibly talented but he does tend to get injured and I think he's going to be sharing catches a good bit (especially with AB in the mix next week - plus I picked up AB!).

So I turned them both down. I think I did the right with both, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Need a big day from Tom Brady and a tolerable day from the NYG offense to get the win. Down 10 and facing the TB defense with TB12 going for me.

I am regretting my decision not to claim Davis, Edwards, or Zack Moss off waivers yesterday morning. They will not fall to me Wednesday, regardless of whether I wind up 5-3 or 6-2 after this week.

That said, I'm excited that Phillip Lindsay is establishing himself again. I was able to get him off waivers as a panicky owner cut him when he went out early in the season. My concern was that he and Gordon would cannibalize each other once he got back (I also have Gordon). But now if feels like I may have a workhorse and his valuable handcuff as opposed to two mediocre options in a split timeshare. Which is key because I lost Barkley for the season and Ekeler indefinitely.
    I drafted Lindsay, then dropped and re-added him several times (I didn't want to, but it was either drop Lindsay or leave a starting spot empty) and luckily now own him again in all 3 of my leagues. Don't forget Gordon will most likely be facing some kind of suspension later this season.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I had Davis on my bench as well but had one of those days where most of my guys did well. Two trades I turned down this week:

Note I'm a Washington fan and the Cowboys are on the road to nowhere. The guy was fishing for a sucker and I wasn't drinking Friday night.

I think Josh Allen is solid but he's trying to sell high here. Josh had huge numbers the first couple of weeks and cooled off (still good). Tannehill seems to be solid and improving. I think Mike Evans is incredibly talented but he does tend to get injured and I think he's going to be sharing catches a good bit (especially with AB in the mix next week - plus I picked up AB!).

Yeah, I speculatively picked up Antonio Brown a couple of weeks ago. Reports are (grain of salt, I know) that he's looked really good in practice, and he's the type of route runner that Brady loves. So I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm usually an RB-strong guy, but thanks to draft position and injuries I'm relying heavily on WRs this year: Hopkins, AJ Brown, Fuller, Higgins, and Antonio Brown, with Deebo Samuel back on my IR. Hoping that Lindsay takes off and James Robinson stays relevant, and that Ekeler returns well or Jackson maintains his value in place of Ekeler.

Yeah, I speculatively picked up Antonio Brown a couple of weeks ago. Reports are (grain of salt, I know) that he's looked really good in practice, and he's the type of route runner that Brady loves. So I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm usually an RB-strong guy, but thanks to draft position and injuries I'm relying heavily on WRs this year: Hopkins, AJ Brown, Fuller, Higgins, and Antonio Brown, with Deebo Samuel back on my IR. Hoping that Lindsay takes off and James Robinson stays relevant, and that Ekeler returns well or Jackson maintains his value in place of Ekeler.
    I have Hopkins and AJ Brown, with Fulgham(bye) and Diontae Johnson on my bench. I'm trying to drop Johnson and pick up Aiyuk off waivers tonight. My RBs are: Gurley, Haskins, Edmonds, J. Williams and Aaron Jones. I have Ekeler on IR but he's not coming back anytime soon. I'm afraid to drop Williams as Jones has been out longer than expected. I will be watching Moss and Dobbins as adds off the waiver wire. This week I have a game against a guy that's not paying much attention to his lineup and I'm highly favored but next week I play against an opponent that scored 181 points this past week. He has D. Cook and P. Mahomes who lit it up.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post

Good job on turning those deals down. D. Adams is one of the best WRs in the NFL. K. Allen is a very good WR as well and Josh Allen is highly dependent on running the ball.

GoWashington and GoDuke!

Quick trade advice?

Ive been offered Mark Andrews and Carlos Hyde for David Johnson.

Half ppr and my other tight ends are Hurst and Goedert. My other rbs are Kamara, Conner, Hunt, Freeman, Bernard, and Mattison.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Ive been offered Mark Andrews and Carlos Hyde for David Johnson.

Half ppr and my other tight ends are Hurst and Goedert. My other rbs are Kamara, Conner, Hunt, Freeman, Bernard, and Mattison.
    This trade is essentially just Andrews for David Johnson. If Carson is healthy, Hyde doesn't play enough to warrant a start.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    This trade is essentially just Andrews for David Johnson. If Carson is healthy, Hyde doesn't play enough to warrant a start.
    Yeah I'm not factoring him in. The trade is essentially is my depth at rb worth losing to upgrade tight end.

***Same owner sent another trade with Lamar and Andrews for Kamara
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Yeah I'm not factoring him in. The trade is essentially is my depth at rb worth losing to upgrade tight end.

***Same owner sent another trade with Lamar and Andrews for Kamara
    Lamar and Andrews for Kamara is ridiculous.

Andrews for Johnson is worth considering, but I probably wouldn't do it. Hopefully Andrews bounces back, but he has been underperforming big all year. David Johnson at least has a floor. Andrews might not even actually be an upgrade for you if he doesn't get going soon (Hurst has been decent and Goedert is a strong play especially if Ertz is out).

I am having a terrible season, but if Mark Andrews score even with Allen Robinson (one league) and Adam Thielen can be held under 14.9 pounds (in another league) I can pull off the sweep this week (probably the first time that happened all season).

