Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 138
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    The abbreviation for the Washington Football Team is really, really close to what you are going to be thinking/saying pretty soon.
    That would only be true if my expectations weren't properly set. People expecting a one year turn around are going to be shouting WTF. I know that if we win 6 games, we will have doubled last years wins and we have $70m in cap space going into next season.

    So I'm all WFT and not too worried about the WTF

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    I have Jamison Crowder as my third WR and Daniel Jones as my back up QB:

    QB P. Mahomes
    RB E. Elliot
    RB D. Johnson
    RB/WR Jamison Crowder
    WR Julio Jones
    WR Robert Woods
    TE J. Cook
    DST Patriots
    K W. Lutz
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I have Jamison Crowder as my third WR and Daniel Jones as my back up QB:

    QB P. Mahomes
    RB E. Elliot
    RB D. Johnson
    RB/WR Jamison Crowder
    WR Julio Jones
    WR Robert Woods
    TE J. Cook
    DST Patriots
    K W. Lutz
    Nice! I tried to get Crowder/Jones in every league. Managed to get Crowder in one and Jones (as my starter) in another.

    I have a little problem though...I skipped drafting a defense to get an extra bench player, thinking I'd be able to stash David Montgomery on IR and pick up a defense. Now it looks like Montgomery will play, which means I have to drop one of Montgomery, Jerry Jeudy, Crowder, Evan Engram, or Phillip Lindsay to pick up a D/ST...and I see them all as guys with big upside who I don't want to drop!

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I have Jamison Crowder as my third WR and Daniel Jones as my back up QB:

    QB P. Mahomes
    RB E. Elliot
    RB D. Johnson
    RB/WR Jamison Crowder
    WR Julio Jones
    WR Robert Woods
    TE J. Cook
    DST Patriots
    K W. Lutz
    Bob, I hope the D. Johnson is David and not Duke(sorry) Johnson.

    GoDuke!

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Bob, I hope the D. Johnson is David and not Duke(sorry) Johnson.

    GoDuke!
    It is indeed David Johnson.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC

    NFL Fantasy Team

    Well this didn't start off well. James Conner sprains his ankle 1 point, Evan "drops" Engram 0 points, Saquon Barkley running behind a high school offensive line 10 points. I Lose by 13 points to my friend who I talked into taking over a team. Looking at the waiver wire this am. Looking like a long season.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Well this didn't start off well. James Conner sprains his ankle 1 point, Evan "drops" Engram 0 points, Saquon Barkley running behind a high school offensive line 10 points. I Lose by 13 points to my friend who I talked into taking over a team. Looking at the waiver wire this am. Looking like a long season.
    I wouldn’t panic yet about the Giants offense. They faced a TOUGH defense last night. Things should hopefully get better in that regard. They face the Bears next, and the Bears let Detroit run all over them.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I wouldn’t panic yet about the Giants offense. They faced a TOUGH defense last night. Things should hopefully get better in that regard. They face the Bears next, and the Bears let Detroit run all over them.
    Yes, the Steeler defense is one of the best in the NFL and I have them as my Def Team. I think Barkley will be fine but I'm not so sure about Engram. I paid too much attention to the so called experts raving on how this would be Engrams year to be an elite TE. I had picked up Goedert off the waive wire and didn't put him in my starting lineup. That would have won the game for me. Conner getting injured didn't help me either. I'm not giving up on my team but I'll be watching the waiver wire closely.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    I managed to win despite my #3 RB (L.Bell) getting hurt and one of my Flex players not playing at all (Courtland Sutton, WR, Den). I was out on Sunday and by the time I hear that Sutton was a game time decision it was too late to move anyone into his spot. But I played a round of golf and coached my daughter's soccer game so that was a good tradeoff for me.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I managed to win despite my #3 RB (L.Bell) getting hurt and one of my Flex players not playing at all (Courtland Sutton, WR, Den). I was out on Sunday and by the time I hear that Sutton was a game time decision it was too late to move anyone into his spot. But I played a round of golf and coached my daughter's soccer game so that was a good tradeoff for me.
    That was a great trade off. Time with our families have become much more important to me these days and anytime I can tee it up is great.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Deebo Samuel on the IR and Michael Thomas suffering an injury have put me in a tough spot.

