Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    My roster has 4 guys on IR. Devante Adams as Questionable (after missing Sunday). Juju SS - who's game will be cancelled due to Covid and my kicker is listed as doubtful.
    Oh yeah, I also have Tannehil and Corey Davis. So that's 9 for me this week.

Yeah this is why I was really strict this year on only getting 1 tight end, 1 defense, 1 qb, and 1 kicker in our draft and got all 4 in the last 5 rounds. Gave me tons of depth thankfully.

RBs: Kamara, Conner, David Johnson, Hunt, Freeman, Mattison, and Hyde

Wrs: Tyreek, Woods, Boyd, and Lazard

Wrs are so easy to replace I always try for a ton of rbs.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Only tip I can give to help plan ahead for covid related stuff is after your waivers pass, drop your kicker and defense until just before the games on Sunday. Use those 2 open slots to grab guys who could help you if someone can't play. Its the easiest way to get ahead of your league mates on replacements last minute since you had those guys since Wednesday (our waivers pass on Wednesday).

I honestly do this after the draft too. Immediately drop kicker and defense to grab handcuffs in case of injuries during preseason.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Only tip I can give to help plan ahead for covid related stuff is after your waivers pass, drop your kicker and defense until just before the games on Sunday. Use those 2 open slots to grab guys who could help you if someone can't play. Its the easiest way to get ahead of your league mates on replacements last minute since you had those guys since Wednesday (our waivers pass on Wednesday).

I honestly do this after the draft too. Immediately drop kicker and defense to grab handcuffs in case of injuries during preseason.
    I'm not a huge fan of this strategy. It only makes sense if there are several (like, at least 4) kickers/defenses available to add that are as good or better than the ones you're dropping. Easier in 10 team leagues, but maybe a little less likely in 12+ team leagues or if you have anyone who rosters multiple defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post

What if someone in your league pulls a Ruxin and picks up and drops every D and K in your league on Saturday, locking them on waivers until after the games?

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    What if someone in your league pulls a Ruxin and picks up and drops every D and K in your league on Saturday, locking them on waivers until after the games?
    On Yahoo, at least, if you add a player and then immediately drop them (on the same day, I think) they go back to being a free agent rather than through waivers, probably to prevent exactly this from occurring. Can't speak to other Fantasy sites.

I still maintain that doing this could easily cost you 7-12 points between your K and D spots, assuming the ones you had rostered were average or above average.

We made some adjustments to the defensive scoring in our league and nearly all teams go for negative points. I've stopped rostering one.

Started Jeudy last night and kept Crowder on the bench because I wasn't sure about his hamstring. Wish I would have started Crowder too.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    We made some adjustments to the defensive scoring in our league and nearly all teams go for negative points. I've stopped rostering one.

Started Jeudy last night and kept Crowder on the bench because I wasn't sure about his hamstring. Wish I would have started Crowder too.
    Yeah, I had to start Jeudy with the possibility of Hopkins being out and came away pretty happy.

As far as the defense scoring, we made the opposite type of change. Increased the points earned for each "Points Allowed" bracket (the normal points settings probably made sense when Fantasy Football was getting going 20 years ago, but with modern offenses it was kind of silly). It wasn't a huge change, but defenses are scoring 3-5 points more than they used to.

I'm in favor of having a single IDP on the roster (not a full roster of defensive players) but I haven't gotten this league on board with that yet). I also like giving players 1 point per 25 return yards.

We bid for free agents and bids are due in Friday night. So, although I can easly stream a kicker and defense, I can't wait until Sunday to pick them up. I drafted my defense and kicker last 2 rounds (like I always do). I had a good bit of depth, but there limits, especially since when we lost teams they added starting spots so now I need 3rbs, 3wrs and 1 TE and 2Flex every week.

Last week I tried to dump 2 guys on IR and was outbid soundly. I'm going to have to spend some today. Some guys in the league have spent big early and I was hoping to win without having to do that so that I could spend big late in the season to make a push to make and win the playoffs (enter obligatory Jim Mora quote here)

We bid for free agents and bids are due in Friday night. So, although I can easly stream a kicker and defense, I can't wait until Sunday to pick them up. I drafted my defense and kicker last 2 rounds (like I always do). I had a good bit of depth, but there limits, especially since when we lost teams they added starting spots so now I need 3rbs, 3wrs and 1 TE and 2Flex every week.

