Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Well, it turns out I picked the wrong third RB option, as Melvin Gordon was substantially outscored by Jeff Wilson. And Hopkins laid a bit on an egg this week. But surprisingly Brady outdid Mahomes despite only playing the first half. My other RBs (Ekeler, Fournette) did solidly, and my opponent got little out of Cupp and Aiyuk. So the good news for me is that I go into tonight’s game with a 17.4 point lead with my AJ Brown against my opponent’s Aaron Jones. So as long as Jones doesn’t go wild I should win the title. A bit sheepish on the one hand as I got a bit lucky last week. But less sheepish since I lost my top two picks for about 20 combined games due to injury.

So, come on Tennessee defense and/or AJ Brown to get me a semi-deserved title!

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Well, it turns out I picked the wrong third RB option, as Melvin Gordon was substantially outscored by Jeff Wilson. And Hopkins laid a bit on an egg this week. But surprisingly Brady outdid Mahomes despite only playing the first half. My other RBs (Ekeler, Fournette) did solidly, and my opponent got little out of Cupp and Aiyuk. So the good news for me is that I go into tonight’s game with a 17.4 point lead with my AJ Brown against my opponent’s Aaron Jones. So as long as Jones doesn’t go wild I should win the title. A bit sheepish on the one hand as I got a bit lucky last week. But less sheepish since I lost my top two picks for about 20 combined games due to injury.

So, come on Tennessee defense and/or AJ Brown to get me a semi-deserved title!
    I'm guessing you pulled it out?

Hopkins, Aiyuk, and AJ Brown combining for like 17 points pretty much sunk me (meanwhile, Crowder with 25 points and Drake with 12 sit on my bench). I also started Hurts over Roethlisberger which cost me about 5 points. Technically there is still a chance...I'm up .7 points and he has Buffalo's D and Kicker. So if the Pats win like 50-0 I can still pull it out!

Oh well...2nd place isn't bad I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I'm guessing you pulled it out?

Hopkins, Aiyuk, and AJ Brown combining for like 17 points pretty much sunk me (meanwhile, Crowder with 25 points and Drake with 12 sit on my bench). I also started Hurts over Roethlisberger which cost me about 5 points. Technically there is still a chance...I'm up .7 points and he has Buffalo's D and Kicker. So if the Pats win like 50-0 I can still pull it out!

Oh well...2nd place isn't bad I suppose.
    Yeah, it wasn't a win in style, as my opponent scored just 90.6 and I scored just 100.5 (the playoff teams averaged between 100 and 105 points per week on the season with the best team averaging over 110 per week). But I will gladly take it. I too left a bunch of points on the table by sitting Wilson and Davis in favor of Fournette and Gordon, but process over outcome means I have to be comfortable with those choices. And it is always easier to accept the decisions win the result is a win.

My team wasn't the best team, although injuries are a big part of the story. I was pretty lucky last week that the best team got a 0 from Ebron (who was his replacement for Kittle who was on IR). That team was pretty stacked, with Rodgers, Henry, Mostert, Tyreek Hill, Ridley, Metcalf, and Kittle. My healthy team would have been Brady, Barkley, Ekeler, Hopkins, AJ Brown, James Robinson, and Thomas/Gesicki. But he was without Kittle and I was without Barkley, so it was a bit of a lighter matchup. My team was deeper, with Melvin Gordon, Wilson, Fournette (the latter two valuable only late in the season), and Mike Davis, but he definitely had the better starters. I just got lucky with Ebron getting hurt and putting up the goose egg.

Second place this year is nothing to sneeze at (well, ANY year, but especially this crazy year). Sorry that it doesn't sound like first will be in the cards though!

My opponent in the championship match had Kamara. I scored over 100 points, with good performances by McKissic, Sanders, Cooks, and Kelce. OK performances by Hurts, the Steelers defense, and by kicker Butker, and only one dud (Aiyuk). But it wasn't enough to upend a guy getting 53 points from his running back.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    My opponent in the championship match had Kamara. I scored over 100 points, with good performances by McKissic, Sanders, Cooks, and Kelce. OK performances by Hurts, the Steelers defense, and by kicker Butker, and only one dud (Aiyuk). But it wasn't enough to upend a guy getting 53 points from his running back.
    I suspect most folks who had Kamara won this week. Reminded me of the year I rode LaDanian Tomlinson to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Aiyuk had been performing very well but he couldn't overcome not having a QB that could complete a pass down field. The #1 and #2 QBs are done for the year. Maybe they can pick up Haskins in the off season.

2021 Fantasy Football anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Aiyuk had been performing very well but he couldn't overcome not having a QB that could complete a pass down field. The #1 and #2 QBs are done for the year. Maybe they can pick up Haskins in the off season.
    Brought back for discussion the 2021 NFL Fantasy Football Leagues. For some reason our league manager went to the Auto Draft this year. I would rather have picked my own poison but I came out ok. I got the 5th pick and came up with: QB-Mahomes, RB1-Henry, RB2- Chubb, Flex- Carson, WR1-Metcalf, WR2- Thielen and rookie TE- Pitts.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Brought back for discussion the 2021 NFL Fantasy Football Leagues. For some reason our league manager went to the Auto Draft this year. I would rather have picked my own poison but I came out ok. I got the 5th pick and came up with: QB-Mahomes, RB1-Henry, RB2- Chubb, Flex- Carson, WR1-Metcalf, WR2- Thielen and rookie TE- Pitts.
    The whole league on auto-draft? Weird...good luck! That looks like a really good squad, I would be stoked with those picks.

I normally do a fair bit of research and make my own tier list for each position (sounds more involved than it is, the main purpose is to remind myself about rookies and guys that have switched teams or guys who are going to see less targets because the team brought in another WR, etc) and I start listening to a fantasy podcast (~1 hr) each day while I'm at work in the couple weeks before the draft. This year, I have done zero research. Have no idea what is going on with any team. 2 drafts in the next week, wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    The whole league on auto-draft? Weird...good luck! That looks like a really good squad, I would be stoked with those picks.

I normally do a fair bit of research and make my own tier list for each position (sounds more involved than it is, the main purpose is to remind myself about rookies and guys that have switched teams or guys who are going to see less targets because the team brought in another WR, etc) and I start listening to a fantasy podcast (~1 hr) each day while I'm at work in the couple weeks before the draft. This year, I have done zero research. Have no idea what is going on with any team. 2 drafts in the next week, wish me luck!
    Good luck. Yes, the entire league was on Auto-draft. You could go into your team and set up how you wanted to draft. In other words, I sat my draft this way.
    Rounds 1 and 2: Running back. Round 3: wide receiver. Round 4: QB(I wanted Mahomes or Allen). Round 5:RB, Round 6: WR, Round 7:RB, Round 8: TE. Rounds 9 & 10: WR. Then after that I took Defensive team, Defensive player and Kicker. With only 8 teams, so everyone ended up with a good team. I was blessed not to get Barkley(RB) or Engram(TE). I don't trust Barkley because of injuries and the Giants terrible offensive line. As for Engram, he has hands of stone. I had both last season.