    Thinking about rolling the dice with Dobbins as the flex play. Slim pickings on the waiver wire. Dobbins is at least guaranteed some touches.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Deebo Samuel on the IR and Michael Thomas suffering an injury have put me in a tough spot.

    Thinking about rolling the dice with Dobbins as the flex play. Slim pickings on the waiver wire. Dobbins is at least guaranteed some touches.
    I have FIVE startable running backs right now, would be happy to trade you one. I've been trying to do a 2 for 1 to shore up my WR situation but no takers. I have Aaron Jones, Chris Carson, David Johnson, Kenyan Drake, and now Niyheim Hines all on the same team, paired with Diggs, Emmanuel Sanders, DeVante Parker, Robby Anderson, Valdes-Scantling, and Deebo Samuel at WR. I'll feel a lot better when Samuel comes back but right now my WR group is a bunch of dart throws...I have no idea who to start. Oh, I also have 2 startable TEs in this league, Noah Fant and Jonnu Smith (I grabbed Hines, MVS, and Noah Fant on waivers/free agency this morning).

    For you, Dobbins is probably a solid flex play depending on who might be available to pick up as a free agent.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I have FIVE startable running backs right now, would be happy to trade you one. I've been trying to do a 2 for 1 to shore up my WR situation but no takers. I have Aaron Jones, Chris Carson, David Johnson, Kenyan Drake, and now Niyheim Hines all on the same team, paired with Diggs, Emmanuel Sanders, DeVante Parker, Robby Anderson, Valdes-Scantling, and Deebo Samuel at WR. I'll feel a lot better when Samuel comes back but right now my WR group is a bunch of dart throws...I have no idea who to start. Oh, I also have 2 startable TEs in this league, Noah Fant and Jonnu Smith (I grabbed Hines, MVS, and Noah Fant on waivers/free agency this morning).

    For you, Dobbins is probably a solid flex play depending on who might be available to pick up as a free agent.
    Starting WRs and RBs this week:
    RB: Dalvin Cook
    RB: Chris Carson
    WR: Juju Smith-Schuster
    WR: DK Metcalf
    WR: Jamison Crowder
    Flex: J.K. Dobbins

    Bench: Jerry Jeduy, Brandin Cooks, Alexander Mattison, Boston Scott, Michael Thomas (Out), Deebo Samuel (Out)

    Top players on the waiver wire are Curtis Samuel and Justin Jefferson. They could pan out, but I know Dobbins will get some run this week. We use a free agent budget and I was outbid on my attempt to snag Parris Campbell.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    My WRs are: Hopkins, Hilton, Kupp and Fuller. I dropped Beckham because for two years now, he's been dead weight on my teams. I'm so tempted to pick up Debo off the wire list and hope he comes back by week 4. That's the date most people say he will be back but if I do, I have no idea who to drop. I have two injury prone wideouts in Hilton and Fuller. So, one of them I guess. My RBs are: Barkley, Ekeler, Conner(Q) and Malcom Brown who I picked off the wire list. I'm hoping I get more points from that group this week.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    My WRs are: Hopkins, Hilton, Kupp and Fuller. I dropped Beckham because for two years now, he's been dead weight on my teams. I'm so tempted to pick up Debo off the wire list and hope he comes back by week 4. That's the date most people say he will be back but if I do, I have no idea who to drop. I have two injury prone wideouts in Hilton and Fuller. So, one of them I guess. My RBs are: Barkley, Ekeler, Conner(Q) and Malcom Brown who I picked off the wire list. I'm hoping I get more points from that group this week.
    It appears you have just 4 RB and 4 WR. Are you allowed to have more than 4? If so, I suspect you have some guys at other positions whom you could drop for a WR. I'd prefer Beckham to Samuel though. Even without Samuel's injury. Beckham was really good when on the field in 2018, and while his 2019 wasn't as good as his best, he's still a solid starting WR option. Just not a top-end starter anymore. Samuel is unproven and risky with his foot problem.