Last week I tried to dump 2 guys on IR and was outbid soundly. I'm going to have to spend some today. Some guys in the league have spent big early and I was hoping to win without having to do that so that I could spend big late in the season to make a push to make and win the playoffs (enter obligatory Jim Mora quote here)
    You waivers clear Saturday morning? How to you handle the Thursday games? Ours clear Wednesday morning and then it's free-for-all up until their game time. If a player is dropped after Wednesday they are individually put on waivers for a day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    You waivers clear Saturday morning? How to you handle the Thursday games? Ours clear Wednesday morning and then it's free-for-all up until their game time. If a player is dropped after Wednesday they are individually put on waivers for a day or so.
    Yes, it's actually about 3am. I wake up Saturday morning and pick up my phone to check and see who I won and lost bids for. You can't just drop a player, everything goes through the bidding system. Thursday night games are tough, you need to look ahead a week. I tend to forget.

Is it time to drop TY Hilton for a speculative add? I'm thinking either the KC D/ST, Russell Gage, or Jamaal Williams.

Guess who has Ekeler on their roster? Yep..me. That's Barkley and Ekeler lost to injuries this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Guess who has Ekeler on their roster? Yep..me. That's Barkley and Ekeler lost to injuries this season.
    I just grabbed Kelley off waivers yesterday (couldn't believe someone dropped him). On the other hand, I also drafted Kenyan Drake and TY Hilton, David Johnson, and Leonard Fournette so my roster, and RB situation specifically, is still a little...shaky. Drafting Robby Anderson late (and DeVante Parker a little less late) is paying off nicely though.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Yep, me too. Along with Barkley, AJ Brown, and Cam Akers. That is 4 of my top 6 picks that have missed (or will now miss) multiple weeks. Also Noah Fant is my TE and he is now week to week.

I might pull off the win this week to get to 2-2, but things are looking rough. Probably gonna have to go with 3 WR every game - especially once McCaffrey comes back (I picked up Mike Davis on waivers).

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yep, me too. Along with Barkley, AJ Brown, and Cam Akers. That is 4 of my top 6 picks that have missed (or will now miss) multiple weeks. Also Noah Fant is my TE and he is now week to week.

I might pull off the win this week to get to 2-2, but things are looking rough. Probably gonna have to go with 3 WR every game - especially once McCaffrey comes back (I picked up Mike Davis on waivers).
    Yep,me too. I had Barkley, Ekeler, AJ Brown. I traded Conners for Aaron Jones and that trade looked good with him paired with Ekeler and either Gibson or Henderson. Then Henderson takes a back seat to Malcom Brown yesterday. I'm getting rid of Henderson for either J. Kelly or Murray(NO). Those two are on the waiver wire.

Oh, Jones is on his bye week next game and I'm in bigggg trouble.
    Last edited by jv001; 10-05-2020 at 07:49 AM. Reason: forgot

Got a simple but interesting trade offer in a half PPR league. I am hurting at RB...got offered Joe Mixon for Tyler Lockett. Basically would take me from

WR1: Hopkins
    WR2: Lockett
    RB1: Carson
    RB2: Drake
    Flex: DeVonte Parker/Crowder/Montgomery/Gibson

To

WR2: DeVonte Parker
    RB2: Joe Mixon
    Flex: Drake/Crowder/Montgomery/Gibson

Thoughts? (I also have AJ Brown and Corey Davis but not sure when they will be usable with all the COVID stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Got a simple but interesting trade offer in a half PPR league. I am hurting at RB...got offered Joe Mixon for Tyler Lockett. Basically would take me from

WR2: Lockett
    RB2: Drake
    Flex: DeVonte Parker/Crowder/Montgomery/Gibson

To

WR2: DeVonte Parker
    RB2: Joe Mixon
    Flex: Drake/Crowder/Montgomery/Gibson

Thoughts? (I also have AJ Brown and Corey Davis but not sure when they will be usable with all the COVID stuff)
    Lockett is Wilson's go to guy and Russell is having an MVP season. Trade him at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Lockett is Wilson's go to guy and Russell is having an MVP season. Trade him at your own risk.
    Yeah, I couldn't do it (especially once I realized I play this guy this week). Instead I countered with Lockett + Mike Davis for Dalvin Cook, which I expect him to decline but hey worth a shot.

Cook will get some yards this week against my Seahawks. Can't speak for the rest of their schedule.