Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    My thinking on the Ingram drop and Gibson pick up was that J.K. Dobbins will take some of Ingram's playing time by midseason or even earlier, but I may have dropped the ball here as Dobbins is currently 4th on the RB depth chart. Gibson is 2nd on Washington's RB depth chart behind Peyton Barber. I really don't think Barber is that good of a runner. Gibson is a big fast back that can play WR and return man. I think he will be given the ball for my lowly Washington team(always be the Redskins). As for QBs, we can only play one at a time. My thinking someone will want Ryan in a trade down the road. Our rules are 2-qbs, 4 rbs, 4 wrs, 2 TE, 2 lbs, 2 def teams and
    1 kicker. We can play a RB or WR as our flex. I usually end up with playing the match up on defensive team. In an 8 team league, all our teams are pretty equal. The difference will come down to injuries and a surprise player getting hot. Last season I drafted Josh Jacobs(RB) and Darren Waller(TE) and they really came through for me. I hope Gibson does the same for me this season. But I like Barkley, Ekeler and Conner as my RBs. Conner worries me with his injury history though.
    People are way over hyping Dobbins' fantasy value. Ingram will be the lead back in a top rushing offense all season (barring injury).

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    People are way over hyping Dobbins' fantasy value. Ingram will be the lead back in a top rushing offense all season (barring injury).
    You are not the only one who thinks the way you do. I just heard one of the guys on XM Fantasy radio say basically the same thing. So, I just dropped Gibson and picked up Ingram before someone else did.
    GoDuke!

You are not the only one who thinks the way you do. I just heard one of the guys on XM Fantasy radio say basically the same thing. So, I just dropped Gibson and picked up Ingram before someone else did.
    GoDuke!
    No room for both? Cause both should be rostered.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    No room for both? Cause both should be rostered.
    I would have to drop one of: Barley, Conners or Ekeler. I'm pretty set with RBs.

TE's are my problem: Engram and Doyle.

WRs ok: Hopkins, Hilton, Beckham and Kupp. Starting QB is Mahomes.

I do have Ingram and Conner on bye week 8. I will have to use one of my WRs at flex.

I would have to drop one of: Barley, Conners or Ekeler. I'm pretty set with RBs.

TE's are my problem: Engram and Doyle.

WRs ok: Hopkins, Hilton, Beckham and Kupp. Starting QB is Mahomes.

I do have Ingram and Conner on bye week 8. I will have to use one of my WRs at flex.
    You're probably safe to drop Doyle, you don't really need a backup TE. You can get a TE of similar quality off waivers/free agency if you end up needing one (might even be able to just get Doyle back depending on the league).

You're probably safe to drop Doyle, you don't really need a backup TE. You can get a TE of similar quality off waivers/free agency if you end up needing one (might even be able to just get Doyle back depending on the league).
    If I drop Doyle, I can only pick up a 3rd linebacker or 3rd defensive team. I can't pick up extra offensive help. So, I might as well keep Doyle.

If I drop Doyle, I can only pick up a 3rd linebacker or 3rd defensive team. I can't pick up extra offensive help. So, I might as well keep Doyle.
    Aha, your bench spots are restricted to certain types of players? That changes things, then. Agreed in that case you ought to hang on to Doyle.

Ugh, got the 9th or 10th pick in every league this year! I don't generally care where I pick, but I hate picking in the same spot in every league because I end up with most of the same players in each of them...lack of variety defeats the purpose of being in more than one!

I got the #3 pick in a 10-team non-PPR. I am ok with the results, but disappointed that I waited one round too long at QB and TE. Had an opportunity to get Deshaun Watson but just missed. So that meant waiting like 7 more rounds. In hindsight, I wish I had waited longer on WR depth and gotten a better QB and TE. Oh well.

QB: Brady (Round 12)
    RB: Barkley
    RB: Ekeler
    WR: Hopkins
    WR: AJ Brown
    TE: Fant (oof, but at least he has upside)
    FLEX: Melvin Gordon
    D/ST: Bears
    K: Koo
    BENCH:
    Akers (RB)
    Gallup (WR)
    Fuller (WR)
    Cohen (RB)
    D. Samuel (WR)
    Jones (QB, round 14 upside play)
    Edmunds (RB)

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I got the #3 pick in a 10-team non-PPR. I am ok with the results, but disappointed that I waited one round too long at QB and TE. Had an opportunity to get Deshaun Watson but just missed. So that meant waiting like 7 more rounds. In hindsight, I wish I had waited longer on WR depth and gotten a better QB and TE. Oh well.

BENCH:
    Akers (RB)
    Gallup (WR)
    Fuller (WR)
    Cohen (RB)
    D. Samuel (WR)
    Edmunds (RB)
    How did you get Barkley at #3? Every draft and mock draft I've seen has been McCaffery 1, Barkley 2.
    I think Barkley + Ekeler is strong. I lost Ekeler by 1 pick, the guy that picked right before me snatched him up. I was so bummed.

Brady in round 12 is solid. He has a lot of talent around him in TB. You never know!
    One article I read was very high on Cohen in PPR leagues (I drafted him in a PPR league).

I'm a WFT fan so know there's some bias here but keep an eye on Logan Thomas in Washington. The ex-QB from VT is still learning the TE position but what I've read out of camp is that he could be a guy that get targeted in the red zone. Of course, with WFT everything is a question mark right now: very young roster, new coaching staff, no pre-season games, ???

Good luck!