    I would not drop Hilton or Fuller.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    It appears you have just 4 RB and 4 WR. Are you allowed to have more than 4? If so, I suspect you have some guys at other positions whom you could drop for a WR. I'd prefer Beckham to Samuel though. Even without Samuel's injury. Beckham was really good when on the field in 2018, and while his 2019 wasn't as good as his best, he's still a solid starting WR option. Just not a top-end starter anymore. Samuel is unproven and risky with his foot problem.

    I would not drop Hilton or Fuller.
    You are correct. We have 4 RBs and 4 WRs. I just don't trust Beckham and one reason is Baker Mayfield. After thinking it over, I'm going to hold on to Hilton, Fuller and Kupp and no way am I dropping Hopkins. Gallup is on our wavier wire but Cooper is going to get most of the looks on the Cowboys. My main concern is Conner who seems injury prone.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    My draft results. In the first round, I had to pick between Kamara and M.Thomas. Hope I got that one right but I tend to go RB in those situations. QB may seem early but we score lots of QB points in this league and the pick was situational (looking at who had drafted a QB, who still needed one and who was on the board).

    Flying Elvises
    1. (4) Alvin Kamara (NO - RB)
    2. (13) Davante Adams (GB - WR)
    3. (20) Travis Kelce (KC - TE)
    4. (29) JuJu Smith-Schuster (Pit - WR)
    5. (36) Melvin Gordon III (Den - RB)
    6. (45) Drew Brees (NO - QB)
    7. (52) Le'Veon Bell (NYJ - RB)
    8. (61) Keenan Allen (LAC - WR)
    9. (68) Courtland Sutton (Den - WR)
    10. (77) Tarik Cohen (Chi - RB)
    11. (84) Matthew Stafford (Det - QB)
    12. (93) Devin Singletary (Buf - RB)
    13. (100) Brandin Cooks (Hou - WR)
    14. (109) Rob Gronkowski (TB - TE)
    15. (116) Preston Williams (Mia - WR)
    16. (125) Kerryon Johnson (Det - RB)
    17. (132) Marvin Jones Jr. (Det - WR)
    18. (141) Kirk Cousins (Min - QB)
    19. (148) Parris Campbell (Ind - WR)
    20. (157) Washington (Was - DEF)
    21. (164) Younghoe Koo (Atl - K)
    So I won the first week. I'm working on my second week bids. Here are my thoughts:

    1) Don't HAVE to do anything and I'm OK this week.
    2) L.Bell is on IR for 4 weeks and Kerryon Johnson might not be worth keeping is he loses lots of touches to Adrian Peterson and I feel like Cooks is expendable. I moved D. Singletary into Bell spot for now but...
    3) We bid for players so I'm not guaranteed to get anyone. Someone bid $23 on Mack
    4) I use myfootballguys.com and part of their (paid) site is a page where they give me a suggested lineup including available players. They give a consensus lineup and then a few variations by individual author. This week they are suggesting I pick up:
    - Malcom Brown - RB - LAR - and start him over Singletary
    - E. Sanders - WR - NO - and start him over K.Allen (which really just moves Allen to the flex spot).
    - C. David - WR - Hou - and start him in a flex spot over...well the rest of my roster.
    - and some of the variations mention Mike Williams, Robby Anderson
    5) So I'm trying to figure my bids for this week to 1) maximize this week and 2) pick up anyone for later in the season. For example, I might not start Malcolm Brown this week but I suspect I should bid on him anyway.