Well my Fantasy Football team has won two games in a row. That's the good news. The BAD NEWS is my opponent beat me to the waiver wire and picked up Saints tight end/QB Tysum Hill. So for as long as he's listed by ESPN as a TE/QB this guy can play 2 quarterbacks in games. I asked our league manager about it and he said he did the same thing in 2 other leagues. No way I make the playoff. 2021 can't come quick enough. Good luck elvis and Acey. I hope you picked him up if your league allowed it.

Well my Fantasy Football team has won two games in a row. That's the good news. The BAD NEWS is my opponent beat me to the waiver wire and picked up Saints tight end/QB Tysum Hill. So for as long as he's listed by ESPN as a TE/QB this guy can play 2 quarterbacks in games. I asked our league manager about it and he said he did the same thing in 2 other leagues. No way I make the playoff. 2021 can't come quick enough. Good luck elvis and Acey. I hope you picked him up if your league allowed it.
    I have heard ESPN's justification for not removing the TE tag, and personally I think it is nonsense. That said, given that they aren't removing it (yet) he is obviously a great play at TE this week (although he could still lay a stinker and only end up scoring 5-10 points so all hope isn't lost for you yet!)

All my leagues are Yahoo and he has been listed at QB all year (honestly the TE designation for him seems a little weird to me even before now).

I keep shooting myself in the foot with boneheaded lineup decisions (left Jefferson on my bench last week). I have a decent chance at the playoffs in 2 leagues, and a slim chance (need to win 3 of the last 4) in the third (which is the one where I benched Jefferson, had I started him I'd have won last week and be sitting in a much better position).

I have heard ESPN's justification for not removing the TE tag, and personally I think it is nonsense. That said, given that they aren't removing it (yet) he is obviously a great play at TE this week (although he could still lay a stinker and only end up scoring 5-10 points so all hope isn't lost for you yet!)

All my leagues are Yahoo and he has been listed at QB all year (honestly the TE designation for him seems a little weird to me even before now).

I keep shooting myself in the foot with boneheaded lineup decisions (left Jefferson on my bench last week). I have a decent chance at the playoffs in 2 leagues, and a slim chance (need to win 3 of the last 4) in the third (which is the one where I benched Jefferson, had I started him I'd have won last week and be sitting in a much better position).
    Had I been as smart as my opponent I would have picked him up before he did. On another front, I picked up Andre Sweet last week and he practically won my match for me. Then this week he get's a concussion in practice and is out for this week and probably next Thursday as well. The beat goes on.

Oh! I pulled off a deadline-day trade to pick up Jamison Crowder (sent off Fournette), so now I am a proud owner of Jamison in all three of my leagues! Not a huge deal fantasy-wise, but fun for me.

Had I been as smart as my opponent I would have picked him up before he did. On another front, I picked up Andre Sweet last week and he practically won my match for me. Then this week he get's a concussion in practice and is out for this week and probably next Thursday as well. The beat goes on.
    I must have been half asleep when I made this post. It's De'Andre Swift not the guy I mentioned.

My team is lurking at 6-4 (gonna be 6-5 after this week). Hoping that Ekeler's return next week buoys me somewhat, as the loss of Barkley is really an anchor on my team.

Mike Davis has helped a bunch as a fill-in, but that's going to disappear again soon. James Robinson, Brady, and my WRs have carried me: Hopkins, AJ Brown, Fuller, and Higgins have been studs, and I'm hopeful Antonio Brown becomes useful as his route rate increases (he's run under 40 routes in both of his games to date).

I was able to pick up Ertz off waivers as he is almost ready to come off IR, so hopefully he gives me a boost down the stretch. If Ekeler can step up and replace Davis when McCaffrey returns, maybe I can get hot in the playoffs. But yeah, rough year.

My team is lurking at 6-4 (gonna be 6-5 after this week). Hoping that Ekeler's return next week buoys me somewhat, as the loss of Barkley is really an anchor on my team.

Mike Davis has helped a bunch as a fill-in, but that's going to disappear again soon. James Robinson, Brady, and my WRs have carried me: Hopkins, AJ Brown, Fuller, and Higgins have been studs, and I'm hopeful Antonio Brown becomes useful as his route rate increases (he's run under 40 routes in both of his games to date).

I was able to pick up Ertz off waivers as he is almost ready to come off IR, so hopefully he gives me a boost down the stretch. If Ekeler can step up and replace Davis when McCaffrey returns, maybe I can get hot in the playoffs. But yeah, rough year.
    I'm also looking for Ekeler can help me out. I'm worried the coach might ease him back into the lead role. However, the replacement guys(Kelly and Jackson) have been really inconsistent. Ballage hasn't been terrible. I'm down 3 points to my opponent and have Rams defense and Devine White, LB for the Bucs in the game tonight. He has Ronald Jones. According to ESPN I'm supposed to lose by 2 points. He had 2 QBs because ESPN has Hill as a QB/TE. The only reason I have a chance is because his 2nd QB, Joe Burrow was injured in the game yesterday and only scored 15 points. But on the other hand, Gurley only got me 3 points yesterday.