BENCH:
    Akers (RB)
    Gallup (WR)
    Fuller (WR)
    Cohen (RB)
    D. Samuel (WR)
    Edmunds (RB)
    Wow. I have 3 of your top four. Barley, Ekeker and Hopkins. I see the questionable label has been dropped off Hopkins this morning. I'm in the camp that Brady is going to have a very good season. He's got way better wide receivers at TB than he had in NE. TB may surprise this season.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14;1286252[B
    ]How did you get Barkley at #3? Every draft and mock draft I've seen has been McCaffery 1, Barkley 2.[/B]
    I think Barkley + Ekeler is strong. I lost Ekeler by 1 pick, the guy that picked right before me snatched him up. I was so bummed.

Brady in round 12 is solid. He has a lot of talent around him in TB. You never know!
    One article I read was very high on Cohen in PPR leagues (I drafted him in a PPR league).

I'm a WFT fan so know there's some bias here but keep an eye on Logan Thomas in Washington. The ex-QB from VT is still learning the TE position but what I've read out of camp is that he could be a guy that get targeted in the red zone. Of course, with WFT everything is a question mark right now: very young roster, new coaching staff, no pre-season games, ???

Good luck!
    I know me personally, I had Saquan as my 4th ranked rb (Kamara, Zeke, CMC, Saquan). I create my own tiers of draftable guys.

5th pick 12 tm .5 ppr

QB: Ryan
    RB: Kamara
    RB: David Johnson
    WR: Tyreek Hill
    WR: Woods
    TE: Hurst
    Flex: Conner

Bench:
    Hunt
    Boyd
    Diontae Johnson
    Mattison
    NKeal Harry
    Lazard
    Devonta Freeman
    Last edited by JNort; 09-10-2020 at 10:02 AM.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    I know me personally, I had Saquan as my 4th ranked rb (Kamara, Zeke, CMC, Saquan).
    Interesting. Hope you're right since I was drafting 4th and picked up Kamara :-)
    I was really glad the guys picking in front of me picked up Zeke, as a Washington fan, I really didn't want to have to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    How did you get Barkley at #3? Every draft and mock draft I've seen has been McCaffery 1, Barkley 2.

Good luck!
    Yeah, the guy picking second was a Cowboys fan, so he went with Zeke at #2. Needless to say, I was thrilled to get Barkley at 3. I'd have been happy with Zeke too, but Barkley should hopefully be a value there. Getting Ekeler felt good too, and getting Hopkins in round 3 should hopefully pay dividends by midseason. He's got a young QB and hasn't had much practice, so things could be rough early on.

Was pleased that Brady went in round 12. He's not a flashy pick and provides literally nothing on the ground. But with Arians as head coach and an unbelievable group of WR and TE to throw to for the first time in over a decade, it feels like he should be a solid option.

Really, it's just the "what could have beens" that I'm mulling over. I don't think I'm hurting at any position other than TE, and if you're going to be weak somewhere TE feels like the best spot to be weak. There are a few options on the waiver wire I'm keeping an eye on: Dissly/Olsen in Seattle, Thomas in Wsh, Herndon in NYJ, Graham leaving the TE dead zone in GB and going to an offense that wants to feature the TE in Chicago, Jarwin taking over in Dal, and a few others. Hopefully either Fant will take the next step this year or one of those waiver options will pop and I can address the TE situation that way.

10 team league, .5ppr. I had pick #4 and also traded into pick #8. Ended up with:

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
    RB: Dalvin Cook
    RB: Chris Carson
    WR: Michael Thomas
    WR: Juju Smith-Schuster
    WR: DK Metcalf
    TE: Hunter Henry
    Flex: Jamison Crowder
    D/ST: Broncos
    K: Rodrigo Blankenship

Bench: Deebo Samuel, J.K. Dobbins, Jerry Jeudy, Alexander Mattison, Brandin Cooks, Boston Scott

Mattison is my handcuff in case Cook gets hurt. Scott in case Mile Sanders goes down. Worried about my RB depth. Will feel more comfortable with my WR situation once Deebo is healthy.

My trade to receive pick #8:

Sent:
    Pick 17
    Pick 24
    Pick 37

Received:
    Pick 8
    Pick 28
    Pick 93

One other thing that struck me this year - and wouldn't have been so problematic had I done any prep (our league decided at the last minute to play) - was just how few RBs have the job to themselves now and also just how deep the WR position appears to be. There were still solid WR3 options available in our league in rounds 12-13. Conversely, after about pick 25, the sure-fire starting RBs were gone. And that's despite two QBs, a TE, and about 8-10 WRs being taken in the top-25.

One other thing that struck me this year - and wouldn't have been so problematic had I done any prep (our league decided at the last minute to play) - was just how few RBs have the job to themselves now and also just how deep the WR position appears to be. There were still solid WR3 options available in our league in rounds 12-13. Conversely, after about pick 25, the sure-fire starting RBs were gone. And that's despite two QBs, a TE, and about 8-10 WRs being taken in the top-25.
    Yeah, RB is desolate this year. I actually went RB-RB-RB-RB in one league (filled my flex and drafted my first bench RB before drafting any other position) and I'm happy with the decision.

Yeah, RB is desolate this year. I actually went RB-RB-RB-RB in one league (filled my flex and drafted my first bench RB before drafting any other position) and I'm happy with the decision.
    Yep, that is what I did last year. I've always been a fan of going heavy at RB in the first 5 rounds. This year I went RB/RB/WR/RB/RB. So, pretty close. I only sort of regret taking that last RB instead of a QB. Of course, had I done that, I'd have been left with more questionable 4th RB. So, I guess it was 6 of one, half-dozen of the other. And I potentially regret going WR (my fifth) in round 10 instead of TE, which left me with the unproven Fant at TE.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post

Good luck!
    The abbreviation for the Washington Football Team is really, really close to what you are going to be thinking/saying pretty soon.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    The abbreviation for the Washington Football Team is really, really close to what you are going to be thinking/saying pretty soon.
    Soon? How about the last 25 years or so?