    My current waiver bids look like this (I may have to adjust the amounts if I get serious about a player, like Brown):

    • Waiver 1 (Sep 19): Bid $15 for Malcolm Brown, Drop Kerryon Johnson
    • Waiver 2 (Sep 19): Bid $14 for Emmanuel Sanders, Drop Brandin Cooks
    • Waiver 3 (Sep 19): Bid $12 for Corey Davis, Drop Brandin Cooks
    • Waiver 4 (Sep 19): Bid $8 for Mike Williams, Drop Brandin Cooks
    • Waiver 5 (Sep 19): Bid $6 for Robby Anderson, Drop Kerryon Johnson

    Thoughts? And yes: "You're over thinking this" is a valid thought :-)

    Thanks


  18. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    So I won the first week. I'm working on my second week bids. Here are my thoughts:

    1) Don't HAVE to do anything and I'm OK this week.
    2) L.Bell is on IR for 4 weeks and Kerryon Johnson might not be worth keeping is he loses lots of touches to Adrian Peterson and I feel like Cooks is expendable. I moved D. Singletary into Bell spot for now but...
    3) We bid for players so I'm not guaranteed to get anyone. Someone bid $23 on Mack
    4) I use myfootballguys.com and part of their (paid) site is a page where they give me a suggested lineup including available players. They give a consensus lineup and then a few variations by individual author. This week they are suggesting I pick up:
    - Malcom Brown - RB - LAR - and start him over Singletary
    - E. Sanders - WR - NO - and start him over K.Allen (which really just moves Allen to the flex spot).
    - C. David - WR - Hou - and start him in a flex spot over...well the rest of my roster.
    - and some of the variations mention Mike Williams, Robby Anderson
    5) So I'm trying to figure my bids for this week to 1) maximize this week and 2) pick up anyone for later in the season. For example, I might not start Malcolm Brown this week but I suspect I should bid on him anyway.

    My current waiver bids look like this (I may have to adjust the amounts if I get serious about a player, like Brown):

    • Waiver 1 (Sep 19): Bid $15 for Malcolm Brown, Drop Kerryon Johnson
    • Waiver 2 (Sep 19): Bid $14 for Emmanuel Sanders, Drop Brandin Cooks
    • Waiver 3 (Sep 19): Bid $12 for Corey Davis, Drop Brandin Cooks
    • Waiver 4 (Sep 19): Bid $8 for Mike Williams, Drop Brandin Cooks
    • Waiver 5 (Sep 19): Bid $6 for Robby Anderson, Drop Kerryon Johnson

    Thoughts? And yes: "You're over thinking this" is a valid thought :-)

    Thanks

    I think Sanders is your best bet. Michael Thomas could be out a number of weeks. That leaves Sanders as WR1.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I think Sanders is your best bet. Michael Thomas could be out a number of weeks. That leaves Sanders as WR1.
    I'm starting Sanders this week (I think Sanders would have been startable on a weekly basis even if Thomas were healthy) over Robby Anderson, DeVante Parker, and Valdes-Scantling. Meanwhile, I have pick 1 of Kenyan Drake, Chris Carson, and Nyheim Hines for my flex (I also have David Johnson and Aaron Jones, who are locked into their starting spots). I'm leaning towards Drake, but I think Hines could be a really good play. Chris Carson had a nice week 1, but there are some volume concerns based on the week 1 workloads.

    In the same league I also have to choose between Noah Fant and Jonnu Smith at TE (leaning Fant).

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I think Sanders is your best bet. Michael Thomas could be out a number of weeks. That leaves Sanders as WR1.
    I forgot about Thomas' high ankle sprain. I'm going to increase my bid on Sanders. My real question now is whether Malcom Brown is worth the bid I have out on him (or more).

Similar Threads

  1. Need some fantasy football help
    By duketaylor in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2018, 02:07 PM
  2. 2017 Fantasy Football Thread
    By elvis14 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 151
    Last Post: 12-25-2017, 10:56 PM
  3. Fantasy Football Q&A
    By DukeBlueNV in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 09:05 AM
  4. DBR Fantasy Football
    By duketaylor in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 08:32 AM
  5. Fantasy Football
    By ehdg in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 10:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •